PDA

View Full Version : August '08-'09 Buildoff 89 S-10 Blazer

Pages : [1] 2

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
well, i bought this today and i'll pick it up from florida next weekend...im getting rid of my saturn and my 4x4 blazer because im sure this one will take up most of my time...

what is it? 89 chevy 2 dr s10 blazer w/ a 400hp 383 stroker and 700R4 tranny...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer4.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer3.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer6.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer7.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blazer8.jpg

V8 S-10 Notes 1: Engine - Block: 92 caprice 5.7L block 2 bolt mains 1 peice rear main seal bored .030 over and square decked. Clearanced for Stroker crank and connecting rods. All engine bearings are Bi-metal silicone construction and standard sized. Scat 9000 lightweight stroker crankshaft, Scat 5.7 inch I-beam connecting rods w/ 7/16" capscrews, Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons with 12cc dish. GM performance parts LT4 Hot Cam kit .525" lift 218 228 duration @.050 hydraulic roller with new summit racing lifters. New steel double roller timing chain and gears New Hi volume oil pump with welded pick up Cylinder Heads: GM iron Vortec 64cc chambers new SI 1 piece swirl polished stainless steel valves w/ undercut stems. GM LT4 valve springs and 1.6 roller rockers. ARP screw in rocker studs. Full competition port and polish and 3 angle valve job. valve pockets cut for springs, guides cut for high lift cam Professional Products Crosswind intake, Edelbrock performer 750 carb, MSD ready to run Billet distributor with Blaster SS coil and Bronze gear Vacuum advance removed. base timing set to 10 deg BTC. Heddman ceramic coated shorty V8 conversion headers and offset V8 conversion motor mounts. New 2.8L engine mounts on the frame. Imco Performance stainless 2 chamber mufflers (like flowmaster delta flow) Sliverline stainless tips 92 Caprice Serpentine Accessory Drive with A.I.R. pump removed. New A/C compressor, water pump and Alternator (105 Amp) 16"x31" Aluminum 2 row race radiator recessed into new core support with Derale dual electric cooling fans and Be-Cool thermal Fan switch 2: Transmission- 700R4 with 2400 stall converter. Valve body modified for auto converter lock-up in 4th gear. Driveshaft shortened 2 inches 3: Suspension/Brakes/Rear end- Front: Spohn tubular lower control arms with eurethane bushings takes stock ball joint, Speedway tubular upper control arms takes stock ball joint . 81 Firebird/Camaro spindles,rotors and calipers, braided flex hoses. QA1 coilover shock conversion Jegs Adjustable proportioning valve Rear: Stock 2003 S-10 blazer disc brake rear end with 3.42 ring and pinion and Torsen limited slip differential from 2002 Trans Am. Redline shock proof gear oil. Braided flex hose. O3 Blazer rear sway bar. 3 inch tapered drop blocks 4: Interior- Momo seats and 3 point belts. Autometer Phantom Gauges in custom dash panels Sony CD Player. Grant Mahogany steering wheel with Billet adapter. Dash carrier sprayed with Rhinoliner New carpet New material for headliner (not installed) B&M Truck Megashifter 5: Misc- Custom wiring with 98 Buick Lesabre underhood fuse and relay center (wiring diagrams and info included) New front bumper, windshield and hood, Stainless steel grill. Steel rollpan Welded to body and cut for exhaust tip exit. New paint in GM Black and Medium Metallic Grey

xmodkidd33
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Really nice. Any interior pictures yet?

TheB1GDude
11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Nice!! But kinda seems like your cheating.... :) You had all those plans for the old Blazer and what do you do....? Go buy a new / better one?? :)

Donziikid
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
That is one sexy looking Blazer, Suicide_Star! :D

HUMMER H4
11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Thats sexy and awsome!

SPR
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
well you deff have a better start now!!

you shouldnt have said anything, you should said you won a small fortune off a scratch it ticket, and you have some serious plans for the blazer lmao.

a month later post pictures, heres the updates guys! haha no one evveeer woulda known, and you probably would won the competition :P haha

TactiKal
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Sweet Suicide!!! Did you get a good deal on it? I really like the exhaust pipes coming out of the roll pan. This thing is gonna be sick! Nice choice!

texan_idiot25
11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
You ****in Did It!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Care to give me any old blazer?

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 06:04 PM
well you deff have a better start now!!

you shouldnt have said anything, you should said you won a small fortune off a scratch it ticket, and you have some serious plans for the blazer lmao.

a month later post pictures, heres the updates guys! haha no one evveeer woulda known, and you probably would won the competition :P haha

lol, that would have been funny but i'm not talented enough to put together something like this :p i'm probably going to get new black door panels for it and the black tail/headlights and clear signals on my other blazer are going on this one. i also ordered a chrome/gunmetal grille to replace that billet grille, hopefully i'll have new pics ready to roll week after next.

SPR
11-06-2008, 06:24 PM
sounds pretty bad ***!

but come on this is the internet, you have all the talent in the world to be whatever your heart desires mr. 7 foot 2 star basket ball player with 30 billion dollars and just signed a contract modeling for hollister and currently have a fling with jessica simpson who your gonnna blow off for paris hilton haha.

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
interior pics...rhinolinered/stainless dash, autometer phantom gauges, the lights are indicators for headlights, brights, low rad coolant, low brake fluid, etc.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blzr3.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blzr2.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/blzr.jpg

texan_idiot25
11-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Good idea putting the head unit on the wrong side of the car.

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Good idea putting the head unit on the wrong side of the car.

who's worried about music when you have a 383 roaring under the hood?

texan_idiot25
11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
When the gasopacolypse comes and your stuck in a gas line, your gonna wish you had something!

Kinda like my only cup holder being on the passenger door... Of a near 7 foot wide car.

Burnout pics and video are a must. And I mean it.

SPR
11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
who's worried about music when you have a 383 roaring under the hood?

[QUOTE=texan_idiot25;190627]When the gasopacolypse comes and your stuck in a gas line, your gonna wish you had something![QUOTE]

thats when you'll be worriing about your music, when ya cant drive it any more hahaha.

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
this is the grille i got in the mail for it...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/grille.jpg

TactiKal
11-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I think you should spray that billet grille black so you can swap the grilles out and change the look. I personally like the billet grille (especially if it were black) better than the new one you are getting, but im sure it will still look great! Do your thing man!

ling427ttvette
11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
That stainless gauge panel needs a serious re-working, and how are you even supposed to tell which LED goes to what, so if your low rad. light comes on, how are you going to know that's the light that's on?

The LED's aren't even straight, just kind of wandering around on it and the panel itself looks like it overlaps on the driver side top of the dash. I don't know if you bought it like that or if you did it, but I don't like it.

I however do like the engine, but it needs more 6 speed.

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
That stainless gauge panel needs a serious re-working, and how are you even supposed to tell which LED goes to what, so if your low rad. light comes on, how are you going to know that's the light that's on?

The LED's aren't even straight, just kind of wandering around on it and the panel itself looks like it overlaps on the driver side top of the dash. I don't know if you bought it like that or if you did it, but I don't like it.

I however do like the engine, but it needs more 6 speed.

i'm not sure how his indicator lights work yet, he's drawn up the wiring and stuff for me, and i certainly didn't put together the stainless dash lol...i would never have even come up with anything like that...it may look better than those pics do it justice, but he took those pics, not me. i definitely want to replace that steering wheel with a grant black gtII steering wheel. as far as a 6 speed? that wouldn't work out well, it's got traction issues w/ the auto.

(ps, if it isn't obivous...i didn't buy the truck for the dash =P )

ling427ttvette
11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Well I didn't think you did, I would hope not anyway. :lol:

And if you got traction issues, you need a better tire, and possibly wider than what it has. What size does it have anyway? Looks like it might have 275/50R15's, or are they 295's?

That thing is definitely killer and I want it.

TactiKal
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
You should pull your strobes off the old one before you sell it and put em on this one!

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Well I didn't think you did, I would hope not anyway. :lol:

And if you got traction issues, you need a better tire, and possibly wider than what it has. What size does it have anyway? Looks like it might have 275/50R15's, or are they 295's?

