PDA

View Full Version : Micro-T Question

taiwanesekid05
10-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I just bought a Micro T (Mucho divertido) and only have one question about it. Whenever I "rev" the motor to full RPMs, it seems to pour out smoke. Any reason why? Is it because my motor is beginning to break as many Micro-Ter's have complained about?

fieldfairy2
10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe it is straining/binding? Try this mod:
http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3867
helps runtimes too. Also check the pinon and spur gear mesh for now. Once you feel comfortable try to open the tranny and see if anything is wrong in there, last would be the motor.

Stampedekid
10-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Is it running LiPo or NiMh? Sometimes LiPo will fry the Motor

taiwanesekid05
10-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Entirely stock besides bearings, threaded axles, an DT tires and rims.

Something in the rear starting smoking after I changed the motor pinion. Could that be the problem?

Stampedekid
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Entirely stock besides bearings, threaded axles, an DT tires and rims.

Something in the rear starting smoking after I changed the motor pinion. Could that be the problem?

That could possibly be it. I never had this problem. Where is the smoke coming from? ESC? Motor.

reaper
10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
just one thing
take of the gear cover and try it again
sometimes when a new pinion is used it wont push fully onto the shaft and so it rubs on the cover
this can be cured by spinning the motor wile holding a small file on the end of the pinion to sand it down a little
also make sure the gear mesh is not to tight
hope that helps man :)

fieldfairy2
10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
That happened to me reaper i noticed the performance decrease before any smoke or something. The pinion gear is fine just it has a lip now. It was warm, so i can see smoke happening. Nice suggestion, never would have thought of that.

taiwanesekid05
10-12-2008, 05:37 PM
That could possibly be it. I never had this problem. Where is the smoke coming from? ESC? Motor.

The motor fo sho'. I just did it again and smoke only appears if it's going full RPM's.