PDA

View Full Version : Need back ground information on what parts are.

jimmythekid1
02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I read alot about "turbos" and MOSFET stacks. I don't know to mush about RC cars but in pretty good with real cars and the only one that appllies to them is turbo. I know XMODS have no exaught, so you can't spool up a turbo to boost you manifold pressure that is not their so what does all this mean? A link to terms a definitions would be nice.

BlackSky909
02-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Well when we ralte to turbo in xmods it is an extra 5,6,7 cell which we call turbo. And FETs are what the motor uses to pull power to the motor and when you have then stacked it allows you to get a better motor that pulls more current to the motor. And if you have a motor that pulls too much current on stock FETS the fets will fry.

jimmythekid1
02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
So do the fets step down the current draw by the motor so the the board does not recieve all the amps?

jpringlephoto
02-10-2005, 03:23 AM
A good trick allowed here is to open up your last reply and reuse it (edit) or delete double posts.

FETs are like the carburetor Venturi tube or the fuel injector nozzle. A better spray mist will heat up the gas quicker... Or if you prefer, it is like a higher amp rated circuit breaker. The really high quality wound rotors draw a greater amperage than the stock rotors and end up frying stock FETs.
You can also get a greater amp draw through using higher quality wiring both on the motor to board and battery lead to board. Your motor will enjoy the difference in (less) resistance.

jimmythekid1
02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
That don't compare as well as you think, and a higher winding motor should draw less amps, as well as a motor with more comutators will draw less amps and work cooler and draw less amps becouse the comutator to brush over lap is less.

A injector helps atomize the air fuel mixuture better a larger injector will not help much will out more fuel volume and pressure. It is the oxygen that creates heat. That is why if you are running to lean you can detonate a put a hole in your piston. Also injectors are on comutper controled cars and the injector pindle is controled buy the engine managment system, Also known as pulse width. The computer ruled emissions is always goning to try to keep a 14:1 mixture ratio.

I'm not even goning to touch carbs they are before my time.

viperdout
02-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Well when we ralte to turbo in xmods it is an extra 5,6,7 cell which we call turbo. And FETs are what the motor uses to pull power to the motor and when you have then stacked it allows you to get a better motor that pulls more current to the motor. And if you have a motor that pulls too much current on stock FETS the fets will fry.

The turboes he's talking about are the external fet boards Blacksky.

Jimmy, I'll try to put it into 1:1 terms. Imagine the electronics are the motor of the car, and the motor is a supercharger. Whne you install a hotter motor for more "boost", there's a certain point where the internals (fets in this case) can take no more and the motor blows. Swapping fets or turboes (slang for external fet boards) is like rebuilding a motor with forged internals so you can run plenty of boost. Hope that helps.

jimmythekid1
02-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Every things pretty clear to me now thanks.

YzakB4DDRG
02-18-2005, 11:02 PM
That don't compare as well as you think, and a higher winding motor should draw less amps, as well as a motor with more comutators will draw less amps and work cooler and draw less amps becouse the comutator to brush over lap is less.

A injector helps atomize the air fuel mixuture better a larger injector will not help much will out more fuel volume and pressure. It is the oxygen that creates heat. That is why if you are running to lean you can detonate a put a hole in your piston. Also injectors are on comutper controled cars and the injector pindle is controled buy the engine managment system, Also known as pulse width. The computer ruled emissions is always goning to try to keep a 14:1 mixture ratio.

I'm not even goning to touch carbs they are before my time.

Motors only have one commutator.... I wind motors myself... I know...

jimmythekid1
02-18-2005, 11:29 PM
not all motors i scope them I know...Fuel pumps for example 6,8, 12