PDA

View Full Version : Xmods or Mini-Z

dcb76107
07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I was emailing Atomicmods and they suggested upgrading to Mini-Z cars.

Are the Xmods really going away? It is getting hard to find parts and starter kits for Xmods.

Is there other resources out there to get starter kits and parts?

What are the advantages to moving up to the Mini-z cars?

SUPERSHELBY
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM
xmods r comin out all new in the fall later this year and their harder 2 find parts cuz RS has removed the parts from the shelves and sent them back. AM has pretty much w/e ur lookin 4 when it comes 2 parts. and the advantages 2 upgradin 2 a mini-z is tat u have a waaay better drivin expierence with them. the mini-zs have a far better electronics than the xmods. mini-zs r pretty much hobby grade....idk alot about them..theres some1 else on here who could tell u more about mini-zs

Boost101
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Pros: Way better quality, hobby-grade, a wider selection of bodies, more parts are available.

Cons: More expensive.

Dark Knight
07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I was emailing Atomicmods and they suggested upgrading to Mini-Z cars.

Are the Xmods really going away? It is getting hard to find parts and starter kits for Xmods.

Is there other resources out there to get starter kits and parts?

What are the advantages to moving up to the Mini-z cars?

You live in fort worth? Cool, I live in Arlington.

XMDrifter
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
totally off topic dark knight.
anyways, the mini-z's go for about $100 for the readyset at hobby stores.
i'd prefer the Mr02, but the ma10 is much easier to switch to if you've driven xmods for a long time.
ma-10's cost anout 120-130 bucks, and if you don't really have that much to spend on mini-z's then you can stick with your xmods.
http://www.asiatees.com/
one of the places you can get cheap GPM while they still make it
anyways, it's up to if you have the budget and/or the patience to learn to drive rwd