That thing is definitely killer and I want it.

not sure on tiresize, but the rear rims are wide...15x8 torque thrust Ds, front are 15x7...275 sounds a tad big? because a 235 is huge on an s10

ling427ttvette
11-06-2008, 10:28 PM
A 235/75R15? Those are kind of tall, but definitely not wide.

I am running a 245/60R15 on the back of my Camaro, really I need to be running a 50.

275/50's would be perfect for it if it doesn't have them already, trust me they will fit. They are shorter than the 235's. Just for reference, 235 is width, 75 is height.

suicide_star
11-06-2008, 10:37 PM
A 235/75R15? Those are kind of tall, but definitely not wide.

I am running a 245/60R15 on the back of my Camaro, really I need to be running a 50.

275/50's would be perfect for it if it doesn't have them already, trust me they will fit. They are shorter than the 235's. Just for reference, 235 is width, 75 is height.

you're right, what's a good street/strip tire in general? the only tires i've ever bought were all terrains or low pros for ricer cars.

ling427ttvette
11-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't have much experience for a good street/strip tire.

I want to say Nitto makes some though, but I can't remember what they are. I would know them if I saw them, I do know they are directional.

SPR
11-06-2008, 11:38 PM
i think your talking about the nitto 555R's and they are junk lol.

Id run a bridgestone or kumho any day over nitto's over priced tires. dont even think about running 555R's in the rain either geez.

DRFTKO
11-07-2008, 12:03 AM
i think your talking about the nitto 555R's and they are junk lol.

Id run a bridgestone or kumho any day over nitto's over priced tires. dont even think about running 555R's in the rain either geez.

You forgot to mention that Nittos seem to wear prematurely as well; regardless of a proper alignment or not (or modified suspension). I feel that Kumho makes a better tire than Nitto and they are supposed to be bottom of the line compared to Nitto. Just my two cents.:)

SPR
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM
You forgot to mention that Nittos seem to wear prematurely as well; regardless of a proper alignment or not (or modified suspension). I feel that Kumho makes a better tire than Nitto and they are supposed to be bottom of the line compared to Nitto. Just my two cents.:)

yup your absolutly right. my buddy who ran 555R's only got about 8k miles out of his set. keep in mind that was with some track use too.

but at like 300 bucks a tire or whatever they cost now days, to only get 8k miles is just rediculous.

I find the higher end kumhos quite nice, while they do make some cheaper tires, they make some good ones too.

these wouldnt be good for a rwd chevy, but the bridgestone RE90 potenzas taht i ran on my sti were amazing, loved those tires, and they were reasonably priced. and really stuck to the pavement. but as a drag tire, i dont think they would be the best.

DRFTKO
11-07-2008, 12:50 AM
yup your absolutly right. my buddy who ran 555R's only got about 8k miles out of his set. keep in mind that was with some track use too.

but at like 300 bucks a tire or whatever they cost now days, to only get 8k miles is just rediculous.

I find the higher end kumhos quite nice, while they do make some cheaper tires, they make some good ones too.

these wouldnt be good for a rwd chevy, but the bridgestone RE90 potenzas taht i ran on my sti were amazing, loved those tires, and they were reasonably priced. and really stuck to the pavement. but as a drag tire, i dont think they would be the best.

That is exactly what I mean, they are not worth the ridiculous amount that you pay for them. Anyway, nice Blazer Suicide...just don't go with Corvette tail lights (I had a friend that had a set on his Blazer, and they looked dumb imo). By the way, how is the Civic?:)

suicide_star
11-09-2008, 09:15 AM
That is exactly what I mean, they are not worth the ridiculous amount that you pay for them. Anyway, nice Blazer Suicide...just don't go with Corvette tail lights (I had a friend that had a set on his Blazer, and they looked dumb imo). By the way, how is the Civic?:)

the civic's fine =P some time next month we're taking this blazer, the civic, an 08sti, and a nova(forgot what year) to the track, she thinks the civics going to spank this blazer. (depending on my traction issues, she may be right)

5 more days and the blazer will be here. no corvette tails, i have smoked out euro tails that are so dark that they blend right into the body, i decided that im going to powdercoat the billet grille black, swapping out all the turn signals with smoked clear signals, and probably changing out the headlights with a black h4 projector light. otherwise the exterior is staying as is.

here are the headlights (photobucket is not cooperating with me) i'm undecided between the black or the chrome

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-93-Chevy-S10-S-10-Projector-Headlight-89-90-91-92_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem220306470746QQitemZ220306470746Q QptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-85-87-89-91-94-CHEVY-S10-H4-DIAMOND-HEADLIGHTS-7x6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em14QQhashZitem310098354188QQitemZ310098354188 QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

opinions? help me out =P

texan_idiot25
11-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I have my money on the blazer when it hooks. I've ran behind an Si (street speeding), though fast, their not 400 hp V8 fast.

TactiKal
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Go with the black headlights to keep that stealth look!

SPR
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
black for sure!

and that si better be turbo if it thinks its beating you no matter how much you lose traction off the line lol.

the sti how ever... we'lll your going to have a run for your money lol.

xmodkidd33
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
and that si better be turbo if it thinks its beating you no matter how much you lose traction off the line lol.

And VTAK!!!!!111!1!!1!11!!

Sorry, but what motor is in the truck again? Sich as size, displacement, etc.?

suicide_star
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
And VTAK!!!!!111!1!!1!11!!

Sorry, but what motor is in the truck again? Sich as size, displacement, etc.?

5.7L 383 stroker, approx 400+ hp. the guys supposed to get me a dyno sheet, if not, im going to get it dynoed here.

kendallcschm
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
dude you should bag this baby... make it able to dance!!! lol you got a super charger or turbo on it? if not you should supercharge it and make sure the supercharger is kenne bell or whipple

xmodkidd33
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Cherry Bombs.

Don't get bags, lower it a bit and put some nice, wide tires on it.

kendallcschm
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
lol wow but you can make it do cool things with it bagged

suicide_star
11-10-2008, 06:07 PM
i'm guessing people don't read much?

why cherry bombs? it has dual stainless 2 ch mufflers already, forced induction isn't a great idea because the stroke is so short and it's a very high compression engine. i'm not bagging it because it's more of a hot rod than a mini truck. it's already lowered.

SPR
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
i'm guessing people don't read much?

why cherry bombs? it has dual stainless 2 ch mufflers already, forced induction isn't a great idea because the stroke is so short and it's a very high compression engine. i'm not bagging it because it's more of a hot rod than a mini truck. it's already lowered.

:roll: ignore ******* people. were all getting tired of the worthelss post whoring post lol.

It looks good how it is. doesnt need much of anything. The grill and head lights will be badass. only thing i might change is some slightly lower profile tires, maybe 1 size up in wheels, and a tad bit more of a drop. But that a *****en truck. it doesnt need no stupid super charger. Specially one from kenne bell. if he knew anyhting he would know kenne bell doesnt even make a super for this motor. they barley make supers for GM's at all. produced it for the hummer h2 and a very limited year of newer corvettes. kenne bell is all about ford noob!

suicide_star
11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
:roll: ignore ******* people. were all getting tired of the worthelss post whoring post lol.

It looks good how it is. doesnt need much of anything. The grill and head lights will be badass. only thing i might change is some slightly lower profile tires, maybe 1 size up in wheels, and a tad bit more of a drop. But that a *****en truck. it doesnt need no stupid super charger. Specially one from kenne bell. if he knew anyhting he would know kenne bell doesnt even make a super for this motor. they barley make supers for GM's at all. produced it for the hummer h2 and a very limited year of newer corvettes. kenne bell is all about ford noob!

hehe, so much for slightly lower profile tires, im putting some fat *** mickey thompsons in the back =P im seriously thinking about throwing a flamethrower kit on the pipes to blow out some flames...i think burning the front bumpers off of ricers could become a fascinating hobby :lol:

wadethejuggalo
11-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Cherry Bombs.

Don't get bags, lower it a bit and put some nice, wide tires on it.

you gott a get the glass pack thou

suicide_star
11-11-2008, 12:41 AM
you gott a get the glass pack thou

:roll: that's all i have to say.

