PDA

View Full Version : Turns on for 1/2 second then no more Power

Evixor
02-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Hello my son came to me over the weekend with his car and when i turn on the remote then the car after about 1/2 second it shuts back off not the switch just no juice to anything. If i have a light kit plugged in I can see it light up then off. Anyone have any ideas i check out the boards and cannot see anything physically wrong but I am hoping someone out there has had this happen before.

Thanks,
John

SUPRA DUPRA
02-09-2005, 08:24 AM
what kinda motor your son runnin in his xmod and what kind of batteries is he usin? are they they recharghables? if not rechargable then yall should invest in some. after yall get em then test the car without the lights equipted onto the car. make sure theres a fresh 9volt in the controller before testin it. hmmm but yea thats my 2 cents. :nod:

Andy07
02-09-2005, 03:32 PM
it sounds like u could have a loose conection but i doubt it, if i were jus bring it back, get it exchanged and invest in some NIMH recarables or better yet lithiums ions! :nod:

Evixor
02-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Ok in his car is a stage 2 motor, light kit that wasn't plugged in at the time, and an upgrade in the springs. He is using NiMh battery's and yet they were fully charged I also tried standard batterys and same thing happens. There is no loose wire or anything else loose that i can find. I would return it but all he has left is the plastic box it came with. He also got a carrying case so he moved all he stuff over to that and got rid of the other stuff. I can change the car back to default but i am unsure if they will take it back they might he only got it on 2 feb for birthday.

Thanks for the help, I will try and return it.

Evixor

viperdout
02-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Very interesting. I'm stumped.

Edit: I think I know what it is. If you can post a pic of the bottom of the circuit board, I can see if what I think it is.

Evixor
02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I cannot ppost a pic for about another couple months, but I do have lots of electronics experience. So what do you think it is? I have check all the circuits and all the leads are good there is no rot or water marks on it, the car was running on a tennis court when it died. All legs of all caps, resistors and all else seem fine. I also tried to take it back to the shack but no receipt and the scraps on the bottom so the guy said no. It was a present so i don't have receipt and uncle that got it for him is on a cruise for the next 2 weeks so i cannot even find out what store he got it at. Well i haven't given up yet i am still checking out little things on the board and the wiring system. I have so far replaced all the battery wires and the ribbon cables on the car and next step is the board it self. I just don't have an o'scope anymore so that makes it a little harder.

Thanks
Evixor

viperdout
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I cannot ppost a pic for about another couple months, but I do have lots of electronics experience. So what do you think it is? I have check all the circuits and all the leads are good there is no rot or water marks on it, the car was running on a tennis court when it died. All legs of all caps, resistors and all else seem fine. I also tried to take it back to the shack but no receipt and the scraps on the bottom so the guy said no. It was a present so i don't have receipt and uncle that got it for him is on a cruise for the next 2 weeks so i cannot even find out what store he got it at. Well i haven't given up yet i am still checking out little things on the board and the wiring system. I have so far replaced all the battery wires and the ribbon cables on the car and next step is the board it self. I just don't have an o'scope anymore so that makes it a little harder.

Thanks
Evixor

Check out the thread Posting Pictures, and if you don't understand it, email me the pic at [email protected] . For some reason, I've found that there is a specific thing that fries that no one seems to notice on the bottom.

BlackSky909
02-12-2005, 12:18 AM
It sounds like your son's car just took a crap. It sounds like there is a broken circuit somewhere.

$$Chronic$$
02-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I got a hobby store by my house ill go check to see if they know anything about your sons problem.I think u should resolder everything.Or maybe u have a short circuit.Hope you get your Xmod fix :wink:

Lowlife88
02-16-2005, 09:44 PM
I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be a faulty remote. The kit was brand new. Radio shack swapped out the controller and it worked perfectly.

Evixor
02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Check out the thread Posting Pictures, and if you don't understand it, email me the pic at [email protected] . For some reason, I've found that there is a specific thing that fries that no one seems to notice on the bottom.

I cannot post a picture due to my camera is toast, IE gone fried lost water damaged gone, bit the big one, etc....... sorry but lost house due to hurricane and haven't gotten everything we lost yet. This car was purchased after storm so i am lost. Tried lots and still nothing might just give up on it and spare part usage it for other 2 cars. Thanks all for the try.

Evixor

[/u]