PDA

View Full Version : where did this go anyway?

xmodsnut
07-16-2008, 03:20 AM
talk about a group project that never went anywhere. its been roughly 10 months since the project start and not a hide nor hair of what happened to the car and parts that were sent out by a few of the members here. has it fallen through the cracks and left for dead like alot of things around here.

bondo
07-16-2008, 04:33 AM
ive got the shell ready to paint but no one has come up with the chassis or motor:):)

Surgeon
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm sure that if you are really bent out of shape about donating cars and parts you can contact the person who you sent it to and they will send it back. The problem is that with a project of this magnitude there are a lot of people with plenty of parts to spare, that are not willing to give them up. They all want their opinion heard, but when it is time to ante up they don't want to donate.

zippo855
07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
if this project is going to happen i have parts i will donate, or i can build the chassis, i have an extra stock evo car chassis that i can build up however with the other parts provided. this sounds like a good project that never got really started. let me know.
Chuck

RedSXmodder
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Send me an address to ship a motor, and I'll have er out whenever I get the chance...

meme405
07-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I have a Futaba TX and servo's i was willing to send out but, no one ever got back to me...

It depends on where your going with the project but if your going hobby grade then these are Definetly nice...Its made for a RC plane, but can be modded to fit a car or boat or W/e too...

crawlin duckies
07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
i have tons of spare parts that i could send out just lemme know if you guys need any, and ill check if i have them pm me or whatever. i also have a yellow stiletto chassis i could donate for it but its missing a few nuts to it though..

2wdpancar
07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
If the car runs xmod electronics, I know where to get cheap FETs that no one has ever used before on an xmod.
They would only work on a generation 1 due to different circuitry, but they are just as good as the SP8M4 MOSFETs(these have a bit more resistance in the N channel, but barely).
The internal resistance is very low...I would donate a set of lithium batteries(I need a place to send and talk to people about this).

Surgeon
07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Well then, we will try to get the ball rolling on this. I am going to try to touch base with all of the builders that were nominated to make sure they still want in, and maybe get some members to fill in when necassary.

Xmodsnut, please PM the parts you donated as well as the person you shipped them to and I will try to get them sent back to you- do this ASAP so we can get it handled.

Edit: Members who have offered to donate more parts, sit tight. The builders will contact you once we get things straightened out.

xmodsnut
07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Its not the parts Im worried about. I was wondering WTH happened to this thing. But if you want to know try a whole entire evo chassis and every RS upgrade. sent it to the EDJ in calgary, canada dont have a clue where it went after that.:-?

Surgeon
07-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Its not the parts Im worried about. I was wondering WTH happened to this thing. But if you want to know try a whole entire evo chassis and every RS upgrade. sent it to the EDJ in calgary, canada dont have a clue where it went after that.:-?

Tried or accomplished. If you tried to send it to him and failed then there is nothing that can be done. However, if you actually sent it, well thanks for the donation it is much appreciated.

Maybe if you could donate some positive attitude you could be useful around these parts.

xmodsnut
07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
he got it alright and stuff. Im like everyone else who had a part in it sitting and wondering. I pretty much left when bondo took over cuz he drove me nuts. I was here but not logged in alot of the time looking around reading stuff. I got plans for a few new cars and some unique truck upgrades some of the guys may want to try. Its one of the things I wondered for a while what happened to. its like the shelby gt 500 I have sitting here waiting to see if the next line shows promise of being able to make the car wheel base long enough to fit under.

Surgeon
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
he got it alright and stuff. Im like everyone else who had a part in it sitting and wondering. I pretty much left when bondo took over cuz he drove me nuts. I was here but not logged in alot of the time looking around reading stuff. I got plans for a few new cars and some unique truck upgrades some of the guys may want to try. Its one of the things I wondered for a while what happened to. its like the shelby gt 500 I have sitting here waiting to see if the next line shows promise of being able to make the car wheel base long enough to fit under.

Regardless of your personal opinion of Bondo, he did change things around here for the better; also even tho he isn't directly on staff he does serve as an outside consultant of sorts. Perhaps you should consider putting your personal bias aside in the name of the greater good.

The norm of your participation as of recent has been sporatic and hostile. Signing on every so often to criticise the way things are done and run, this isn't the most progressive behavior to condone proper participation. In the future perhaps offering suggestions and solutions rather than open-ended criticism would be the most progressive way to handle your discrepancies; however it might come to your chagrin to comprehend the new and improved sensibility this site posseses.

The ball is rolling on this again, almost all of the initial builders have responded with a desire to continue with the group project. I am personally donating a few items to suppliment the build where others have refrained from donation.

suicide_star
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Regardless of your personal opinion of Bondo, he did change things around here for the better; also even tho he isn't directly on staff he does serve as an outside consultant of sorts. Perhaps you should consider putting your personal bias aside in the name of the greater good.

