PDA

View Full Version : Lancer evo

L@ncer-evoracer
09-06-2008, 08:59 AM
ok i just got a new lancer evo and i want it to be the best of the best in looks and performance but i dont know where to start its all stock nothing done any ideas?:eyecraz:

merc3des
09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Hmm... if you want it to look cool get a bodykit.

Performance wise: get some lithium installed. Get a nice motor, stage 2, speedy 07. Some bearings and washers may help.

Check my services page if you want lithium (in my signature). My store carries the speedy.

Or go to atomicmods and get your stuff done. Radioshack upgrades dont go very far. Lithium double to triples your speed, and with a speedy 07 your car will be very fast.

Scionbeave
09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
1 of my lancers is on a gen1 chassis with liths,evo board,better wires,locked diff,radline torque motor,and a bk,and custom deepdish rims.use your imagination and if it fits your budget buy it.

XMDrifter
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
you can actually run a radline modified motor(just go to target. they have them) the radline(as i just found out as i'm rewinding one at the moment) has 54 turns. thats identical to the s2. as a bonus it costed me 10 bucks and it has an EGR style ball bearing motor can

dontspamme
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Start with RS upgrades. Bearings first. The wheel slop is just horrible. Then go and buy the other upgrades. But dont buy the Stage 2 upgrade, as its pretty much pointless. Except for the gears.

After you get a feel for the car, Learn how you can fix problems, and what you need to do to fix them. Then upgrade to aftermarket stuff. I would buy alloy dogbones and kunckles. Follow by that, upgrade your FETs [if you wish] and get a powerful motor. Get a feel for that, then replace the broken [if any] parts with some new alloy ones. Then go for Lipo. Thats pretty much it, but I'd go for the whole 90yards and buy the rest in alloy and some other stuff.

As for looking cool. A bodykit would start, and then rims, etc... It's your choice.

xmoracer0
09-06-2008, 10:37 PM
eh bro you should do it a nice red or silver

XMDrifter
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
basically take your time and practice driving it until you feel the finesse of xmod driving like its second nature.
then take your time to try to find inexpensive upgrades for your xmod.(don't go to ebay. much of the stuff is crap)
upgrade slowly and adapt to your mods. handling is what you should focus on because that's where xmods lack and only driver finesse can fix it.
find bargains on upgrades and such as much as possible(like instead of paying 16 bucks for a ball bearing motor can, buy from somewhere else for 10 bucks. or instead of getting ball bearings for a freaking 20 bucks with 8 bucks of shipping, get it for 16 bucks with 2 dollars of shipping)
just search EVERYWHERE for bargains.

HUMMER H4
09-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Make it look like the one off of Fast and the Furious 2!!

dontspamme
09-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Make it look like the one off of Fast and the Furious 2!!

Thats just wrong.

Adding to XMDirfter's post, Just the things from Chauhho[sp] are crap. Just stay away from someone like him, and you should be fine. And yes, look around for some deals. Those $2, $6 etc... can be saved up to buy an alloy part or something.

I might add something as well, since the painting stuff is brought up. Dont paint untill you practiced and know how-to paint. Coming down a bit harsh, but I just dont want to see a nice body like that get trashed.

XMDrifter
09-07-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah. if you really want to paint, buy several tokyo drift evo model kits and practive paining those. after you've apinted them, practice re-painting them(to learn how to mask windows and prep an already painted surface) use very light coats. i cannot stress that enough.

SkysTheLimit
09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
If you're looking for a nice single-color repaint, I can repaint it for you.
I do some quality work.
Can't guarantee that I can take it right away but when I have time, I'll take it up.

microdot
09-25-2008, 05:19 AM
you can actually run a radline modified motor(just go to target. they have them) the radline(as i just found out as i'm rewinding one at the moment) has 54 turns. thats identical to the s2. as a bonus it costed me 10 bucks and it has an EGR style ball bearing motor can

Where can I find this motor in target?

dontspamme
09-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Where can I find this motor in target?

Look around Target's toy section. But before you do, look up a picture on google and know exactly what your looking for.