PDA

View Full Version : Dvd+r / Dvd-r

imnotmikal
09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Directed to computer "nerds" (no offense...)

What is the difference between DVD+R and DVD-R?

(Yeah, I know, wrong section, but I don't have time to wait for mod approval. We are going to radioshack in like 20 minutes and I need to know which kind I need)

P.S. - If it matters, I will be backing up movies on them. (All legal, of course...)

TheB1GDude
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM
To different standards developed by different companies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD%2BR

xmodificationer
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Google, its your friend.

GearHeadV8
09-14-2008, 05:57 PM
i believe dvd+r is either recordable and can be played on any dvd player but dvd-r can only be played on certain players.

sorry if it is wrong

taiwanesekid05
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
DVD+R and DVD-R are both recordable, but only once. DVD+RW and DVD-RW can record, but over and over again until the DVD fails for some odd reason. I'd personally go with DVD+R because my friend says it offers more protection humidity and temperature wise. Otherwise, they're essentially the same.

BART
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
(Yeah, I know, wrong section, but I don't have time to wait for mod approval. We are going to radioshack in like 20 minutes and I need to know which kind I need)

This is starting to be taken advantage of just a little too much, try not to ruin it for everyone (which is what will happen).

imnotmikal
09-14-2008, 08:44 PM
This is starting to be taken advantage of just a little too much, try not to ruin it for everyone (which is what will happen).

Yeah, sorry.
It was a one time thing for me.
I was in a hurry.

But now, we've gone.
I got DVD-R so yeah...
Should have gotten both.
They were on sale. Usually $27.99 for 50, on sale for $12.99.

Btw- I'm going to just close this, I don't need it anymore.