PDA

View Full Version : wifi help

mytitan
10-01-2008, 08:10 AM
im trying to get on my wifi on my brothers psp, i am using the auto setting, it searches for the ip adress, then says it timed out? how do i fix that?

TheB1GDude
10-01-2008, 09:26 AM
The auto setting isn't that good!

Try setting everything manually, you should only need a few bits of information, unique static IP, DNS server, etc which you should be able to find by doing an IPCONFIG / ALL at the command line on your PC.

If you can't figure it let us know and I'll charge mine and right some more detailed instructions.....

mytitan
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks, but wait where do i find the information for manual?

TheB1GDude
10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
When you go to setup the wireless there should be a list of types, one being manual, one being automatic....

Shallows
10-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok first up I have a question (I'm a gamer lets say and I have a PSP) Dose your WiFi Have a WAP Key (Password to get into Router). If it dose you will either need to now it yourself (or ask your dad or mum *sorry I dont exactly know what age you are*). All of the other information I.P Address etc can be found on your computer. If you have more trouble try calling your network your on (Vodafone etc) to help you get in.

And when it says it timed out it means that it is taking too long to connect this usually happens if you have a WAP Key on your Router. Using Auto Find/Search is only good when the router dose not have a WAP Key.

I do not think you can find out the WAP Key through the PC usually the Network tells you what it is and the password.

Hope I Helped
Shallows

TheB1GDude
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Think you mean WEP, i.e. Wired Equivalent Privacy, but yes that's a very good point, if enabled on your router then any device you attempt to connect to the wireless router will need to enter a passkey, that passkey is set by whoever takes care of the router......

kendallcschm
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
you dont need static ip your router is most likely DHCP enhanced meaning its a server that gives out ip addresses automatically... search for it... find its name or ip address and connect to it