PDA

View Full Version : nitro and electric pros and cons...

fordman239
07-10-2008, 07:51 AM
i would like to devote this thread to hobby grade nitro and electric rc vehicles of hobby grade, all the pros and cons of both types for begining hobby grade rc-ers who have questions, hopefully the pros and cons will answer these. ill start.

Nitro

Pros:
-awesome sound
-more speed
-more power

Cons:
-fuel cost money (not cheap)
-high maintainence
-more expensive than electric

Electric

Pros:
-low maintainence
-fairly cheap depending on model
-good speed on and off road
-fair amount of power

Cons:
-waiting for charging
-no cool sound
-not as good in the weather
-less upgrades than nitro

snowboi1289
07-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Nitro:
Pros:
-Alot of upgrades available.
-Looks really nice.
------------------
Cons:
-Alot of tweaking the engine, to make it run perfect, and not take alot of nitro fuel.
-Cost of Nitro(since gas is going up, the nitro gas is going up alot).
__________________________________________________ _______
Electric:
Pros:
-Good upgrades.
-Doesnt cost much for electric(power source better).
-High torque.
-------------
Cons:
-Fry the board, FET's, motor, batteries,and (or) servo.
-If it doesnt have a fan, and you run it alot, it might overheat, and burn something.
-No cool sound, just the sound of the electric motor.
-Might have to upgrade to get better speed.

Just putting in some you missed.

KITT222
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
let me lend you a hand... i own one of each!
fuel cost money (not cheap)

actually nitro trucks are fairly efficient, and you can get a large 2 gallon thing of fuel for very cheap!

-waiting for charging
-no cool sound

if you get the right charger it takes only 15 minutes(http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-22178/LOSB1206-Mini-Peak-AC/Detail)! and it DOES let off a sorta loud sound. just not as cool.

-Alot of tweaking the engine, to make it run perfect, and not take alot of nitro fuel.
i havent tweaked mine very little, and it can run forever on such a little amount of fuel

Fry the board, FET's, motor, batteries,and (or) servo.
-If it doesnt have a fan, and you run it alot, it might overheat, and burn something.

i have never heard anything like that! i run mine a lot, and i punish it a lot, and i havent overheated or fried my electronics! the motor does get VERY hot though.

RedSXmodder
07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Nitro

Pros:
-awesome sound
-more speed
-more power

My ***. Do you know that just about all the fastest RC records are held by electric cars? Electric's are equally as capable as any nitro. Lipo and brushless technology has put electric technology super far ahead in the rc game...and now electric power is more than able to put any nitro car to shame...:) not that I'm biased towards electric or anything...

plus, I find the sound of nitro cars annoying...:lol:

fordman239
07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
any pors and cons YOU'VE had with either or. i was just putting my input, thats all. i had to tweak and adjust my nitro alot to get it where it is, and i love the sound of nitros, they are just alot of work.

mytitan
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
nitro
sounds good
you can tell people you have a gas powered rc car

cons.
slower
parts more exspensive
more work

electric
pros.
faster
cheaper
less maintnense

cons. charging battery pack

snowboi1289
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually is does cost alot. Think about it, if gas goes up more, nitro fuel will hit the roof. And down here in Florida, theres alot of tweaking the engine to the right specs. because of the hummidity