PDA

View Full Version : zip zap mt mods?

amorton94
09-30-2008, 06:10 PM
i have a zip zap monster truck and i want to make it into a mini rock crawler. but i only know of the radioshack upgrades, so what all can i do to this to make it a good micro crawler?

xmodzracer
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
hahaha well power will be key but its so small that its really not worth it. if you are really serious try mounting wheels on a servo and mount a battery pack.

Donziikid
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
You'll want to check out the Bit/Zip sections of BitPimps.LixLink.com (http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/index.php). ;)

Cheers and good luck. I've always wanted to do a ZipZap crawler, but could never find a ZZMT anywhere.

amorton94
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
well i've have seen some custom zzmt's on youtube, custom everything basically, but i dont know half of what they did, or how they did it

Donziikid
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
well i've have seen some custom zzmt's on youtube, custom everything basically, but i dont know half of what they did, or how they did it

Follow the FAQ/Tutorials on BitPimps and it'll tell you exactly how to do some stuff (like the articulation tutorial). Other stuff you'll have to do on your own; but you could follow other peoples examples by reading their project threads.

But, since it's your custom ZipZap, maybe you can come up with things on your own. ;)

amorton94
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
thanks for your help, it seems that whenever i have a question, your always one of the first to answer it, but yah i might start drawing up some plans and fiddleing around with my mt

edit: went on that sight, found exactly what i needed, thanks alot donzii!