PDA

View Full Version : Project Caravan

Shallows
07-25-2008, 04:57 AM
I said I would transfer some of my prjects that are in the works, This has been copied and pasted so it may look like im crazy enjoy guys :)

Ok just had the lightbuld apear above my head, I have not seen this done before but I am going to do it (looked to see if it had been done), I am going to make a Caravan with beds,tv the works its going to be awesome. Gonna start building it tonight the materials I will use are styrene (of course), plastic lol, fabrics, might try to wire a mp3 player as a tv type of thing(cheap one of trademe *NZ version of ebay not as big easier to get through though *) couch, you get the point this project is up for comments. It will be pulled my an exmod evo car still deciding on whatbody ill use *got some coming in through some trades with members* or ill just use one I have. Well thought I might post lol. Oh and if your wondering my other project is still in the works just waiting to get some cashflow and some clear weather.

Thanks Shallows

Ok Update time:
Got to work today I have constructed the base of the caravan using millimetre or 1.5 millimetre styrene.
I have also built a fridge: Will paint it silver or something shiny, today cause I have come to a fine day and it will not open because thats too much work the only things im going to have open on this caravan are windows and the door.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii92/Shallows/Fridge.png
A Dresser: Will Paint today as well it will be a light/dark brown and this colour will be through all the wooden parts in the caravan, decided not to use balsa wood on this because I ran out of balsa wood glue.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii92/Shallows/Dresser.png
And heres a little mock up with the base:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii92/Shallows/Mock.png
Next thing in mind to make is a microwave and a stove top, then comes bed, couch and tv. once i have done that i paint or build the pieces, fabricate them then I make the walls and roof of the caravan and paint it before I put everything all together. And I almost forgot gotta hinge the door and windows too. Then last of all add spinning wheels and a hitch so it can go onto the car.

Thanks Shallows

Yea the microwave is going to be on the wall not on a bench, and underneath it is the stovetop/oven and then beside that is the bench/sink and a maybe a dishwasher but most likely not because I think it would make it too cramped and Im trying to keep the caravan near the scale. Not to sure on the toliet lol but I could do a portaloo and make it follow behind another xmod lol. Lets just see what happens.

I have come to a standstill with making stuff atm because I have run out of styrene but I did get the microwave done will shows pictures later. Around saturday (friday for usa i think) I will buy some more so I think im going to be painting the bits I have done so far and make a bed n couch while I wait for the days to pass.

Thanks Shallows

Sorry guys if it may say some XMF peoples names or may seem like im going off track but remember its just copied and pasted.

Thanks Shallows