PDA

View Full Version : XMS Unofficial Member Build Off "The Summer of 69's" Gallery Discussion

TheB1GDude
07-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Use this thread to discuss and comment on the entries for the XMS Unofficial Member Build Off.

bondo
07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
cool, thanks B1G!

so, am i the only one that's going to show off before the voting starts?;)

how do the rest of you guys(entrants/participants) feel about a prize?
if ya'll want to keep it fun and freindly with no prize then that's cool.

if ya'll want to add a little incentive then i can throw in $10.00 for the winner.
anybody else want to pitch in?
it would'nt have to be alot but just something to sweeten the deal:bigwink: $2 $5 $10 $20
just whatever you could come up with by august 25.

B1G's taking care of this buildoff so if he's cool with holding it then we should transfer it to him for safe keeping if we all decide on a cash prize.

TheB1GDude
07-21-2008, 09:47 AM
If you guys want to do money then thats fine with XMS - I can hold the cash for you if you like but my suggestion is that maybe you think about using something else other than cash, say for example you have a part, i.e. truck slammed wheels kit, why not throw that in instead - this is purely a suggestion and of course will only work if you all put something unique in as I'm certain no on wants 10 slammed rims kits!

Also let me know if you think the current deadline is going to be long enough, I don't want people who don't regularly enter comps to feel under pressure.... this is purely for fun so if more time is needed speak up now and I'll extend the deadlines.....

bondo
07-21-2008, 09:56 AM
i've got upgrades,BK's,shells and a few models that i probably wont build that i can offer.
my only problem with items is the fact that i have too much stuff as it is and IF i did win then i would be getting more stuff that i'll probably never use.
i think there's a couple of the other builders that are probably in the same boat but no one can argue with cash.:bigwink:

that's just my opinion though.

TheB1GDude
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
i've got upgrades,BK's,shells and a few models that i probably wont build that i can offer.
my only problem with items is the fact that i have too much stuff as it is and IF i did win then i would be getting more stuff that i'll probably never use.
i think there's a couple of the other builders that are probably in the same boat but no one can argue with cash.:bigwink:

that's just my opinion though.

Thats a good response Bondo I guess I should have thought of that! :) Well maybe if everyone who is a builder wants to throw in a couple of bucks we can get a prize fund going.....

xmodkidd33
07-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I doubt I'll be able to send anything in, my parents are really strict about that stuff.

aaronz350z
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
ill pitch in $5.00

Sweed
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I can throw in a Bumblebee/Barricade Weapon Kit, minus the lights on the barricade. Or possibly the Body Kit or Body Top for the F150 EvoT.

TheB1GDude
07-23-2008, 11:58 AM
OK so let me get this straight so far we have:

$15.00 in cold hard paypal cash
Either a BumbleBee or Barricade Weapons kit (minus the Barricade lights)
EvoT F-150 Kit

Sounds like first and second place prizes to me :)

First place takes the 15 bucks from Bondo and arronz350z
Second place takes their pick either Barricade, BumbleBee or F-150 stuff kindly donated by Sweed.

Lets see what TheXmodifyer thinks about doing a tiered prize system.....

xmodkidd33
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
What if the winner doesn't have PayPal?

TheB1GDude
07-23-2008, 01:05 PM
What if the winner doesn't have PayPal?

Then they forfeit... :) nah just kidding - this is TheXmodifyers comp so he gets final say but basically I would assume whoever is holding the money just mails it out to the winner.....

XMODification
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I mentioned before that I could throw in a NIB RS rechargable AAA pack (valued around $25) as a prize - everyone uses batteries :bigwink: . LMK if you guys want it and i'll just mail it out to who ever wins. :nod:

TheB1GDude
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I mentioned before that I could throw in a NIB RS rechargable AAA pack (valued around $25) as a prize - everyone uses batteries :bigwink: . LMK if you guys want it and i'll just mail it out to who ever wins. :nod:

Did you?? Sorry dude! :) Must have skipped over that! We will have to wait for TheXmodifyer to read over this and see what he says! It's his comp so I don't want to make to many decisions without him.

XMODification
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Did you?? Sorry dude! :) Must have skipped over that! We will have to wait for TheXmodifyer to read over this and see what he says! It's his comp so I don't want to make to many decisions without him.

Okie dokie :D - just lmk - I'll have it ready in any case.:nod:

c1v1c
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I can throw in a beaten up camaro 67 xmod body plus some of the bk (not sure if i have them all)

once again, the body is in bad condition but any one could fix it i'll get picture in a day or two.

Sorry for the bad quality pic but this is what i can give.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/quam3900/Snapshot_20080723.jpg

zippo855
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
i will throw in a set of of tires like what is on my crawler, just a little different tread pattern. you will have to mod it yourself to fit the xmod truck.

TheXmodifyer
07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Bondos $10 and Xmodification's RS Rechargables sound **** good to me. Everyone can use batteries, and who cant use ten bucks? Good luck everyone!

XMODification
07-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Bondos $10 and Xmodification's RS Rechargables sound **** good to me. Everyone can use batteries, and who cant use ten bucks? Good luck everyone!

Sounds Good! I'll have it packed and ready to be shipped for whoever wins! :nod: Good Luck ya'll. :headbang:

stangdude94
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
dont mean to get off topic

so if this is a SUMMER OF THE 69's . can i enter a 1970 boss 302 mustang ??

benoj
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
cant see why not, i have a 70 chevelle and zippo has a 72 nova

TheB1GDude
07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
dont mean to get off topic

so if this is a SUMMER OF THE 69's . can i enter a 1970 boss 302 mustang ??

I have no issue with that - I'll wait for a final decision from TheXmodifyer but the only reason the name of the comp was changed was because we had so many 69 cars being entered - so it shouldn't be a problem!

TheXmodifyer
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I want this competition's entries to vary. The name came about because the majority of the entries are 69's. So yes, other years are welcome ;)

stangdude94
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
ok kool just wondering

Dark Knight
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
im going to micheals or hobby lobby and see what they have. can i still enter?

TheB1GDude
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Does anyone still have an interest in this competition??? At lot of our top builders put their time and effort into building entries for this so I'm going to be a little annoyed if our newer members said they would enter but then decided not to.

If we don't hear something on this soon then I'm going to suggest to XMODification and Donziikid that we shut it down and hold a muscle car comp later in the year to allow everyone who did built to showcase their work.....

XMODification
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Since no one has replied to it or even updated the thread I would agree on shutting it down also and just do a COTM with the same theme later on. Lets hear from Donzii what he thinks about it also and then we can take some action on it. Besides, I haven't even heard from Xmodifier about this and it was really his idea also.

Donziikid
09-09-2008, 07:29 PM
No one has taken much initiative towards this to even get the ball rolling. I'm sure we'll see something similar to this further down the road; whether it's an official Xmodsource.com Build-Off or a COTM similar to a build off. ;)

Moderators will keep in mind that a muscle car competition is wanted since this build-off was based around muscle cars or cars from the muscle car era.

Three agrees. Closed unless mentioned otherwise.

Cheers,
Kyle.