PDA

View Full Version : Venom Creeper 1/10 Rock Crawler

Stampedekid
10-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I just saw this on youtube because I am subscribed to Venom, the Site has no info...or at least I cannot see it but here's the link and vid.
http://www.venom-group.com/storeitems.asp?section=Land&cc=MODEL_ROCK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YAABOs_S4

Donziikid
10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Copying the Axial green? Bah..

Not much of a fan of Venom products. I know their batteries suck and I know not many people are fond of their 1:16th scale stuff; maybe this had a little more R&D put into it than their other products.. :shrug: It at least looks like it can crawl decently well.

Stampedekid
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Copying the Axial green? Bah..

Not much of a fan of Venom products. I know their batteries suck and I know not many people are fond of their 1:16th scale stuff; maybe this had a little more R&D put into it than their other products.. :shrug: It at least looks like it can crawl decently well.

Actually their batteries are quite good. Great for the EZ start and the Slash(its my friend's batt). Their planes are nice...the Micro Park Fighters, they fly like a dream.

Donziikid
10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Actually their batteries are quite good. Great for the EZ start and the Slash(its my friend's batt). Their planes are nice...the Micro Park Fighters, they fly like a dream.

Obviously your friend hasn't used anything but Venom in his Slash. Their discharge rate for even their highest quality cells barely matches that of mid-range cells by other companies. Being a Traxxas owner I'm surprised he doesn't know this; all they ever do over on Monster.Traxxas is boo Venom and their terrible cells. Can't blame them.. my 3600mAh by Venom is amung my least favorite to use, the only thing it beats in my bin is Sanyo.

Stampedekid
10-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Obviously your friend hasn't used anything but Venom in his Slash. Their discharge rate for even their highest quality cells barely matches that of mid-range cells by other companies. Being a Traxxas owner I'm surprised he doesn't know this; all they ever do over on Monster.Traxxas is boo Venom and their terrible cells. Can't blame them.. my 3600mAh by Venom is amung my least favorite to use, the only thing it beats in my bin is Sanyo.

No donzii, he doesn't have a Slash, I sometimes use it in my Slash. Ok from another forum, the ARTR Price is $229. Pretty good if you ask me.

Donziikid
10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
No donzii, he doesn't have a Slash, I sometimes use it in my Slash. Ok from another forum, the ARTR Price is $229. Pretty good if you ask me.

Ah, misinterpretation on my part. My bad. :blush:

ARTR for $229? Yeah, that ain't bad at all.

amorton94
10-31-2008, 11:11 PM
but isnt the axial scorpion $230 for artr and rtr?

Stampedekid
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Ah, misinterpretation on my part. My bad. :blush:

ARTR for $229? Yeah, that ain't bad at all.

Woops I had a misinterpretation too lol. Turns out thats the price for the kit.

AeroSynch
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
It looks a lot like the Axial though. At least the axle shape like the knuckles etc.
But remote locking differentials? How cool!

bosco72
11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
other way around.They copied venom.Venom been out longer and they were always green.Plus venom came out with the best on road bike for 225.00.plus the new truck has locking diffs.Copying the Axial green? Bah..

mustanglover
11-04-2008, 02:28 PM
i seen this in rc action, they where talking something about a island you can vist too?

Donziikid
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
other way around.They copied venom.Venom been out longer and they were always green.Plus venom came out with the best on road bike for 225.00.plus the new truck has locking diffs.

Although what I said was mainly I joke, I was a little surprised to see Venom use a green as their major attraction color, which is the same as Axial. However, color doesn't really matter as long as it's a good platform to start with.

bosco72
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
im with you i would have used a different color if i was venom.I guss green is a hot color in 2008.Even xmods kept the ugly green parts.Although what I said was mainly I joke, I was a little surprised to see Venom use a green as their major attraction color, which is the same as Axial. However, color doesn't really matter as long as it's a good platform to start with.

Stampedekid
11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Venom also uses Blue and Red parts(like different depending on the....yeah) if you look at the description.