The norm of your participation as of recent has been sporatic and hostile. Signing on every so often to criticise the way things are done and run, this isn't the most progressive behavior to condone proper participation. In the future perhaps offering suggestions and solutions rather than open-ended criticism would be the most progressive way to handle your discrepancies; however it might come to your chagrin to comprehend the new and improved sensibility this site posseses.

The ball is rolling on this again, almost all of the initial builders have responded with a desire to continue with the group project. I am personally donating a few items to suppliment the build where others have refrained from donation.

i actually have the rims for it over here...i was going to order the shocks but they were no backorder on blue Evo truck shocks, i couldn't find any other ones besides the site i was looking at. anyways, whenever we have a destination to send all this stuff to and we get it reorganized...give me an address and i'll send a few chunks of alloy out =)

XmodzICON82
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
what kind of car was being built and what is needed to get this done....i have a bunch of motors(s1 and s2), steering parts(gen1 & evo)....and possibly other stuff....if a donation is needed let me know...i'll see what i have....

greekone
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't think I was around when this project started but, whats the point of building it and who is keeping this car?

THE EDJ
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Tried or accomplished. If you tried to send it to him and failed then there is nothing that can be done. However, if you actually sent it, well thanks for the donation it is much appreciated.

Maybe if you could donate some positive attitude you could be useful around these parts.

sorry guys! I've still got all the parts xmodsnut sent me, and it's all still good. life happened, between school, work, and getting married, the whole project kinda got lost, but if everyone is still game for getting it finished then lets do it. I was in charge of the chasis, but I'm not sure how much more I can do with it, I'll have to pull it out sometime and check what is installed and what isn't. Again, sorry for the hiatus, but if you all want to keep the project going then I am game. Cheers

meme405
08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think I was around when this project started but, whats the point of building it and who is keeping this car?

Originally i think it was boske who was going to get the car. As the owner and creator of the site...

We were also going to use the car to create a new banner and such for the site...

biggie862005
10-17-2008, 03:07 AM
any updates on this? sounds interesting...

mustanglover
10-17-2008, 03:16 AM
since this was "reopened" how did he get banned?

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I am looking for a new build and I have a stock pile of GPM parts, speedy 05 and 07 motors, Li-ion and Lipo battery packs. I also have Custom cut aluminum wheels and CF chassis for EVO. I would be willing to build this car and send someone the body for a custom paint job. after which I could have it professionally photographed. (my friend is a photographer. Let me know)

suicide_star
11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I am looking for a new build and I have a stock pile of GPM parts, speedy 05 and 07 motors, Li-ion and Lipo battery packs. I also have Custom cut aluminum wheels and CF chassis for EVO. I would be willing to build this car and send someone the body for a custom paint job. after which I could have it professionally photographed. (my friend is a photographer. Let me know)

you sound just like JackSmack. omg, thats probably because you are.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-04-2008, 01:05 AM
you think I'm talkin smack. I don't get it.

zippo855
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM

there has been many people that claim a lot of things that they do. so far you have said you make lexan bodies, cf and metal chassis, and now have stock piles of alloy. yet no pics? until you show some pics of what your claiming people are going to talk smack, because until then your just another person claiming a bunch of bs. if you do all this stuff awesome get some pics up, untill then prepare to get smack talked.

SPR
11-06-2008, 03:31 AM
so back on subject.

whats the latest news on the car ?!?!?!

taiwanesekid05
11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
so back on subject.

whats the latest news on the car ?!?!?!

Lol, nothing. Not much happened so far. A few parts got in, that's all.

suicide_star
11-08-2008, 08:55 PM

nah, there was a user named JackSmack that also wanted to pitch in one of a kind machined wheels, alloy, and have it professionally photographed.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
nah, there was a user named JackSmack that also wanted to pitch in one of a kind machined wheels, alloy, and have it professionally photographed.

did he do it. If so are there pics.

bondo
10-04-2009, 01:19 AM
nope....
not a **** thing happened with this build.
me and Xmodification are the only ones who stood up on our ends of the deal.

the shell is sitting on my shelf right now half painted waiting for a suitable chassis but ****ed if we're going to float 100% of it.....

as far as i'm concerned, this project is long dead.
it was supposed to be a unity project and ended up with 90% of the people renegging on their word.

meme405
10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Well EDJ has the chassis. And noone ever told him where to send it or what to do with it...

Someone needed to take initiative and get all the parts together in one big group and take turns sending it to the builders so they can complete theirs portion of the car. It then needs to be sent to donzii so it can be photographed. Too bad none of this ever hapened...

And even if it had: THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ****ING THING? NOBODY EVER DECIDED...

