PDA

View Full Version : Painting-help plzzz

pwned12355
07-10-2008, 08:44 PM
ok well i have an old supra (red) then i painted(yellow) and it came out crapy.

i taped it off and everything but the paint weint under it and messed up alittle that not the problem tho

i want to reapint it again and i was wondering if any1 had a good idea how to

like what kinda paint where to get

i also no there are alot of custom cars out there and u guys put alot of time into them and im whilling to do the same sooo come on painters of the XMOD LEAGE, NATION, WORLD

HELP ME DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GearHeadV8
07-10-2008, 09:20 PM
O.....M.....G LOL jk ok first off calm the HECK down lol.

1.get pro painters tape like the blue one use a like earaserers edge to go around the edges of the tape when its on the window.or take a ball pen and go around the edge.do it for all the windows.

2.before you mask it sand it with i think 600 grit sand paper.the WHOLE car body so it is like really dull.

3. if it is like a bright car color make it all smooth and then spray it with white if u want it flat or i think silver for a shine.

4.spray your color after the base is COMPLETELY dry give the base like 10 hours depending on the time. go over the body with the color starting from either the side and over or front to back.then let it sit go on a like 3 mile bike ride or something lol.then come back and sleep for like 5 hours and then check the body dont touch it or else finger prints lol.

5.when its all dry go over it again if it needs it.

then take off the tap and ur set.anyone please double check this

(actual time may vary)

fieldfairy2
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Use the search button and the tutorial section or the xmods repair/modification manual. You will find painting tutorials and more.

Donziikid
07-10-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.briansmodelcars.com/tutorials/tutorial/12
http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1361

Both very good tutorials. Follow them to a T, and you should see some great paint results. ;)

GearHeadV8
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
i thought u couldnt link :rr:

BART
07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
i thought u couldnt link :rr:

Your correct...U cant link, A seasoned member (and a mod at that) offering helpful advice however can

pwned12355
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
all good ideas thx i will try