PDA

View Full Version : FET Stacking

ThermoNuclear
02-07-2005, 07:25 AM
FET Stacking....

http://www.performancexmods.com/page/page/1233144.htm

This guy claims FET stacking is pointless. I was thinking about buying one of his FET's and stacking on the stock one.. Do the FET's have to be matched when you stack them or does it matter if they are a little different.. I would think they need to be matched to work properly.

Stage2 (red)
Wiring Upgrade (I used 18awg wire I already had)
Ball Bearings
Nimh (wallmart specials)
other trivial crap

jpringlephoto
02-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I purchased the very same ones but have not installed them as of yet.
I have also the X-1 Super Speed
I have yet to use it...

The FETs are like putting a higher amperage rated circuit breaker in your electrical box

viperdout
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I feel stacking is pointless because if you're drawing enough to need it, an external board is way more efficent.

jimmythekid1
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
So is the V2 from atomicmods like a piggy back board that can handle the extra currnet draw and not let the factory smoke out of the main board?

also are the fets the what sit in the dieletric grease on the body of the chassis.

viperdout
02-09-2005, 10:10 PM
So is the V2 from atomicmods like a piggy back board that can handle the extra currnet draw and not let the factory smoke out of the main board?

also are the fets the what sit in the dieletric grease on the body of the chassis.

Yep. The V2 is pretty cool in that it reads the output of the fets and sends out the same signal from what it looks like (can't see any other way for it to work).