PDA

View Full Version : converting to front wheel drive

g2teg05
01-30-2005, 11:26 AM
does anyone know if its possible to convert an xmod to front wheel drive? i havnt really lookd at my car yet so i dont no if it would be easy or not, if anyone knows how to do it let me know please.

NEWBIE22
01-30-2005, 12:20 PM
:uzi: :blowup: :dblfin: :afro: ya it is possible to convert it to fwd just get the rs 4 drive kit and remove the rear diff and the gear in the rear dab a little bit of glud on it so it doesnt fall of the drive shaft i no it works i tried it my self / dont use realy good glue like super cuz it wont come off and then you screwed

minesskylineracer
01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
you can just take out the part in the rear that your wheels sit on and put t6he stock front things on if u dont understand wut i mean (sorta low on detail) its the part in the rear u hav the dif then the cup joints then the bar that the wheels r on take that off and take the bar that the wheels sit on in the front and put them in the rear just keep the cup joints and dif in the rear and install a awd kit thats how i did my skyline 4 road racing and top speed

jpringlephoto
01-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Put a 4WD upgrade kit in the front.
open the rear Diff and take out the insides (three tiny gears and two flat plate gears).
Close the rear diff back up and put the car back together.
Now you have a clear cut front wheel drive car.

50mphcivic
02-27-2005, 04:31 AM
ok put in an AWD kit and take the rear differential completely out

jpringlephoto
02-27-2005, 05:19 AM
There is a little white diff in the original rear.
If you open it up, you will find three smaller gears.
The red diff that comes with the kit has bb's inside it.
It makes the rear slip so much that putting it in will not make for much power transfer use.
Essentially the 4Wd kit is front wheel priority...