PDA

View Full Version : Change, good or bad thing?

snowboi1289
09-21-2008, 01:54 AM
I was just thinking its time for a change. Its basicly the same old forum when I first came to the forum. I think we should get a new banner or skin or something. Its just gotten boring for some people. I understand the some people might be to lazy or they cant do to specific reasons or what not, also it may cost money.

Administrators and moderators, dont get mad at me for saying this(dont know why, but for some reason somebody might get mad). I just felt it might be worth posting, and I figured some elite members here might be getting bored with the style of the forum.

meme405
09-21-2008, 02:49 AM
I think this is one of the best designed forums and has one of the most intuitive layouts.

It just plain "works" and thats all you could ask in a forum. Would it really make a difference if they change the banner or the colour scheme? I mean how often do you even pay attention. Besides this is one scheme that doesnt have enemies, who actually hates the colour blue? Exactly no matter what other colour you change it to it wont have that mass appeal that the colour blue does...

snowboi1289
09-21-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm not saying this is a bad forum skin or something, its just people do get bored with it. I pay attention to this kinda stuff.

I think it would get more people to come and see the new layout or skin, and they might like it, if they do they might stay at the forum for a long time.

We get alot of newbies and noobs(no offence) that like this forum, but then dont like the forum layout or skin.

firebird999
09-21-2008, 09:18 AM
it would be cool to replace the blue with white and the white with red, but i agree with everyone else, this is a pretty good skin.

imnotmikal
09-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I feel that the whole white/blue is more of a welcoming/friendly color scheme.
Personally, my favorite colors are white/black/red, but that color scheme comes off as a more unwelcoming/evil scheme, and thats not what they're going for.

Also, the blue/white is quite easy on the eyes.

suicide_star
09-21-2008, 09:50 AM
I was just thinking its time for a change. Its basicly the same old forum when I first came to the forum. I think we should get a new banner or skin or something. Its just gotten boring for some people. I understand the some people might be to lazy or they cant do to specific reasons or what not, also it may cost money.

Administrators and moderators, dont get mad at me for saying this(dont know why, but for some reason somebody might get mad). I just felt it might be worth posting, and I figured some elite members here might be getting bored with the style of the forum.

we were thinking the same thing a while back and we've got a surprise for you pretty soon.

RedSXmodder
09-21-2008, 10:07 AM
we were thinking the same thing a while back andwe've got a surprise for you pretty soon.

;)

merc3des
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
A setting where you can choose the skin would be fantastic. I really think the blue and white is welcoming though, goth black is kinda not welcoming :lol:

65mustangrock
09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
maybe you should make a poll. change. yes? no?,then the only problem would be all the new kids screwing up the results. mabye only count advance members and up?

c1v1c
09-21-2008, 01:44 PM
maybe you guys should read the whole thread :roll:

we were thinking the same thing a while back and we've got a surprise for you pretty soon.

DrIfToRDIe
09-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't even really pay attention to the banner,unless I'm signing in. I like the blue and white or whatever the colors are because it's just simple and relaxing.

taiwanesekid05
09-21-2008, 03:03 PM

I don't like suprises. :(

Suprises are scary.

meme405
09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't like suprises. :(

Suprises are scary.

I agree, can we do the whole facebook thing and have a way to revert back to the old style if we dont like the new one...

Like i said these colours and layout are welcoming and the banner goes with the overall theme. So theres really no point of changing anything... So PLEASE leave it alone...

snowboi1289
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Yea I dont like surprises either. Driving along a straight highway, surprise car coming and ram you into the road sign, :nod:

torredo
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
i love this look!
keep it as is....

mytitan
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
its not a big deal if they change it, its still a good forum, even if they make it look bad, but they probaly wont.

snowboi1289
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm just saying, they might get more people if they change it up a lil' bit.

Everything is good now, but some people look for more than just a good member(some) forum, they also look for a good style forum.

DrIfToRDIe
09-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Leave the petty arguments and problems to Private Message, please. If we're going to discuss making a forum look better maybe our posts should look better as well. ;)

Donzii.

snowboi1289
09-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Leave the petty arguments and problems to Private Message, please. If we're going to discuss making a forum look better maybe our posts should look better as well. ;)

Donzii.

Donziikid
09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Nuh-uh. Not gunna happen. Leave the petty arguments and problems to Private Message, please. If we're going to discuss making a forum look better maybe our posts should look better as well. ;) Both of you take a chill pill before you make another post towards one-another.

DrIfToRDIe and snowboi1289's posts have been edited/deleted. Keep it on topic or don't post at all. Leave it up to the moderators to decide who's spamming or not.

Cheers,
Kyle.

snowboi1289
09-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes, and what you just said right there totally helps the situation.. :roll: Edited for a second time. Two strikes; if I edit a third time it'll be flaming and bashing.

Cheers,
Kyle.

I dont care if the forum changes or not. I'm not going to be around soon. I'm kinda getting outta the RC hobby for awhile. So I'm not worried about the way it looks to me, but as for new members still coming.

stang_racer
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll... i think there does need to be some change every now and then, like ive been here a year now and ive see some other forums that ive been apart of have changed their skins like 8 times, this forum never once. but the surpize idea... i like it, but as meme405 said a way to revert to the old skin would be pretty nice! lol im just getting tired of seeing that bland subbie all the time, and like really i think we can find a car with better gap line ups lol!

taiwanesekid05
09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll... i think there does need to be some change every now and then, like ive been here a year now and ive see some other forums that ive been apart of have changed their skins like 8 times, this forum never once. but the surpize idea...
*counoobforumzugh*! *cough*

Anyways, keeping it the same is like google keeping the same logo. If they went all crazy and made their homepage look like Yahoo!'s homepage, it would destroy the whole simplicity concept of Google. The simple white, blue, Subbie theme makes the entire forum non distracting, making the things people write and post more stand outy in a way whereas if we went and made everything psychedelic colors, it would make the background and everything else more attractive than the posts, making the posts seem a little less important. Remember, its about the posts, not the forum looks. Unless if its a pony. Then the pony is more important.