SPR
11-11-2008, 01:55 AM
hehe, so much for slightly lower profile tires, im putting some fat *** mickey thompsons in the back =P im seriously thinking about throwing a flamethrower kit on the pipes to blow out some flames...i think burning the front bumpers off of ricers could become a fascinating hobby :lol:

Slicks on the back look sick too :D i still say skinnys up front thou!

the flame kitwould be awesome.

autoloc makes a awesome kit, very nice, and pretty **** cheap too! ive installed a couple of those for customer cars. They deliver some quite nice results.

why did you even responde, if you show them attention, they will keep making dumb post lol.

wadethejuggalo
11-11-2008, 01:34 PM

so niw we have something to look foward too

suicide_star
11-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Leaving tomorrow night to pick up the beast...WEWT. im ready to get it over here and get some fresh pics.

SPR
11-14-2008, 01:25 AM
have a safe trip!!

suicide_star
11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
heres a video tex...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture117-3.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture117-3.flv)

so, i left friday night at 11pm, got back at 5pm today (sunday) and...the trucks nice...my uncle is an ASE master mechanic and i let him check it out to confirm if the builder did, in fact, spend around $20K on this truck and he said that guy could have easily put $20K into it. there's lots of work to be done to finish up the interior, and the carb needs a lighter spring for the needle valve...i also have to rewire the speedo and tach so they come on with the headlights, but its going to be a really fun project...lots more vids and pics to come.

SPR
11-16-2008, 07:48 PM
sooooo siicck!!! gotta love it!

Whens the drag racing videos coming :D

texan_idiot25
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
"So that Texan won't ***** at me"

Thanks, I love you too. :)

****in' sinister looking. Gotta do the timing switch we were talkin' about for extra S-n-G's.

clintr79
11-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Looks good man you just need a blower on top now :bigwink: How much did you have to pay for that if you don't mind me asking

texan_idiot25
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Like 5 grand-ish, it was up on ebay.

suicide_star
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Looks good man you just need a blower on top now :bigwink: How much did you have to pay for that if you don't mind me asking

$4600, costed $275 to drive up there and back, and about $40 on Florida's toll roads XD

im not sure how well forced induction would work on it, the compressions pretty high.

clintr79
11-16-2008, 08:34 PM
$4600, costed $275 to drive up there and back, and about $40 on Florida's toll roads XD

im not sure how well forced induction would work on it, the compressions pretty high.

Sounds like a good price for it and yes your compression would have to be at least 9:1 for a blower to work correct.My camaro i had was 8.5:1 compression ratio.Does it run good and get up and go?

adamcrawls
11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
wow, thats really clean

TheB1GDude
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Really nice dude!! Looks sweet!! Can't wait to see a few more photos of it with the minor mods you have planned... lights and grille and what not!!

Sweed
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Kinda like my only cup holder being on the passenger door... Of a near 7 foot wide car.

Atleast you have cup holders. I don't..... :(

Hardcore racer
11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
That thing sound freakin awsome man!!!!!!!
I cant wait to see more

suicide_star
11-23-2008, 05:23 PM
fresh pics! i think i have the carb tuned just about perfect, i spent half the day sideways giving my tires hell tesing it out =) here's some pics w/ the new euro lights...interior pics coming soon.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture141-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture142-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture143-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture144-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture145-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture146-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture147-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture148-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture121-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture127-1.jpg
i forgot to mention this, and i apologize to the people that i've misled...but i'm actually a teddybear IRL...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture140-2.jpg

KITT222
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
nice... i like it! great work!

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Looking hot dude!!

suicide_star
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
thanks guys. near future plans include stainless braided heater hoses, MSD 6AL module, Edelbrock 100shot nitrous kit, and traction bars =)

amorton94
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
nice blazer! i have a 1988 blazer with a 6" lift and soon 35" tires and a fresh coat of paint (truefire woo hoo!!!)

suicide_star
11-23-2008, 10:37 PM
nice blazer! i have a 1988 blazer with a 6" lift and soon 35" tires and a fresh coat of paint (truefire woo hoo!!!)

pics? i have an 85 4x4 blazer w/ a 3" lift in the back yard =P

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 10:39 PM
You guys need to take better care of your Blazers.... leaving them lying all over the place!!

SPR
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM
wanna trade motors :D

texan_idiot25
11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
****in' BA, and the NIN sticker sets it off.

BTW, please to god, do you have any steel S10 wheels? My local junkyards have become hopeless at getting some steelies that fit the firebird.

suicide_star
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
old door panels:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture154-3.jpg
*vomits*
new door panels:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture155-2.jpg
yay. i also have black matching arm rests for them and the bezel that goes around the door handles are getting airbrushed with silver biomechanical skulls and all that good stuff...also, the dash panels are getting painted up with biomechanical art. my grille is off to the shop getting powdercoated black, soon the black headlights should be in. this friday i'm going to my uncle's house to get him to help me calibrate my carburetor. umm, oh yea, there are holes in the fender for the OEM "blazer" badges, but they look ***, so i got these...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture156-2.jpg
i know, i know...it's not an SS, but my 400hp says you can kiss my ***.

oh, and here's a pic of babes eating a snack...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture158-3.jpg

SPR
12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
new door panels look sick!

suicide_star
12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
new door panels look sick!

they look nice, but their quality sucks compared to OEM. unfortunately, i can't find any brand new oem door panels, especially not in black, but at least these will compliment my leet rhinolinered dash lol. wait til you see the door handle bezels. hawtness.

texan_idiot25
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Where did you get the panels? Pretty sure LMC has these S10s covered.

suicide_star
12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Where did you get the panels? Pretty sure LMC has these S10s covered.

i bought them from LMC directly, got the SS badges from them too.

suicide_star
12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
door panels installed, still waiting on the door bezels to get airbrushed and some window cranks
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture160-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture162-3.jpg
phoenix gold 6.5" 2 ways and 6.5" components
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture163-3.jpg
SS badges.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture164-3.jpg

suicide_star
12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
so, started working on the speaker box today that's going to be housing 2 amps, a capacitor, 4 6.5" speakers, 2 10" woofers and a whole lot of wiring.

here's the space it's going to fill...the cap between the fenderwell and the front seats..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture169-1.jpg

the last 3 feet of the truck is going to remain cargo space and this box is going to separate the truck's ****pit from the cargo area. so, here's some progress...

a sheet of 1/2" MDF
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture170-1.jpg

mocking up the holes for the subs...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture171-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture172-2.jpg

the amp is going to be countersunk into the box so that it's level with the box's face. here's the mockup for that
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture173-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture174-2.jpg
then i started working on the area for all those 6.5" speakers and the capacitor...here's that getting built.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture175-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture176-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture177-2.jpg
here it is w/ the face and the mock ups of the 6.5's...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture178-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture179-2.jpg

this is just the rough work on the cover, it's going to be padded and upholstered with black vinyl and all the seams are sealed w/ woodglue, they'll be resealed w/ silicone from the inside and all the edges are going to be rounded off and fused together w/ spray foam...more to come next weekend.

TheB1GDude
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
That installs going to be pretty tight dude!! Great job!

Tmaxxn3
12-07-2008, 07:16 PM
wowowo son lookin hawwttt but as for the lmc stuff i was gonna order some stuff for my 87 scottsdale and my dad would let me cuz he said the quality sucked balls...but looking great..im inpressed by the speaker box building skills by the way..

skim4food
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
omg dude thats going to sound/ look so sick!

suicide_star
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
a little bit of progress....!!!
first off, my current fuel pump is only putting 4lbs to my carb -_- it requires 7-8 so, sometimes when i wind out the engine, it'll bog. well, i got a 130gph 14psi fuel pump in the mail =)
i rewired the dashboard electronics so that everything functions like it should, turn signals, brights indicator, gauge backlights, etc.
i also rewired the electric fans, they were switched on and off by a relay connected to a temp switch which would even keep them on when the truck wasn't running (hence, draining my battery) sooo...they each now have their own 60A relay (overkill, i know) that's ignition controlled.
aside from that, i'm waiting on the grille to get powdercoated black, the only other appearance mod i did was the H4 headlight conversion as seen below.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture184-2.jpg

today i'm working on getting my aftermarket horns working and i'll probably install a new steering wheel, (the mahogany fails)

stang_racer
12-22-2008, 01:43 PM
wow ss, looking great! good to see some progress keep us updated!, and if the mahagony fails then what are you planning on putting in there?