Some said Boske should have it... well he barely does anything around here besides the behind the scenes BS whenever the site goes down. He is like a ghost. So even if we finish this car its just going to disappear off the face of the earth afterwards.

Time to call it quits, whoever has the parts either make a fair attempt to send um back or else who gives a ****... it seems like xmodsnut is the only one that sent anything remotely valuable, and to be honest pleasing him and working to get his **** back to him isnt my #1 priority...

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
10-04-2009, 03:46 AM
Well, if Bondo has a body and can finish painting it, then he can send it to me ... I have enough parts to build a chassis. Once im done I can send it to Donzii to photograph. From there Donzii can keep the car and make it the 1st place prize for a Car of the month. How does that sound.

tayyab
10-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Sounds like a **** expensive prize:lol:

So,
Bondo has the shell
and XXX is making the chassis...

Then I say we have two sincere members who are true to their word and we will be seeing an XMS car soon. :)

Thoughts Bondo and XXX?

Later, T.I.M

GearHeadV8
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
i say we do that. or we can have a poll who is the most deserving member like we enter someone and then we vote. but alot of rules.

I would like to take initiative if thats okay or i would say XXX or bondo should.

you 2 need to give a list of stuff that is needed and whats left.

imnotmikal
10-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, if Bondo has a body and can finish painting it, then he can send it to me ... I have enough parts to build a chassis. Once im done I can send it to Donzii to photograph. From there Donzii can keep the car and make it the 1st place prize for a Car of the month. How does that sound.

Or, instead of a COTM, make it COTY.

The car will be given away January 2011.
Every car that wins the COTM Jan-Dec 2010 would be entered into COTY in Jan 2011, and the winner of the year gets it.
That way, there's a year for more work to be done to the car, and letting people know NOW what the prize would be, could get people active and get each COTM until then active, so everyone has a chance.

Sounds good to me.

deckerz
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
nah just make it a cotm give away or end of this year.

january 2011 is a long way away and what if they don't want to be entered into the comp, its up to members if they decide to enter or not.

hope this finaly gets finished...

dontspamme
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Why not make it a COTM for December ? Like last year where we had a Vette Z06 and some misc. stuff that you can win ? But then again, I wouldn't mind a COTY for January 2010 with all the winning cars from January - December 2009 ?

winner
10-04-2009, 01:54 PM
so what about a raffle? just make a box with peoples names (that say they want to be in it) and go that way? just my 2 cents

sciontc333
10-04-2009, 02:01 PM
^^^ yeah but then all they did was say i want to get this bad@$$ car... i like the car of the year comp winner gets it best.

winner
10-04-2009, 02:17 PM
winner gets it best.

lol i like this guy:D

bondo
10-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Why not make it a COTM for December ? Like last year where we had a Vette Z06 and some misc. stuff that you can win ? But then again, I wouldn't mind a COTY for January 2010 with all the winning cars from January - December 2009 ?

this is the best option IMO.
maybe staff could also post that $100 prize for the partiot comp that got cancelled as added incentive for the few remaining months to get some ***** in gear so to speak.

run open class(Xmod/scalemodel) comps till the first of the year and hopefully,with that much incentive,they would be some of the best comps this site has seen for awhile.
this month's was a pretty good turnout with some really nice entries but it hasn't been that way very much this year.

i think ultimately,the desiscion on how it's given away should be up to the builders and the staff.
the forum members already did their part on specifying the build.(chassis,paint,body)
so lets let the staff and Trix chime in with their thoughts.

i'm not keen on donzii holding until it's given away though.
she can shoot it but i'd rather see it back in the hands of a builder before shipping since we have alot more wrapped up in the hobby with more to lose if something goes awry.

if you're really into it Trix, i'll hit you up with the chassis length and all that good stuff.

GearHeadV8
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
IM CONFUSED!!! is donzii a guy or a girl

Or we can do something where we sell it on ebay with a high start price and we donate the money to a organization or something like that.

as long as we stay on it then we should be able to finish it

taiwanesekid05
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
IM CONFUSED!!! is donzii a guy or a girl

He's both. She tends to switch genders when he feels like she needs to.

zippo855
10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
He's both. She tends to switch genders when he feels like she needs to.

lmao, thats good

open class cotm with it as a giveaway, worked great for last december,

coty, well that would have to be for the first 12 months of the cotm or for the first 24 months and have to wait until february.

i like the ideas, and i think this car should stay with someone in the forum. as this is supposed to be a forum car, and not just put up on ebay for someone to wreck..

i'll bring this up with the staff, and see what comes of this, Bondo and XXX shoot me a pm or hit me up on msn [email protected] and we can see what you guys would like to see done as well.

edit.
looking back first cotm was feb 2008, but as there was some comps that went 2 months, etc. there isnt 12 winners in a year, so thats another thing to think of.