wat happends to a lithuim battery when u charg it in a nimh or nicd charger
just wondering

civic guy

SuperFastSupra
01-26-2005, 11:11 PM
It could blow up.

BlackSky909
01-27-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't think it will charge. And it ill problay catch fire or something like that. Put it this way it won't work.

viperdout
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Matters on packaging and if it's a li-ion or li-po. A li-po, since it's in a soft case (this also applies to a li-po when shorted out) starts expanding then eventually blows up and sets fire to the general area (seen a few vids in controlled enviroments, and it's pretty cool, but have witnessed firsthand a li-po expand in front of me, and I almost crapped myself). A lithium Ion if in an AA case, will blow a special piece off designed to release pressure instead of the hard casing blowing like a pipe bomb. It'll leak a little, it is VERY toxic (all lithium battery innards are), and it's very flammable (especially with water from what I remember, since all of the group 1 elements react violently with water). If the battery is charged in a ni-mh or ni-cad charger and does not blow, chances are it's very hot and shot anyway. Improper charge settings also can lead to its downfall (learned that the hard way). That's why most cellphone chargers will not work to charge your xmod unless you charge 1 at a time.