kendallcschm
12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
sweet ride so far :-)

suicide_star
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
wow ss, looking great! good to see some progress keep us updated!, and if the mahagony fails then what are you planning on putting in there?

glad you asked.

the cool thing about the mahogany is that the entire hub assembly was billet and it looked pretty clean, other than that there was nothing great about it and it really clashed w/ the interior...here's a pic of it...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture188-3.jpg

soo...i went looking at a few steering wheels locally today and found this one in advanced auto parts, i've never seen it before and it caught my eye.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture189-3.jpg

it looks a lot more modern and matches my interior better, and the freakin horn button works like it should lol...here are some pics of it installed...
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture190-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture191-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture192-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture190-2.jpg
the truck didn't come w/ a stock horn either and since my engine is chrome/red for the most part, i picked up these bad boys and put em in...(please ignore the wiring mess, i'm cleaning all that up tomorrow)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture193-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture194-3.jpg
they sound great, like a big truck or suv horn.

suicide_star
12-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Update:
Added Stainless Hose Kit and Started Painting the Calipers. Here's a few crappy pisc i took in the rain XD

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture240-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture241-3.jpg

need some new lugs, these are a lil bit rusted. i wanted some red on the calipers, but i figured doing them all red would look sort of cheap, so...i decided to do them red/silver.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture242-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture243-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture244-2.jpg

suicide_star
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
here's a skull i really liked, so i epoxied it to my dash lol...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture196-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture195-1.jpg
decided to model the interior trim after the skull...here's my door handle bezels...more to come this weekend.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture246-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture245-2.jpg

texan_idiot25
12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Bad fuggin *** man!

Try and get some better shots of the skulls in the door panels

suicide_star
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Bad fuggin *** man!

Try and get some better shots of the skulls in the door panels

looks like he did the dark grey coat last and just ghosted the skulls into that color, when i get some outdoor light they may show up better.

suicide_star
01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Updates:
A few more interior parts painted, got 2 left, the main dash panels and it'll be all ghettofied urban camo!! lawl. some people like the camo, some don't...but i'm the one thats got to look at it everyday and it's fine with me =P
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture267-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture269-2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture270-2.jpg
pics of the blazer and the daily driver
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture264-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture263-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture265-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture266-3.jpg
Pics of my Front and Rear calipers...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture252-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture253-3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture251-3.jpg

texan_idiot25
01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Nevermind, if you want to keep those ****-ugly headlighs, smoke the front lights. :lol:

Donziikid
01-03-2009, 08:20 PM
****, dude, those panels are awesome! :nod:

NETC_redd
01-04-2009, 10:40 AM
not bad, i'm a fan of that bodystyle. too bad those headlights are fugly.

suicide_star
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
not bad, i'm a fan of that bodystyle. too bad those headlights are fugly.

do you and texan have some sort of coalition plotting on the hating of my super ricey headlights? fine then, new headlights are in the mail Tex, are ya happy? huh? pshhhht. at least mine came w/ headlights :p

NETC_redd
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
yes, i've been on the board for all of two days and we already have an alliance against you.

xmodkidd33
01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, the light's hafta go, dude. :lol:

What style did you order?

NETC_redd
01-04-2009, 01:10 PM

better ones, and that's all that matters.

TheB1GDude
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I reckon those lights would be OK if you smoked them and the indicators so they looked like one solid lens, as it is they do look a little odd on an 89 Blazer.... :)

suicide_star
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM

these...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/DIAMONDSQUAREjpg.jpg

i had those on my sonoma, they're a lot brighter and not as ricey.

xmodkidd33
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
They look awesome!

Well, anything would compared to those black holes... :lol: I kid, I kid.

SPR
01-04-2009, 04:46 PM
you buying an sti next?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/l_05ad6df4491a4048aa8814fe4d033ac2.jpg

that snow camo looks siiick! very nice job!

suicide_star
01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
you buying an sti next?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/l_05ad6df4491a4048aa8814fe4d033ac2.jpg

that snow camo looks siiick! very nice job!

haha, that STI looks cool.. some people like my interior, some people don't. the thing i like about hardbody s10s is that they're too young to be a classic and too hold to have any set standards for styling.

noturday
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture263-3.jpg

looks like you could fit the blazer in the bed of the silvy haha

suicide_star
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
for all the pplz that hate my headlights...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture279-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture280-1.jpg
they're bright little bastards, much brighter than the "projector" bulb.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture278-1.jpg
got the new fuel pump in...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture273-1.jpg
old fuel pump tucked away in the frame..
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture274-1.jpg
old fuel pump, apparantley it's a Carter.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture275-1.jpg
new fuel pump, procomp 14psi
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture272-2.jpg
the procomp pump had 2 springs, 1 for 14 psi and 1 for 7psi, i installed it w/ the 7psi spring and still wasn't getting fuel pressure. (the old pump may have still been good) so, i put the fuel psi gauge right behind the pump, got 13psi, put it under the hood before the regulator and got 0psi...soo...i figured my fuel filter or the lines were plugged, so i blew them out with 120psi air to clear them out...hooked everything up...got 13psi at the regulator so i was glad...let it sit there, slowly...slowly it dropped down to 5 psi ???? no idea wtf is going on, the only thing i can figure now is that it's not able to suck from the gas tank like it should, but when i undo the fuel line going into the pump, it leaks all over the place, so i don't have any restrictions there...i'll figure it out sooner or later, im tempted to drop the entire fuel line and rerun it w/ 3/8" stainless tubing.

SPR
01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
new head lights look a TON better! veryy nice.

stang_racer
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
yea i have to agree with spr, i think the old ones looked fine but these go better with the signal lights right beside the headlights! loven the steering wheel too, and i see what you mean now on how it "clashed" with the rest of your interior. also like the red brakes, i heard a wise saying once and that is "never mess with a man when hes got painted brakes, cause you know he cares for his car!"

TheB1GDude
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
New head lights look sweet dude.... my only comment and I'm sorry to keep doing this to you :) would be to tint them and the side lights a little, not full black or anything just a light coat with some spray tint to dull them a little....

Sucks about the fuel pump, sounds like you might have a whole in one of your lines, switch it out for some braided hoses....

suicide_star
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
i insptected every inch of fuel line on the truck, it's all brand new w/ no holes, and it would be hard not to find a leak w/ 14psi squirting out =P i wouldnt mind tinting the lights in the front, i wanna see what it all looks like w/ the black billet grille before i go further playing with the exterior styling, the only thing that deters me from doing that though is that these headlights are actually glass, not sure how well kandy smoke and clear would hold up on glass, especially being in front of the truck

NETC_redd
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
oh thank the lord...new headlights.

don't tint the lights, doesn't getting new lights to see in the dark offset the idea of spraying them?

as for the fuel problem, i have no clue. lines are good, pump is good, i would almost say it's a power problem not getting enough power to the pump, so sometimes it doesn't get full power and therefore full psi?

TheB1GDude
01-10-2009, 12:19 AM
The only reason I say to tint them is because you are getting that black billet grille, I think with that installed the lights are going to be to blingy as you don't have a whole lot of chrome on the outside, like I said don't go crazy with the tint just a few coats is my suggestion.... I do get what your saying on them being glass though so maybe its just best to leave them as is...

suicide_star
01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
*Copycats Texan*
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture282-1.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture282-1.flv)

ruh roh, iWin =P

the lights flickering is me playing w/ the brights, the red lights are little courtesy light bulbs just bright enough to light up the casing, they come on with the ignition, the H4 bulbs overpower them as if they aren't there when i kick the headlights on, works out well...changed out the gauge bulbs with red ones as well, i'll post pics when i get my dash panel back from paint.

xmodzracer
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
wow that thing looks and sounds amazing!

texan_idiot25
01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey, get pics of the read lights when it's evening out, see how BA it looks.

