PDA

View Full Version : How can I lift the body on a CAR evo chassis?

italy.1677
07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to lift the chassis off the ground to get more clearance?:-?

On the title I meant lift the chassis off the ground am sorry for accidentally saying that.

DrIfToRDIe
07-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Flip the clip maybe?That's all I got

taiwanesekid05
07-20-2008, 04:12 PM
You could try suicide_star's method of lifting a truck body then figure out how to do that to a car.

nitemeer
07-20-2008, 04:35 PM
bigger tires? rally kit thingy? only gives a little more.. you can't really get much ground clearance for car chassis.

ling427ttvette
07-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to lift the chassis off the ground to get more clearance?:-?

Best way I could think of would be to use the truck wheels and tires, that would lift it up a little.. other than that I don't think there really is a way.

mytitan
07-20-2008, 05:48 PM
that would be nice, because i need to lift mine.

Sweed
07-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Not a tutorial (yet) for lifting the chassis, but an idea. You can redo the strut part (top of the knuckle) into a double wishbone sort of suspension, shave the bottom part of the chassis, and then get longer shocks/springs to gain ground clearance AND suspension travel.

Not an expensive idea, but it requires some creativity. The steering links people sell (with the ball-joint ends) for the Micro-T can be used with this, but would need to be shortened. Unless you mount it like a compensator arm on a car is mounted, forward or backward of the wheel. This will change the entire geometery of the suspension as the travel though. It can be good and bad, as you can get extra camber, caster, and toe when it goes compresses/rebounds.