PDA

View Full Version : want to get into crawling

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
well i want to get into crawling and i want something more than a xmod something more along the lines of a 1/18th or bigger and want to know what i should buy with a budget of 400 bucks, any suggestions will be great!

zippo855
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM
losi just came out with a crawler not to long ago, 1.18th for around 240. then you have the ax10 scropion. theres is lots of optiobs. seems like all the companies jumped on the crawling bandwagon.

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
well i know crawling is really starting to take off like wild fire at the local hobbie shop but... they all have wicked rigs like someof them have up to 800 bucks in their rigs and im like ok thats just dumb in my mind unless its like over a long time that one would do that, but this person did it all at once, anyways does the ax10 come in an rtr version at all or would i need to go buy the esc motor receiver radio ect. ect.?

HUMMER H4
10-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Radio and etc,Etc..If you look on Atomicmods.com that should help! I had one but it was to hard to main tain so i put it up.Btw you should talk to Aero Synch

zippo855
10-05-2008, 03:11 PM
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10rtr/

shows 3 different options, kit, artr and rtr.

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
ok i like the rtr but i dont see a price anywhere? can someone give me a ball park number for that, and is it gonna be under 400 bucks said and done?

BulletsRain
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Aerosynch told me you could make one for around 200ish. You should really ask him, since he has one of those trucks.

GearHeadV8
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
tower hobbies has it to a axial..ima buy 1 soon but it is artr u still need to build it but it comes with everything liek the remote..and it is orange

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 04:11 PM
the artr is almost ready to run and has no electronics so no remote not motor i think not positive on the motor, so its like a rolling chassie

kungpow420
10-05-2008, 04:57 PM
you can get the ax-10 rtr off of ebay for around $250 then you still have to get batteries and charger around $80 for a good charger and a battery the differences between the kit and the rtr are the rtr is rtr,the kit has alloy links, the rtr has a straight rear axle (means no steering componuts), the rtr also has heavy duty diff lockers(stronger than the ones the kit comes with also front diff is open when you get the truck) and plastic links and the bodies and wheels are different. hope this helps.
kyosho is also coming out with a 1/10 crawler but I dont know when.

AeroSynch
10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Get the Axial ARTR ($230), then buy electronics of your choice ($100?), and you are done. Unless you want to do more and make it scale like mine:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/AeroSynch/Project%20JK/CIMG1296.jpg

You can also get the new Losi Mini Rock Crawler that is RTR and comes with 2.4ghz gear. Just charge and go.

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 07:26 PM
ya i think im gonna go with the ax10 and go from there, i dont know what ax10 im gonna go with but its either gonna be the artr or the rtr, im more leaning to the artr just because then ill have a better undertanding on how it works, comeing from a bunch of savages i know its better to buy a ss model over a rtr because when it breaks you will know how to get to what broke and how to replace it. well thanks alot guys this has really helped! also aero, do you have any that you would wanna get rid of??? wink wink nudge nudge hahahahaha thanks again everyone!

AeroSynch
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
ya i think im gonna go with the ax10 and go from there, i dont know what ax10 im gonna go with but its either gonna be the artr or the rtr, im more leaning to the artr just because then ill have a better undertanding on how it works, comeing from a bunch of savages i know its better to buy a ss model over a rtr because when it breaks you will know how to get to what broke and how to replace it. well thanks alot guys this has really helped! also aero, do you have any that you would wanna get rid of??? wink wink nudge nudge hahahahaha thanks again everyone!

Sorry, I sold everything that I didn't need. :lol:

stang_racer
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM
**** ol well lol ill just have to buy new then hahahaha i would have bought something off you instead lol but ol well

zippo855
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM
my lhs has one for sale that they guy was getting ready to head to iraq and didnt wanna take it. 300 bucks, has a novak esc, jr remote, all put together. just no body.

kungpow420
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM

the artr is already assembled when you get it.