And way better than those ghetto *** lights :lol:

I've ordered orange LEDs for the CST10s mini lights, hopefully they'll be more orange than amber. The amber peanut bulbs just look like dim horse and buggy lights, not orange.

suicide_star
01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
evening pics of running lights for Tex:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture288-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture286-1.jpg

I was playing around on ebay out of boredom and looked at everything they had for an 82-94 s10 blazer and came across an overhead console that looked pretty sweet; but, i didn't think they ever actually put them in hardbody blazers. i wound up researching it and found out that it came with the 94 (last year of the blazer's bodystyle) bravada and blazer w/ the tahoe trim package...sooooo...i picked it up...it's got 2 storage compartments, dome lighting, and a digital compass/thermometer.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/7b00_1.jpg

SPR
01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
heyy tahts pretty sweet! going to snow camo that as well?

texan_idiot25
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Those are with the LEDs? Much better than mine. But that's why I picked up teh 5 LED bulb :lol:

Good running lights.

The centerconsole was the optional one on the S10-Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. Came with the non sunroof equiped SUVs.. Though must'uve been after 94 that they added the driver's info center up there.

suicide_star
01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
nah Tex, those are regular peanut bulbs still...i didn't get my LEDs in yet...hopefully they serve the purpose for my gauges, otherwise i'll be getting the X5's also. i guess that console doesnt come with the driver info center, according to a few websites they say that it did? but i don't see an LCD screen on the console. the tan part of that thing is going to be painted Super Ghetto Snow Camo SPR, i'm leaving the grey bits.

texan_idiot25
01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
It must have been another option for the over head, but it was there. We have it on the GMC, though we have the mini one because of the sun roof:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/?action=view&current=mPGgmc.flv

Average speed, instant MPG, avg mpg, fuel range, temp and compass. Temp and Compass is all that you'd be able to use though, if you could find a thermometer for it.

suicide_star
01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
played around with the speaker box a bit more, all i did was cut out the holes and set up the recess for the amp powering the subs...here's a mock up...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture289-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture290-1.jpg
Bedliner...yummay
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture291-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture292-1.jpg

the part where the 6.5's are is going to fit directly between the fender wells while the front part which is housing the subs and wider is replacing the seats. the amp is going to be recessed as shown with tinted plexiglass covering, lit up with red strobes...another amp for the highs is going to be hidden under the amp rack, that area is also going to be used for wire junctions and terminations. originally i planned on covering this box with black vinyl, but i changed my mind and decided to wrap it w/ black carpet...it's easier to work with, covers more mistakes, and if it's good enough for my floor and tailgate cover, it's good enough for my speaker box =P

texan_idiot25
01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Your gonna need more NOS stickers to compensate for the extra weight. :lol:

clintr79
01-25-2009, 08:20 PM
That is a nice set up you have built so far but one question why did you choose those subs.

suicide_star
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
i need that extra weight Tex, too much engine and not enough ***...

Clint, a while back i had a car stereo business and one of the warehouses i dealt with told me they had these "Competition" subs from a new brand called Volfenhag. i got bored and decided to order a pair, had them for about 4 years now, they weigh around 36 lbs each, handle 1k watts max, 500 rms, and sound nice and tight in a sealed box. i like a bunch of metal, so i didnt want subs rattling my tailgate off, just something w/ a punch.

clintr79
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
That is a good explaniton i don't blame you just wondering it looks good though can't wait to see it completed.I used to build a bunch of stereo systems in my vehicles and friends.

suicide_star
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
decided on some new speakers for the blazer, wound up getting a set of soundstream tweeters, 4x6's and 2 pairs of 6.5's...ill get pics when they come in...if you guys are ever interested in working on your sound system, onlinecarstereo.com is the cheapest place around.

suicide_star
02-01-2009, 08:46 PM
heres what i have so far on the box...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture295-1.jpg
its going to remain all black carpet except for the box for the 6.5's, that's getting a piece of sheet metal airbrushed up.

the space in front of the amp (that little rectangle) is going to have a control panel with indicator lights for both of the amps, switches for both of the amps, the gain for my subs, and the area under that is going to be for my nitrous bottle. (yup Tex, bottle) The cabinets for the subs are 1.67 cu/ft of air space, lots for a 10 competition woofer.

suicide_star
02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
mock up of the box, awaiting the new speakers...the ones that are in there aren't staying there. also, keep in mind that the box is not done...im going to put some either painted or vinyl trim pieces on the faces of the box, so you won't see much carpet. also took a pic with the subs inverted, but im not doing that bc i have plenty enough airspace for a 10" woofer.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture296-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture297-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture298-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture299-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture300-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture303-1.jpg

xmodzracer
02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
holy @#$%... thats gonna sound alright... bet my crappy fourteen year old speakers with moth holes will beat it =Þ

TheB1GDude
02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Nothing like getting yourself a sweet engine and slowing it down with a sound system :) But I guess you solve that by adding spray.....

Good build dude!!

suicide_star
02-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Nothing like getting yourself a sweet engine and slowing it down with a sound system :) But I guess you solve that by adding spray.....

Good build dude!!

slowing it down??? i may actually hook up with the speakers in the back =P

xmodzracer
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
you have got to get a freakin video of this thing like now...

suicide_star
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Here are a few updates...
Overhead console:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture315.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture316-1.jpg
Soldered quick connects that went into the speakerbox:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture311-1.jpg
^^that ones for the 4 6.5s the woofers have their own. all speaker wires on the mids/highs are soldered to the speaker, no connectors =P
Some of the speakers came in:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture317-1.jpg
Crappy night time pics of the box sitting in the truck. (those aren't the subs staying in there and the permanent subs are going to be mounted with the basket in the box)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture322-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture321-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture320-1.jpg
lots more progress pics coming next weekend.

Donziikid
02-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Are you going to be painting the speaker faceplates (the spiders?)? I think they'd look pretty daym hott in red; the black just seems very bland for your setup. At least to me.

Awesome work and progress. That camo overhead panel is the bomb. The painter is doing very nice work. ;)

suicide_star
02-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Are you going to be painting the speaker faceplates (the spiders?)? I think they'd look pretty daym hott in red; the black just seems very bland for your setup. At least to me.

Awesome work and progress. That camo overhead panel is the bomb. The painter is doing very nice work. ;)

funny that you say that, because i was toying with that idea earlier today. either red or white. when i finish up the trim panels for the box i'll stand back, take a look at it and figure something out.

Donziikid
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
funny that you say that, because i was toying with that idea earlier today. either red or white. when i finish up the trim panels for the box i'll stand back, take a look at it and figure something out.

I'd say red, that way it'll match your Volfenhag subwoofers. I think a snow camo spider would look a little... odd? Lol.

supraboi97
02-15-2009, 11:06 PM
That over head console came out good and i agree with donzikid i think the red would look good. But thats my opinion go with what you like better.

suicide_star
02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
updates...bolted the box into the truck, got it wired up...sounds good, tuned the amps EQs to the mortal kombat soundtrack LOL...anyways...still have a lot of cleaning up to do on the wiring, those subs are temporary, getting replaced with soundstream subs. the side pieces with the little aluminum tweeters are going to have neons attached to them along with a sheet metal layover with kandy red truflames painted on them to set it off a bit...also the speaker grilles w/ the spiders are going to be painted anodized red, the same color as that wire loom. that capacitor is also temporary, i have a new soundstream 2.0 farad cap in the mail somewheres....bout 3/4 of the way done with the box...in the last pic, the piece with the switch is the panel with the 2 indicator lights for the amps and the safety switch for the nitrous bottle solenoid. i'm probably going to have another switch in there to cut off the subs and the neons. anyways, here's the pics.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture323-1.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture323-1.flv)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture324-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture326.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture325-1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture328.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture329.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture331.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture330.jpg

TheB1GDude
02-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Very nice dude!! Looks really clean and almost factory :) Definitely have to get rid of all the wires going to the cap though....

If we lived closer to each other I'd definitely have you do an install for me :)

Donziikid
02-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Lookin' awesome, Suicide! :cool:

suicide_star
02-21-2009, 08:37 PM
thanks guys, it'll come together when it's finished...the crappy part is that you won't even be able to see half of it when the seats are back in lol

clintr79
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks real good wish i lived a little closer to go for a ride in it.

suicide_star
02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
and finally...the exterior is completed...possibly the world's first black billet grille...??

