PDA

View Full Version : my celica project!

spitfire
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
my fathers first car was a 1975 toyota celica. so I went to the hobby and found the model kit of the same car. ive got the body all done. all i need to do is buy an xmod chassis for it and mount it.

its lite blue and looks awesome with gloss black rims.

My camera broke so at the moment i dont have pictures of it.
but please be patient.
when the car is on a chassis i will add pictures.

theruns
07-15-2008, 09:09 PM
sounds cool man. hope you get a frame for it.

spitfire
07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
thanks for the reply im still kind of new here so im still getting to know the ins and outs. so thats one of the main reseans it taking me so long to get pics in for every one.

theruns
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
hey man, take your time, its not like we're gonna kill you over no pics. its just nicer to have pics because then people know you are serious about making this project (im not saying you arent) if they can see what you are starting with. i myself was going to do a project but i had no pics and i ended up not doing it anyways so it was just a waste of space on the forum. when you do get pics, i recommend you use photobucket. its the easiest way to gets pictures on here, trust me. :)

amorton94
07-16-2008, 01:37 AM
before serious xmoders read this, i'd like to tell you that it's not a "frame" it is a chassis, telling you so you don't get called noob or anything:D

Surgeon
07-16-2008, 09:22 AM
thanks for the reply im still kind of new here so im still getting to know the ins and outs. so thats one of the main reseans it taking me so long to get pics in for every one.

Get a photobuckett account, you can upload pics on there and post them on the site. Make sure that your pictures aren't so large that they break the forum tables.

Also, just a suggestion, there are many people who create "build threads" and talk about all the things they are going to do, and this and that, but never get anything done. You will get much more response and feedback if you include pictures in your thread, even if it is just progress pics or pics of the model kit that you start out with.:bigwink:

spitfire
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I thank all you guys for the feed back. I will definitly go on photo bucket right now to get those pics in as soon as possible.

spitfire
07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
my freind took pics of the celica for me and they came out great. all i have to do now is wait for him to send them to me.

spitfire
07-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok, WhiteMKIV finaly took pics of it and sent them to me...he's over right now as we speak :D
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/SANY0679.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/SANY0682.jpg

Surgeon
07-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I was thinking about pickin' one of those models up awhile back. Good job on it! How does it steer? Looks like the front end is a little narrow.

spitfire
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
i think it looks bad ***. it fits perfect on the frame. no problems at all.

Surgeon
07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Good deal. You should think about putting some retro looking wheels on it to.

Something like this:
http://www.xmodsinternational.com/wertytussss.JPG

or this:

http://www.xmodsinternational.com/SDAG567.JPG

The paint scheme looks oem, the stance is nice and low, but I think the wheels look to "modern", if that makes sense.

spitfire
07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
ya that makes sence. i just like the black rim look on that color. im looking for something different. if you do please ley me know!

right now i have it all taken apart so i can paint it because i rolled over a few time wile racing a freind but its looking good.

WhiteMKIV
07-26-2008, 11:17 PM
ya that makes sence. i just like the black rim look on that color. im looking for something different. if you do please ley me know!

right now i have it all taken apart so i can paint it because i rolled over a few time wile racing a freind but its looking good.

That freind was me :roll: i tihnk i rolled my supra after you lol but ya dude i got sme retro rims ill thrtow at ya when u come over next time

spitfire
07-27-2008, 10:53 AM
cool. thanks dude.

what do they look like?

WhiteMKIV
07-27-2008, 12:51 PM
cool. thanks dude.

what do they look like?

You seen them they are the the NIB [new in box] ones i have sitting around

spitfire
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
sweet. tomorrow im going to start sanding the body and hopefully paint it.

Surgeon
07-27-2008, 04:45 PM
sweet. tomorrow im going to start sanding the body and hopefully paint it.

You should just leave it as is until it gets really messed up or get a beater. Don't want to put to many layers of paint on her.

Are you going to stick with the blue?

spitfire
07-27-2008, 07:01 PM
im going to just put another layer of paint on it. its all scraped up. so i have to sand it done to the bear plastic and prime it and sand and then i can paint it and clear it. i like the light blue met. it really fits the car. im probably going to make the body (when its done) a shelf queen because i like it so much and im celica CRAZY. lol

Surgeon
07-27-2008, 07:33 PM
im going to just put another layer of paint on it. its all scraped up. so i have to sand it done to the bear plastic and prime it and sand and then i can paint it and clear it. i like the light blue met. it really fits the car. im probably going to make the body (when its done) a shelf queen because i like it so much and im celica CRAZY. lol

Ok cool. I was going to suggest if you change color to go with the Fusion brand. If you shelf it for a month, so that it can fully cure, you will have to try to scratch it.

spitfire
07-27-2008, 07:45 PM
i see what you mean but whats the fusion brand?

