PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know how to eliminate rollover on a evo car without lowering?

XMDrifter
07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
well, when i use grip tires, my GTR tends to flip a lot, and it gets me by suprise every time. then my antenna gets hooked into the carpet, and it's a b**** to pull out

anybody have a solution to this that won't reduce my steering radius?

dontspamme
07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
A little hard without turning down your radius. If you would turn it down, go for less grippy tires or turn down the "ST Range" knob on the back of your controller. But you can always make your chassis wider with the wide axle tut [probably too wide] or just extend the axles with the ones from the suspension upgrade.

Sweed
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
What springs are you running?
To keep it from flipping, either slow down, drift it, or you can work out a custom set-up were you put alot more weight down low, and lower the top really good. You want everything below the level of the wheels. But this of course sacrafices ground clearance.
You could add small weights to the front down low on one side, though.

KITT222
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
put a plastic top on your antennae, and take it easy into those turns.

XMDrifter
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
lol KITT
guess i could try to lighten the top and add little thin sheets of tungsten to the bottom

JDMDUDE
07-20-2008, 09:37 PM
you could try changing the springs in the front

c1v1c
07-20-2008, 10:19 PM
How about widening the rear wheel base by flipping the rims over?

XMDrifter
07-21-2008, 08:32 AM
eh... idk i'll give it a try

RedSXmodder
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised your having this problem with an EVO. The EVO series is extremely low, compared to the gen1, and my gen1 has no problem staying on its feet...even with a mod motor.

Alot of it is how you drive the car. If your heavy on the throttle into sharp turns or hairpins, you better have a pretty cushy suspension or a wicked sway bar set up because even with how low the EVO is, it'll be tough to keep it on its feet.

Also, what are you running for a spring setup? Because of the great turning radius soft springs offer, they create alot of body roll. If you using soft springs your car will roll alot. Especially with a heavy xmod body on top. Try some stiffer springs, or some counterweight setups. Odds are, the culprit is just in your driving habits.

Plus, driving really fast on a household carpet isn't too good for your car, lol. Strands of carpet get looped in moving parts, and hair balls up behind the wheels, body corners catch and regular rubber doesn't stick (well).

Later,
RedSXmodder

Sweed
07-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Also, what are you running for a spring setup? Because of the quick steering response stiff springs offer, they create alot of body roll. If you using stiff springs your car will roll alot. Especially with a heavy xmod body on top. Try some softer springs, of some counterweight setups. Odds are, the culprit is just in your driving habits.

Erm... I kinda have to disagree. You get quick steering response because the energy is put to the wheels/ground instead of the car body rolling. And the stiff springs make it harder for the body to roll....

Drop driving with the body, cover the antenna, and possibly use some counterwaits. I've had 30mph+ Gen1's (ask B1G), and they've taken corners at high speed, and not rolled. Put a body on it and you might as well play Katamari.

RedSXmodder
07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Erm... I kinda have to disagree. You get quick steering response because the energy is put to the wheels/ground instead of the car body rolling. And the stiff springs make it harder for the body to roll....

Drop driving with the body, cover the antenna, and possibly use some counterwaits. I've had 30mph+ Gen1's (ask B1G), and they've taken corners at high speed, and not rolled. Put a body on it and you might as well play Katamari.

Ya...I made a mistake, I got soft and stiff backwards...shoot me Sweed...:lol:

I edited my post...

2wdpancar
07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Understeer anyone?
Toe in makes the wheels point inward, taking a corner, more prone to flipping(I think).
You would need to make a custom tierod, or use the stock one.
I don't know if this helps..

XMDrifter
07-22-2008, 12:20 AM
lol i love katamari. i'll try the springs. and i guess maybe the v2.2 board on top probably did something too. i raised up the suspension so it wouldn't scrape :shrug: guess that might have done it. btw i drove on low pile carpet. kinda hard carpet. i'll have to heatshrink the tip of my antenna because that's the most annoying part.

madcat303
07-22-2008, 01:09 AM
cut the very end of the tip of your antena off, no more grabbing, and those other antenna's up there...:grnsaw: