PDA

View Full Version : Another FNG saying "Hey"...

imstock
08-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a few days, reading and absorbing information. I am no virgin to electronics, but I am still learning the various terms thrown around here. Admittedly I am a little rusty.

Anyways, I have owned a Gen1 since they first came out several years ago, did the Spinbrush mod back in the day and it was an epic failure. It was slower then stock. I slapped on a third battery pack and it didn't make a difference. Threw the thing in a box and left it there until I moved about two weeks ago.

Now it's in a couple dozen pieces on my kitchen table along with a soldering iron, various pliers, and a mess of tiny screw drivers.

Anyways, I am looking around for information and leaning what I can. Eventually would like to swap out the motor for something from Atomic, but don't want to play with FETs and the like...

We'll see...

firebird999
08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
welcome to the forums! you'll find all the info you need here on just about anything. i've learned so much that in my year and a half here i've gone from a ricer to an all-out performance junkie. you'll be surprised.

texan_idiot25
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome back to xmodding..

Please take the time to review the rules and such... And don't do 100 posts in 5 days like some other new members :lol:

I'm a sarcastic smartass who jokes alot. And I like long walks on the beach.

Donziikid
08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
If you're not wanting/ready to play with FETs there are many members on here who would be able to do it for you as well as employees of AtomicMods. Of course this would cost you a slight fee, but you would have some of the best doing it for you.

Oh, and of course, welcome to Xmodsource.com. It's a pleasure to have another member come back into the hobby after a period of time. Glad you're still getting a kick out of these tiny RCs. :nod:

BulletsRain
08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Welcome :bigwink:

mustanglover
08-10-2008, 09:38 PM
And don't do 100 posts in 5 days like some other new members :lol:

:uhoh: scoter :uhoh:

jk

welcome to the forum, i learned tons of stuff from this site!
but if you need some replacement part for it look in the bst section (dont post in the bst until you have 50 posts) but just pm someone if you see something you want in there bst thread.

M0DEL
08-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Heyyy, and welcome!
Get to work on that thing again! :]

adamcrawls
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Welcome back to xmodding..
And don't do 100 posts in 5 days like some other new members :lol:

x2 ive been here a little over a year and i just got to an elite member, anyways have fun and enjoy

scoter
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
welcome to the site

tayyab
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
welcome to the site

speak of the devil, and the devil arrives :lol:

sorry man, i couldn't resist. it's just a joke. don't mind.

anyway, welcome man. nice to see you came back to xmods.

if you have any cars/trucks be sure to post them up here.

and don't be afraid to ask any question RELATED to this site, we are here to help you.

and BTW i'm the only xmodder from pakistan.:nod:

later T.I.M

taiwanesekid05
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Welcome.

First test. What's is an FET?

imstock
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome.

First test. What's is an FET?

Engrish?

A FET is in essence an electronic gate which impedes the flow of electricity through the grain terminal depending on the amount of voltage applied to the gate and source terminals. FETs always have four terminals, as opposed to BJTs which have three and are used for slightly different purposes. The fourth terminal on a FET is called the substrate. No I dont know what the last terminal does.

Did I pass? ;)

I enjoy learning.

texan_idiot25
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Engrish?

A FET is in essence an electronic gate which impedes the flow of electricity through the grain terminal depending on the amount of voltage applied to the gate and source terminals. FETs always have four terminals, as opposed to BJTs which have three and are used for slightly different purposes. The fourth terminal on a FET is called the substrate. No I dont know what the last terminal does.

Did I pass? ;)

I enjoy learning.

You win. Good to have a smart new member :lol:

taiwanesekid05
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I dunno... I never really knew what a FET was... So you pass! And my english's is fine.

imstock
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
What's is an FET?

Well, I noticed the compound word "What's" followed by a repetitive "is", which lead me into the juncture "an" where "a" would typically be found, but even though the acronym FET is used in common-place it still is an acronym there for the juncture "an" is correct.

Your right, I was merely overlooking the acronym. My bad.

texan_idiot25
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh crap, he knows proper English too.

We're boned.

imstock
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Nah, I am chill.

Not the grammar-nazi.

Been on to many forums in the past ten years to be a nit-picker.

taiwanesekid05
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, I noticed the compound word "What's" followed by a repetitive "is", which lead me into the juncture "an" where "a" would typically be found, but even though the acronym FET is used in common-place it still is an acronym there for the juncture "an" is correct.

It took me a bit to notice that I wrote "What's is"... and I didn't notice I wrote an before a acronym with a constant in the beginning...

I have a tendency to do that while I'm typing...

At least you have proper English unlike some n00bs....

color0
08-13-2008, 03:47 AM

Your right, I was merely overlooking the acronym. My bad.
This may be the most awesome post I've seen on this forum in a LONG time. You win. ;) Welcome to XMS. :)