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture346.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture347.jpg

texan_idiot25
02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
bad fuggin ***

suicide_star
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture356-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture353-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture355-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture360.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture351.jpg

Donziikid
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
That is one mean looking S10 Blazer! A burnout video is a must. ;)

Cheers,
Kyle.

meme405
02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Those woofers must hit hard... comparable to 2-10's?

suicide_star
02-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Those woofers must hit hard... comparable to 2-10's?

they are 2 10's

suicide_star
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
well...i had an epiphany...
i've decided that i don't want any woofers, especially not in the center of the truck...sooo...the box got RIPPED out muahahha.
anyways, we're glassing the kick panels for one pair of 6.5's, glassing a piece behind the seats for 2 6.5's and glassing some boxes at the very rear for 2 6x9s...all of this is going to be ran off a four channel amp and an EQ. the project for the weekend is dynomatting the interior, i got the side walls and tailgate almost completed with 50mil FATMAT and there's 80mil COOLIT on the floors already.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture389-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture390-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture391.jpg

zippo855
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
looking good man. all the work you did on the box though. o well, you'll mkae this come together even better. Cant wait to see some more progress pics

xmodzracer
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
why the change of brain thought?

suicide_star
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
why the change of brain thought?

Mainly because the speakers were all up in my ears and Alice in Chains sounds like crap on subwoofers...i really don't need woofers for the music i listen to...i was going to try and rig it out for SPL comps, but that's retarded...every now and again i have really, really bad ideas...that big *** speaker box was one of em...but what i'm doing to it is going to look and sound much better.

TheB1GDude
03-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Plus you'll get all that room back for when you go buy groceries :)

texan_idiot25
03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
What are groceries?

okoye
03-07-2009, 10:13 PM
hot women

suicide_star
03-07-2009, 10:59 PM
What are groceries?

by groceries, i think he means starbucks

clintr79
03-08-2009, 12:22 AM
To be honest with you if the subwoofer system is set up right it does not matter what you listen it will sound great.I used to enter stereo comps.Back in the day and i liston to everything.In my fiero i have a sub and i have been listining to hollywood undead and it sounds great.if i throw in some linkin park or eminem with a few minor adjustments souds great.

AJB32690
03-08-2009, 07:08 AM
No subwoofers :cry: ?

Ever since I installed the subs in my car, I have not been able to listen to Avenged Sevenfold any other way.

But you probably know more than I do about that kind of stuff.

Oh, and I think you mean starsucks.

Real coffee drinkers prefer Dunkin Donuts. :p

suicide_star
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
ZOMG AJB...im gonna hurt you! i <3 starbucks...we don't have dunkin donuts here, people tell me it's much better than starbucks, but unfortunately...we're deprived. Clint, i'm going to attempt to get the sound i'm looking for out of the 6x9's in the rear, if i'm not happy i'm going to add 1 8" or 10" woofer. in all honesty, i was an idiot for putting them right behind the front seats, i was trying to save space in the cargo area, but i can do a better job than that; and of course linkin park, hollywood undead, and eminem sound good on subs =P but what about buckethead, marilyn manson, and old metallica.

clintr79
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
ZOMG AJB...im gonna hurt you! i <3 starbucks...we don't have dunkin donuts here, people tell me it's much better than starbucks, but unfortunately...we're deprived. Clint, i'm going to attempt to get the sound i'm looking for out of the 6x9's in the rear, if i'm not happy i'm going to add 1 8" or 10" woofer. in all honesty, i was an idiot for putting them right behind the front seats, i was trying to save space in the cargo area, but i can do a better job than that; and of course linkin park, hollywood undead, and eminem sound good on subs =P but what about buckethead, marilyn manson, and old metallica.

I changed out my 10"mtx for a 8"rockford and it is a big differance.I can play almost anything and it sounds great.It does not have the big bass sound like the 10" but the sound is so much better.I f where you i would go with 2 8" instead of the 6x9

suicide_star
03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I changed out my 10"mtx for a 8"rockford and it is a big differance.I can play almost anything and it sounds great.It does not have the big bass sound like the 10" but the sound is so much better.I f where you i would go with 2 8" instead of the 6x9

well, give me your opinion..i have 2 4x6's in the dash..putting the 6.5s in the kick panels, and putting 6.5's behind the front seats, is there any reason for more highs/mids in the rear? i also have a set of tweeter going on the windshield bezels and another set going behind the front seats... i was looking at an 8" MA audio woofer that only needs .65cuft in a sealed enclosure

clintr79
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
The rockford sub that i used takes only 0.2-0.3 cubic feet for a sealed box.That is why i went with it.If no one sits in the back then no you don't need anymore highs or midbase back there just add a couple of subs.I once had a 96 mustang 6 12 "subs in the trunk and 2 componet sets in the front.Nothing in the back for highs

suicide_star
03-08-2009, 08:54 PM
ok clint...i took your advice man. no 6x9's. i ordered a kicker CVR 8" woofer thats going at the rear passenger side behind the fender well in a ported enclosure...the sub is going to be angled 45 degrees facing the tail gate. behind the other fender well is going to be an amp rack for a 300W class D mono alpine amp and the capacitor. here are some pics of the finished fatmat job...lots of work, but when i shut the doors, i hear nothing =P

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture393.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture394.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture396.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture397.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture395.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture399.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture401.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture400.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture402.jpg
view from the front...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture403.jpg
and..this is where the 8" woofer's enclosure is going..
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture398.jpg

texan_idiot25
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Now how are you going to hear the rice boys next to you revving to challenge, or the ppl asking what sort of exhaust your running on your 4.3?

TheB1GDude
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow that's a ton of dynamat how much did that set you back? Hope it won't quiet the engine noise to much...

suicide_star
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
$140 shipped for all that mat, the roller and a free razor. the stuff on the floors is sold through Jegg's and is expensive as hell, but the original owner paid for that

suicide_star
03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
putting the front of the interior back together...it looks messy atm, but the gauge panels are back in..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture414.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture415.jpg

pics of the panels before install

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture407.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture408.jpg
yes, yes...there is camo on the panel for the speedo/tach...it's scorched though, look closely =P
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture413.jpg

supraboi97
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Those panels look pretty cool and go good with the rest of the interior. Did you paint that because that paint looks amazing.

redrunner07
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
nice

noturday
03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
^really? thats all ur gonna say?

those dash panels look amazing man, gotta love the flames and skulls, and the SS emblem fits right at home on this truck. i love how the gauges by the steering wheel are eyes for one skull. is that a barcode on that other skull tho? ...dang store-bought skulls haha (thats why that one looks depressed lol)

suicide_star
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
my brother-in-law, Iceman, painted any airbrush work i have. we're currently also working on and entire new sound system setup that's going to wind up being badass. i'll get a pic of my gauges lit up red tonite, the stereo to the far right is going to be replaced with a sound stream in-dash monitor and if you're wondering why the cd player is all the way over there (as i've wondered when i bought the truck) it's because right above it are the dogged off a/c ducts and there was really no other room to put it besides where the glove compartment was, i can pull out the ducts but i'm too **** lazy, that i have works out well enough, that's what remote controls were made for =P i've yet to put in the overhead console, but that's getting done soon...i have a show at the end of this month i'd like to have most of my stuff completed for and another show at the end of next month. thanks for the feedback guys. (and that is a barcode on his head noturday lol, Ice loves throwing barcodes on stuff for some reason)

l

noturday
03-14-2009, 11:13 PM
oh ok, i thought thats what it looked like, i guess thats kinda his signature on his work? it really does look great though, and stereo remotes FTW haha, i actually need to get a new battery for mine tho....oh well. i cant wait to see it with the overhead console in, its coming together nicely, keep it up.

wish i had the $ to spend on my truck like this, newest upgrade for the Av was some blueish amber bulbs up front for $10 hahaha. i'm cutting the stock grille out from behind the speed grille this week though :D slowly but surely, i will build up the Av

clintr79
03-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Those panels look sick inside the truck he did a great job on them.I can't wait to see the new stereo setup.What going to be all in the system.

suicide_star
03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
here's some pics of the gauges at night, they're brighter than what the camera could capture..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture416.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture417.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture418.jpg

here's the almost finished product of the woofer enclosure for the 8" kicker CVR, it's going to be painted black with truflames and a big SS in camo on it. it's almost ready for primer and paint. (it fits behind the passenger side fender well.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture424.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture425.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture423.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture426.jpg

here are the pods for the rear 6.5" speakers, they're facing the front of the truck and are getting glassed into the side wall in front of the fender wells...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture421.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture419.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture420.jpg
those panels are just going to be covered in black carpet.

