PDA

View Full Version : Custom RC build up.

meme405
08-31-2008, 01:58 AM
I have had a Futaba TX and receiver with two servos and everything lying around forever.

The set is a Futaba FP 2GS set. The servos are Futaba FP s18. And the receiver is a FP R2G.

I decided instead of buying my new toy i would make use of this kit and attempt to build something. It obviously isnt going to an advanced piece of equipment. Hell until i get all the electronics worked out its just going to sit on a piece of door skin with for wheels and a crappy motor i grabbed off a Nikko toy car.

The car is going to be on road. and final models will be more advanced then what your about to witness unfold.

So far all i have are wires the TC kit, and my door skin. I'm also just going to use xmod wheels for now.

My problem starts here. the kit had two servos but how do i wire one up to be my throttle not a servo?

The kit is meant to work as a boat, plane, heli, or car. So how do i replace my servo with a throttle?

Donziikid
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I do not quite understand what you mean by "replace my servo with a throttle"? Could you please try explaining that another way so we could possibly help. Thanks. :)

noturday
09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
if you're going to make an electric rc you have to get an electronic speed control, a servo can not be used in it's place. your best bet would be finding a good used one fairly cheap, because new they can get pretty expensive. i have an extra one laying around here somewhere

meme405
10-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats the name i was looking for, a speed contol... I knew a servo could not be used, but i didnt no what the name of that part was. Chassis is made of sheet aluminum.

Batt packs are AAA right now... LIPO later...

im actually using xmod wheels on it right now, but ordering a bigger pair as i want some decent ground clearance...

AJB32690
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Actually, theres a thing called a mechanical speed controller. Its basically a servo attached to this thing that has electrical contacts on it, and when the servo moves it one way, it touches another contact and sends power to the motor, the more surface area of the two contacts is touching, the faster it goes. I have an old rc that has one of these, ill dig it out and take some pictures later in case this doesnt make sense.