Surgeon
07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Its a brand of paint that bonds with plastic. If you let it sit for awhile it becomes highly scratch resistant. I use it on my projects that will be well driven.

http://www.krylon.com/products/categories/plastic/

The only downfall is that it is tempormental to humidity and you get better results without sanding/priming.

spitfire
07-27-2008, 08:12 PM
sounds cool. where do you get that at? right now i use dupont automotive paint. it works well but scratches real esay so switching to fusion would probably be good. so, thanks!

Surgeon
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Wal-mart, home depot, lowes. Wal-Mart has the best prices, but the smallest selection. They don't have a baby-blue in the fusion brand tho, so you might just wait for another project, or change the color you want it.

spitfire
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
when i get a truck chassis ill try it on that and see how it works

i was thinking about making it a rally car by putting on rally car decals. but im not sure. im afriad ill have to change the color of it to make it look right, mabye silver or gray. i dont know, just a thought!

stang_racer
07-27-2008, 11:43 PM
lol i just bought that model kit 2 days ago, red and white with flares right

spitfire
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
the one i bought wasnt actual a 1975 i was just gessing. the model i bought is a aoshima (i know ive never heard of it too!lol) it has a picture of the car and its like a bluegreen color and the height looks realy stupid on it. but the car is called the CELICA 1600GT. let me know what kind your model kit is?

stangdude94
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
dude thats most unique project i have seen in a long time

stang_racer
07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
mines a higarama or something like that, some japanese model really high quality no exes platic on the molds or any seams either but one down side was i didnt get to build a motor so ya it was still great though and expensive too, 34 bucks canadian most ive ever spent on a model lol usualy its the 18 dollar deal at wal mart hahaha but now my walmart doesnt even carry plastic models anymore, so i had to go to the lhs and ended up walking out 58 bucks lighter after model, 2 cans of paint and a small testors bottle of flat black

spitfire
07-28-2008, 10:02 PM
ya mines japanese too.

you can only read like... 5 words on the box. lol.

stang_racer
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
yea yea lol i know eh ill try to find a pic of mine, **** no luck on google
can you find a pic of yours

spitfire
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
all right cool! ya ive all ways loved celicas. my brother has a 2000 celica GT-S

he has:
K&N intake
short shifter
performance pulleys
sway bars and tower bars

ive desided to retire the celica body and put it on the shelf of good makings (lol!) its going to be replaced with a Honda S2000.
ill be making a new thread for it so keep a look out for it. it will be called "stole a chassis for an S2000".

lupinechaos
10-03-2008, 02:41 PM
nice looking old skool celica, what xmod chassis did you use?

Donziikid
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
This question could have been covered with the Private Message system, Lupine. Please try not to bump topics that are over two months old. ;)

Cheers,
Kyle.

mustangvelez18
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
nice man looks great

skim4food
10-03-2008, 10:53 PM
wow thats a really clean celica, on thing that caught my eye was the chrome stuff on the tail and the side of the car, i think its the name and stuff but it kinda throws me off

spitfire
10-03-2008, 11:05 PM
wow do you know how old this thread is?
i maid this thread when i first came here.

dont think im being an @$$hole but i can tell you guys are new...

HUMMER H4
10-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Nahhh Cuz they're thing says it...Lmao jk Nice Project even if im late..

spitfire
10-03-2008, 11:12 PM
lol, thanks man. i acculy forgot about this car.

HUMMER H4
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Lol np,How could you?Im not a Major Celica Fan but i like yours! And some down in Florida..They're every where!?

spitfire
10-03-2008, 11:20 PM
not around me, but im acculy getting a 1991 celica next week

hopefuly?

HUMMER H4
10-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah,Like in the first part of Florida..Pesacola,But i knew these people tht had a 199- Celica i cant remember the year...It was like Your Celica Xmod #2.

spitfire
10-03-2008, 11:28 PM
the rally car i made, if so thats the same year im getting

HUMMER H4
10-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah tht year! I loved your so much i voted for you!

spitfire
10-03-2008, 11:36 PM
cool thanks, that rally car made me want to get one

nut any way we pm each other about this, and can a moderator close this thread?
i dont feel breaking the rules much long on this.