here's the driver's side kick panel ready for glass...it's set up for a 6.5 and a tweeter. i didn't get a chance to take a pic of the pass side one, it looks pretty much the same, and the driver's side looks like *** right bow because we're just roughing it in...but here's the pic
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture422.jpg

so...total
2 4x6 soundstream 2ways in the dash
2 soundstream tweeters on the windshield pillars
2 soundstream tweeters in the kick panels
2 soundstream 6.5" 3ways in the kick panels
2 soundstream 6.5" 3ways in the back walls
1 kicker cvr 2ohm DVC woofer
1 alpine 350w mono class D amp
1 soundstream 2.0 farad capacitor
1 soundstorm (may get replaced with soundstream) 4 channel 200w amp

supraboi97
03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I like the skull that was drawn on the windshield. Wow that is going to be alot of speakers going in but I guess if theres room for it why not.

suicide_star
03-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I like the skull that was drawn on the windshield. Wow that is going to be alot of speakers going in but I guess if theres room for it why not.

well, it's actually not going to take up much of any room, that was the point of reconfiguring the system, to integrate everything so it looked stock and was tucked away.

clintr79
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
That system is so much better good job can't wait to see it all complete.Should have a good sound i used to be into as much bass as possible,but then changed for more of a better sound.

Sweed
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Any tips on getting the carpet to fit good on the panels?
I like it!

suicide_star
03-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Any tips on getting the carpet to fit good on the panels?
I like it!

the amp rack and subwoofer box are actually going to be painted, the kicks are easy to do...all you do is spread on some contact cement with a paint brush and press the carpet down around the speaker ring, then work it outwords, if you wind up with any wrinkles or overlaps you can cut them and match up the seams, you can't really tell there's a seam there if you do it correctly. the two pieces behind the seats are going to be a *****, mainly because the roll of carpet is only about 4 ft tall and i need it to be about 6.

suicide_star
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
front floor lighting video and some of the sound system mocked up (letting the primer cure)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture430.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture430.flv)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture427.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture428.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture429.jpg

xmodzracer
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
very very smexy man. i love your quality of work.

clintr79
03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Good job that looks so much better than the system before keep up the good work.

suicide_star
03-22-2009, 09:24 PM
*yawn*

im tired, here's progress pics for the day...the subwoofer box isn't complete yet, those are just background graphics.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture431.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture432.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture433.jpg
here are the kicks, yes...i know the inside of the truck is dirty, but progress ain't purdy...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture434.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture435.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture436.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture437.jpg
hardbody s10s don't have much room at all for kick panels, so we had to make them fit as closely as possible. my carpet job isn't great b/c i had "backed" carpet and it didn't stretch, but it looks good enough for something called a "kick panel" yanno?
here's the thingie that hangs from my rear view mirror, it's cool. it's made just like a rosary, cept there's skulls where the christian stuff would be.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture438.jpg
and, here's a really short vid of some vroom..turn your bass up
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture439.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture439.flv)

thnx for looking.

clintr79
03-22-2009, 09:29 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEET Whoever did that did a great job so far you did a good job on the box also keep up the great work.

texan_idiot25
03-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Teh awezomness!

Your back lighting the spiders right?

suicide_star
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
i apologize for the dirty floor, but here's a video of my front channels hooked up...still have to put in and hook up the rear channels and the subs

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/th_Picture442.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/?action=view&current=Picture442.flv)

demon eyes...spoooky.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture440.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture441.jpg

FloydfanYodaman
03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
sweet...that crystal cd is essential with a slammin system...it is turning out to be quite the sick truck...as if it wasnt sick enough when you got it

texan_idiot25
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
demon eyes...spoooky.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture440.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture441.jpg
Aren't we speshul?
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/CST10/DSCN0587.jpg

suicide_star
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
yes we are...epileptics...watch out.

noturday
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
dang...now i feel left out...time to get me some lights in my headlights hahaha

its lookin great man, better and better with every update, i wish i had an amazing project like this to work on...maybe someday

suicide_star
03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
so...lets get rid of those smoked ricey looking tail lights, mmkay?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture476.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture477.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture478.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture479.jpg

and...
let's throw some of these on the back while we're at it

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/et_street_radial_a.jpg
(mickey thompson street drag raidials, in the mail)
also ordered a driveshaft loop protector, just in case my Ujoints fail me, and i have some traction bars for it, but the truck sits too low and the traction bars only clear the ground by about 1.5"...so, we'll see.

texan_idiot25
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
doh, while talking tire sizes, we shoulda figured going taller would have solved the traction bar problem lol!

Or, get rid of drop blocks and get lower leafs, raising up the traction bars more.

suicide_star
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
getting rid of the drop blocks is looking really good right now.

suicide_star
04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
guess what came in!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture490.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture492.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture491.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture489.jpg

=)

texan_idiot25
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I have bigger rubbers.

TheB1GDude
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh yessssss.... you got the Mickey Thompson's....

It was only yesterday that I wondered to myself if you ever ordered them.... they are so sick!!

suicide_star
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I have bigger rubbers.

yeah, but everything's bigger in Texas. (the girls i saw in DeerPark confirmed this)

texan_idiot25
04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
And they come in pairs!

http://www.humorpass.com/media/Pictures/hot-cowboy-cheerleader.jpg

suicide_star
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
see that expression on her face Tex? she saw me with my pants down and got excited.

i personally want one of these...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Pic1343.jpg

seriously, i think she's hawt.

Tmaxxn3
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
OHHAHAHAHA! NICE tex

texan_idiot25
04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost looks like she's laughing at it.

Gimme a S, Gimme a M, Gimme a A, gimme a L, and give me another L!!!

What's that spell?

SMALL!

suicide_star
04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Small? we're talking about me here, not Sweed.

TheB1GDude
04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I heard Texas was rebranding to....

"Everythings lamer in Texas..."

http://www.biggletech.com/stuff/forumpics/lame.jpg

xmodzracer
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
how fast have you gone in this beast???

greekone
04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
see that expression on her face Tex? she saw me with my pants down and got excited.

i personally want one of these...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Pic1343.jpg

seriously, i think she's hawt.

Great, the nightmares are back.:uhoh:

suicide_star
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
how fast have you gone in this beast???

138mph so far, i need to find a place i can open it up without going to jail.

why you hatin' on my dream girl greekone? :p

texan_idiot25
04-02-2009, 10:08 PM
She looks possessed....

KITT222
04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I heard Texas was rebranding to....

"Everythings lamer in Texas..."

http://www.biggletech.com/stuff/forumpics/lame.jpg

is that a shot at Knight Rider? lol!

That is one awsome Blazer!! you could try it out at a dragstrip on other super SUVs! the stripes, color, and rear bumper give it a nice look! But the brake lights look too small/low. regardless it looks nice!

suicide_star
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
lol, how do the brake lights look too low? they match up with the body line...i can't go topspeed at the drag strip. i need a big open road.

bondo
04-02-2009, 10:24 PM

because she looks like a BratZ version of morgan lander.......... cute but scary as all hell at the same time.

KITT222
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
lol, how do the brake lights look too low? they match up with the body line...i can't go topspeed at the drag strip. i need a big open road.

IDK. the brake lamps just look low to me. I guess it's because my dad has a truck with a 6" lift, and the brake lamps are on the top of the taillamps.

suicide_star
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
wtf...that chick is a lot cuter than morgan lander :o morgan almost looks like a shemale. (i think otep actually IS a shemale)

texan_idiot25
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
That Otep chick better looking than that devil-she-beast above.

http://www.femmusic.com/Reviews/images/photos/Otep%20Interview0037/Otep%200010.JPG

acc8HrxzXW0

suicide_star
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
they're so sticky, they pick up rocks and cigarette butts...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture493.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture495.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture494.jpg
umm yea...i had an audience when i did this...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture496.jpg

TheB1GDude
04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
So exactly how street legal are those tires??

greekone
04-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Cause she scares the **** out of me! lol

suicide_star
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Quoted from Mickey Thompson's site:

"Mickey Thompson's legendary race tire technology comes to the street with the ET Street Radial. Built using the latest in high tech radial construction techniques and years of drag racing experience and compound development, this D.O.T. approved street legal drag radial will get your car down the track in record time and drive you home with sure handling and an excellent ride.

