PDA

View Full Version : new questions

kendallcschm
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
question 1: my mustang makes grinding sounds when i try to drive backwards.. any ideas?

question 2: should i leave all wheel drive in my DRAG MUSTANG or should i take it out?

question 3: is there any way to water proof an xmod? i would like to water proof my titan for off roading :-P

DRFTKO
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
question 1: my mustang makes grinding sounds when i try to drive backwards.. any ideas?

question 2: should i leave all wheel drive in my DRAG MUSTANG or should i take it out?

question 3: is there any way to water proof an xmod? i would like to water proof my titan for off roading :-P

2. Take it out. You should find the best results by sticking with a rear-wheel drive setup for drag racing.

3. Use the search feature on this one, there is a few threads that pertain to this question.;)

kendallcschm
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
so ill take out AWD kit and what about the grinding sounds and water proofing.. im searching now.... didnt find anything... any one with any suggestions about water proofing?

another question: what do you think about a solar powered xmod?

pwned12355
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
sounds awsome try it i wanna see

GearHeadV8
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Water proofing already has a thread going.go search into it...solar xmod that im pretty sure has been covered. and has been found to be nearly impossible due to the power draw of a xmod. you would need alot of power to get goin. as far as the grinding..take it apart(the drive line) and reassemble it...my recommendation for water proofing is hot glue.

dontspamme
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
1. Check your gears and such, make sure screws are all there and nothing is slipping.
2. Your choice, if you want to be realistic, take it out.
3 and 4. Search button.

Btw, hot glue works, but you cant get if off. The FETs and such may overheat, since theres no ventilation [sp?].

One more thing,

TRY SEARCHING HARDER

kendallcschm
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
i got a nice solar panel and hot glue????? ok then i dont really understand what you mean by hot glue??

zippo855
09-28-2008, 08:14 PM
use hot glue on the baord and all the other electronics. it will seal the water out, but you risk heating your board up due to no ventilation.

solr powered xmods have been tried. but the amount of power required to make the xmod move, turn, all the other stuff makes it an unrealistic task.

Sweed
09-28-2008, 08:25 PM

1.) Check for binding in between gears. Get Derling/GPM Gears and full bearings, including the third gear (idler) bearings. Then it will do it less.

2.) Yes. In a high power car, RWD traction sucks. Lock your diffs while your at it....

3.) You can extend all the wiring and put the electronics in the bed of the truck (top) and then make some kind of box for them. You can then move the batteries up to were the board was. Raises the COG, but you should be safe.

biggie862005
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
quick search of the forum regarding question 3 got me:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12650&highlight=waterproof
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10044&highlight=waterproof
the search function works particularly well here:)

edit: idk why but the links look identical, but they are to two different threads.

kendallcschm
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
water proofing seems too difficult for me.. ill stick with an un-water proof truck :-P

lol and im using a hummer for the solar truck.. its my lightest car.. lol.... i wonder if i can make a battery/solar hybrid.. any ideas?

zippo855
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
water proofing seems too difficult for me.. ill stick with an un-water proof truck :-P

lol and im using a hummer for the solar truck.. its my lightest car.. lol.... i wonder if i can make a battery/solar hybrid.. any ideas?

the only thing about that is the car would drain the batteries quicker than the solar panel could recharge them. it might work, what are the specs on the solar panel as far as output voltage, mah etc. you could probably get a little more time out of and xmod with a solar panel, but then again the strain of the extra weight might negate any effects of the solar panel.

kendallcschm
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
i think ill buy a real fancy one and remove the batts and put it on pure solar power

imnotmikal
09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
i think ill buy a real fancy one and remove the batts and put it on pure solar power

Wow.
That's never going to happen.
Seriously, you're never going to do it.

Now prove me wrong.
:)

taiwanesekid05
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM

1) Make sure that the motor is installed correctly

2) If you want...

3) Put it in a fish bag, blow the bag up, then run your Xmods inside Finding Nemo style.

amorton94
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
wow chinesekid, for a second i thought you ment blow the xmod up, but i have no reason why :lol::lol:

BulletsRain
09-29-2008, 09:01 PM
LOL Chinese kid, #3 is just epic...

To get the get the solar panels to work you might need about 200 feet of extension cord, and a heat lamp. You attach them to a trailer, and then pull the trailer behind you drag car. Although....I'm sure this would slow you down, and I think batteries/lipo would be a lot better if you are going to be dragging. If it were me....I'd want my car to pull wheelies at the launch and then shoot down the straight. :nod: :lol:

kendallcschm
09-30-2008, 09:46 AM
lol solar power is for my crappy hummer lol would never run a drag car on solar power........ nice idea with the heat lamp :-P