PDA

View Full Version : XMSTube.

imnotmikal
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey guys, this is an idea I've been thinking about for quite awhile.

The idea:
A YouTube account for XMS.
Any xmodders on youtube that somehow still aren't here, can be brought here, as well as it would help members here.
Anyway, a member would make a video tutorial, and we would upload to the XMS account, and such.

How it would work:
If you guys would create a new secion for video tut submissions, people could make their vid, upload it to their own YT account, or their own fav video site (Veoh, whatever)
Then, they would make a thread in the submission section.
The staff (or me, I'd be up for the job) would watch the vid, and deem it "worthy" of the YT account.
Then, the member would be requested to upload their video to a file host (Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc) and then I (or any staffer that want to do, that have experience with video edited, like Texan) would download the original vid from the file source, edit any thing that needs it, slap a XMS Intro to (I'm playing around makin one in Vegas 7.0 Pro right now), and then slap an outro on it.
Then we could have the written directions in the "More Info" tab, along with a link to XMS, as well as a direct link to the actually written Tut.
Then, after it was successfully uploaded to the XMS account, the member would be requested to remove it from theres, but not required to.

Again, I would be more than happy to help with maintaining the account, and uploading some vids.

Anyone like?

If you chsoe to do a video tut, the original tut does NOT have to be your own, but you MUST give credit where it is due.
This wouldn't be limited to tuts though.
Reviews of RS upgrades, allyo parts, aftermarket motors, etc.

Also, a few ground rules.
No advertising personal sites, no advertising xmods stores except xmodsinternational, and no advertising other forums.

italy.1677
08-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I must say that is a good idea. With a bit of planning and work this would be awesome! :roll_eye:

imnotmikal
08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Here are some rough Intro/Outro images.

Intro:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/imnotmikal/XMSTube/Intro.png

After the intro, title of tut, video maker, tut author:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/imnotmikal/XMSTube/Title.png

Outro:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/imnotmikal/XMSTube/Outro.png

Also, if I could figure it out, have that XMSTube in the bottom right corner through out the actual video part of it.

BulletsRain
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
That indeed is a great idea I think. I will be happy if it happens.:D :nod:

Those are good intro messages too. :bigwink:

monsterhunter
08-30-2008, 12:24 AM
i have to agree. with a little planing an such this would be a great idea and could really help out people.

stang_racer
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
oh and right after the intro have the xmstube logo shrink away to the corner if possible

taiwanesekid05
08-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Good idea. But whose going to maintain it? If this is short term, that's a good idea. But, after some time, someone's going to have to maintain it, respond to comments, add videos, etc.

imnotmikal
08-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Good idea. But whose going to maintain it? If this is short term, that's a good idea. But, after some time, someone's going to have to maintain it, respond to comments, add videos, etc.

I said me :D
I'm completely up for the job.

meme405
08-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Do you know how to do the video editing? if not i could take care of that easily...

imnotmikal
08-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I know how to do the video editing...

texan_idiot25
08-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Why not just create a channel and add other's videos into said channel...

imnotmikal
08-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Uhm... because... their vids aren't going to have XMSTube written on it?
:lol:

Idk, I just thought this would a good thing to have.

merc3des
08-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Well its a brilliant idea. Just the process needs perfection. Lol its a great advertising scheme as well!