Soft Compound For Superior Traction On The Drag Strip
Radial Construction for Excellent Ride Control on the Street
Low Void, Directional Tread for Maximum Dry Traction
Special Sidewall Construction for Quick Launches. "

Donziikid
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
You had an audience yet no video?!

suicide_star
04-03-2009, 04:51 PM
You had an audience yet no video?!

haha, the audience was crackhead ricer kids the next street over. don't worry...many videos coming reallll soon.

firebird999
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
i was thinking the same thing. and nice tires. eww, if you hit a squirrel it's bones will stick, and... ew.

Lucky7
04-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Those tires can't have a high wear factor. If the Blazer is used as a daily driver they are going to wear out fast.

suicide_star
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
my daily drivers are an 08 civic SI and an 07 silverado

XMDrifter
04-04-2009, 07:10 PM
love the s10
though those mickey thompson drag radials aren't the stickiest street legal tires i've heard...

texan_idiot25
04-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Their legal, but if it got wet you'd kill your self with them. There's one that's just a slick with some tiny slits cut into it, and it's the "Barely legal" one.

suicide_star
04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
these are really soft and sticky, i'm just ready to take it to the track in a hopefull attempt to pull the front wheels off the ground =)

2jack3jack
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
But why would you want it off the ground lol jk

supraboi97
04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
these are really soft and sticky, i'm just ready to take it to the track in a hopefull attempt to pull the front wheels off the ground =)

make sure you get that on video because that would be awesome to watch over and over again.

texan_idiot25
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
u need moar nawz tho

suicide_star
04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
i'll lend you my nawz so you can keep up :)

suicide_star
04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Weekend Progress:

sooo...i've had a bad fuel delivery issue that was making my throttle response horrible, and it even left me on side of the road a couple of times, i dropped the tank, there's no filter in there, just a pickup tube...but that pickup tube was really close to the bottom of the tank, so it could have been restricted when the pump was demanding more fuel....to try and remedy that, i made a new, longer pickup tube that sits parallel with the tank instead of perpendicular and i took out the stock fuel filter and replaced it with a glass filter...(behind the pump) i also added a glass filter right before the pump so i can see the goings on of my gasoline =P, here's a really crappy paint drawing for reference...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/gastanksetup.jpg

after i did all that, i changed out the belt...the belt it came with was a bit too long and had lots of slack in it, when the truck was running it looked sloppy, it got swapped out with a Dayco belt that's 1.5" shorter and really, really sticky. it had paper exhaust gaskets that leaked badly and sounded like ***, aside from that the flanges that bolt the headers to the exhaust were really loose too, i tightened up those flanges and i replaced the paper gaskets with Percy's Seal4Godo soft aluminum gaskets...no more exhaust leaks!

i took it out on the highway and dogged the crap out of it at a few redlights, the throttle response is 1000% better, it doesn't drag *** at all, i don't know what i did specifically, but something wound up fixing the problem.

Pics...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture497.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture498.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture500.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture501.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture502.jpg

2jack3jack
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
as borat would say "i like!!!!!!" i want to race you so bad im going to were you live you pick your poison the 58 vette or the 67 camaro. your blazer is awesome

suicide_star
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
as borat would say "i like!!!!!!" i want to race you so bad im going to were you live you pick your poison the 58 vette or the 67 camaro. your blazer is awesome

either or...no sense in burning gas in the blazer, i'll race you with the civic =P

2jack3jack
04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I declare war my camaro would eat that civic while my vette makes basterd babies with my cam aro at the same time lol

texan_idiot25
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
With the mythical 500hp 327 right?

2jack3jack
04-06-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't care if you don't believe me it just a forum. I believe somone is jealous

suicide_star
04-06-2009, 08:52 AM
who's jealous? if i wanted something that you had, i'd go buy it.

Lucky7
04-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I would just sit in the Blazer and listen to it idling. :)

One question. The rear wiper, is that the stock location? I am use to seeing the wiper sitting on the lower part of the rear glass.

suicide_star
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
that is the stock location, in fact...i didn't even know they ever came with rear windshield wipers on first gen blazers, i've seen maybe 2 other ones with it.

AJB32690
04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
With the mythical 500hp 327 right?

Haha, and the 281 in my Vic only has 400hp :cry:

Man SS, that truck is really coming together! Any idea what she would run in the quarter mile?

texan_idiot25
04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't care if you don't believe me it just a forum. I believe somone is jealous
Jealous of your words? Because that's all you've shown of these mythical cars. No proof of these being under your ownership, nor anything of their speed, much less even running.

suicide_star
04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Haha, and the 281 in my Vic only has 400hp :cry:

Man SS, that truck is really coming together! Any idea what she would run in the quarter mile?

anything in the 12's would suffice. i'm not sure what it'll do with the 3.42 rear end. at least it hooks up better now =)

2jack3jack
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Lol alright I can give you pics but I was not talking to you tex you come in here and try to start a fight anyways. Pick your poisan

AJB32690
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Lol alright I can give you pics but I was not talking to you tex you come in here and try to start a fight anyways. Pick your poisan

Dude, the only way anyone is going to believe your outrageous claims is if you did the bread and milk picture thing, and posted actual dyno/track times, with proof of course.

I could claim that I've got my hand-built supercharged 5.4L V8 already in my car, when truthfully, the block is still in the scrapyard and I haven't acquired any of the parts.

See what I mean? Either provide proof, or be flamed and be labeled as a liar, just like several other members that we have had here before.

And if you didn't care about what we think, then why do you keep bragging about these mythical cars that you may or may not own?

texan_idiot25
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I've got plenty of poison control.

suicide_star
04-07-2009, 04:40 PM
i chooz teh poisan ivey. et mak ma azs etch tho.

texan_idiot25
04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
i choos pozen suemat, day say it b dedly n shyt

XMDrifter
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
i choos poozen ohk. dat iz wut day say it all abowt

2jack3jack
04-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Tex why are you so mean to me wtf I tried to end the arguement and you keep agging it on. Is. It because I have two nice cars and if you want proof ill give you proof

dontspamme
04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Tex why are you so mean to me wtf I tried to end the arguement and you keep agging it on. Is. It because I have two nice cars and if you want proof ill give you proof

Everyone wants proof. Including me. So get some proof and post them up. I would love to see some classic rides with monster HP.

suicide_star
04-07-2009, 09:25 PM
tex is mean to everybody, it's because he's going through puberty and he's having a really to tough time with his bodily changes and whatnot.

2jack3jack
04-07-2009, 09:28 PM
ya i just posted the thread with proof and i really love your blazer

XMDrifter
04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
lots of people are mean to everybody.
just take it, and show them proof, then they'll stop talking trash 'bout you

the drag radials look like they've worn off that layer of dirt and cigarette butts

edit: just saw your proof. haven't seen anything like that in a while

texan_idiot25
04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Because I don't take internet BS liers. I highly doubt you own the Vette in your name (And if I remember right when you 1st came here you said it was your dad's), and the only proof of this 500HP 327 is a rusty old camaro? Or was it that you couldn't keep your story straight?

Trust me, I'm not jealous of the words you type in your post, because in the end that's all you've had to show.

I'm only mean if your full of crap. You made the choice to respond to my posts, and when you do, expect me to respond back.

suicide_star
04-11-2009, 12:32 AM
teezurr pikatur...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j265/rhodified/Picture517.jpg
more to come tomorrow, got late and couldn't clean it up and didn't have any good lighting!

firebird999
04-11-2009, 09:43 PM
whoa!!!! nice drill, dude!!!!!

and 2j3j, of course tex is mean. if he wasn't mean for about a week, it'd probably all come out at once at some poor 11 year old who does something small, like calling a supra a sopra. it's safer to the community if tex lets his anger out of everybody all the time. otherwise he might end up in the nut house. we don't want that, do we? actually, i'm sure a few of us do, but they don't count.

texan_idiot25
04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
No no, I'm not mean any more, I use =P and :lol:, just like SuicideStar.