PDA

View Full Version : Dead spot

alanfujii
01-31-2005, 08:16 PM
I got my kids a couple of XMODS. We have been racing and I noticed that my son's car seems to have a problem with a "dead area" where he has no control of his car. My daughter's car has no problems and does not appear to have the same problem. I tried changing batteries in both the car and the transmitter. I didn't think much of it until we moved our racing to the garage (because of tire traction) and he had the same problem out there. Could there be a problem with his controller? Is this just something I can expect with the low cost of these units? Is this something that I can fix?

Finn
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
what do yu meen no control?

skylinedriver
01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
are they the same car? If so , you're gonna have to change the controller and car crystals in one of the cars. If they are different cars, (1) radio interferrence could be playing a major role in the lack of control in one (or both) cars. Unfortunally xmods run on a very common frequency used by CB radios. If you live near a high traffic area (i.e highways or interstates) or near busy shopping areas. The radios used by 18 wheelers and other delievery vehicles could be using a frequency very close to the xmod frequency.
(2)If you think that interferrence isn't a factor then the car could just be faulty. If no aftermarket upgrades besides the radio shack upgrades have been performed then I suggest just returning the entire starter kit and exchange it for a new one. I myself have run into faulty vehicles. It's not very common but it does happen.

Good Luck

jpringlephoto
01-31-2005, 11:21 PM
I raced three high speed XMODs on Sunday night on a Broadway stage.
The only thing on were the theatre lights and my Vette had the same issue only when I drove next to a forth person driving her Mustang. The mustang was using normal AAA batteries at channel (4). The Vette is on channel (9). Otherwise, I had no issues.

Sometimes I test my car underground and there are some spots that stop it from running, those areas have high magnetic wires around.

alanfujii
02-01-2005, 01:19 AM
I just went out to see if the problem still exists when there are no other cars running. I couldn't seem to duplicate the problem. My son's car is on #6 crystal and my daughter is on #9. I guess they could be interfering. It doesn't seem to affect her control. On his car he'll have an area that we can a dead spot where he can't get any movement from the car even if he approaches it. He has to move it out of the area to regain control. Is it just a matter of playing with other crystals?

BlackSky909
02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
They cannot interfer with different crystals. Try changing the batteries in the controller. If that doesnt work try to get a new contorler or try the car with ur daughters controller with ur sons crystals.

XspuXtXnikX
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I have one more thing you might try to notice. I had this come up with me while I was teaching my xmod class where we have anywhere from 4 to 6 cars going at the same time. I have noticed from observation that whenever there are multiple cars going if one persons controller antenna gets too close a car with a different frequency it will jam that cars signal somewhat and produce a dead state. I have learned that it is also best to not stand right next to each other while driving. Although the different frequencys allow multiple cars to race at the same time there still can be some interference if the controller gets too close to a car or other controller. Try that and see if it fixes it.

Finn
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
its like that near my house too

jpringlephoto
02-02-2005, 12:43 AM
The person was indeed too close to my car when it caught a dead spot...

mustang guy
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
where ever you and your family are racing these xmods there could be a computer, radio or other interference with the transmitter. i know this is true because i tried them at my school and there was a major interference around the school rooms because of computers.......