PDA

View Full Version : Micro-t Questions

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-09-2008, 01:37 AM
i got a micro-dt last wednesday and i have to say i'm impressed, it's my first hobby grade RC car and the handling is great, i don't think i'm going to upgrade it, at least not yet, maybe a Li-Po battery pack and a brushless motor. i would get pics but i have no patience, and this computer unfortunatley requires lots (patience), mines red an looks like this

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1565780

anyways...i had a few questions about my micro-DT...how do i make it do wheelies/what do i need?

can i use rechargable AA's for the transmitter and the charger?

and does anyone know of mine tweaks i could do to improve speed/handling?

...oh and this thread is open for anyones and everyones questions and comments so if you have a q about micro-t's please post it may be we can all learn a little sumthing...;)

xmodificationer
07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
I only made a Micro-T help thread for a reason.

fieldfairy2
07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Well. XModificationer is right he has a thread for this. you need to tune the slipper to get wheelies. I can almost do wheelies with mine. I need to tune it some more, but i almost got it. The slipper nut wears down fairly quick. So you need to adjust it as soon as possibly. look in the instruction manual it came with . you need the truck and a 4.5 mm nut driver. The xmods ones don't work. the one in the thread axles kit does.

xmodificationer
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
I can answer all your questions. Just post in my Thread ;)

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
thanks guys, next time i'll do a more detailed search before making a thread, just one question, do i tighten the slipper or loosen it?

fieldfairy2
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
well is the car slipping? like when you go in reverse and then forwards to try to pop a wheelie does it take a while for the car to go forward? do you have the 2 instruction booklets that came with the dt?

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
yes and yes, i bought it brand new everything was included, also my transmiter batteries only lased for like five hours max.

fieldfairy2
07-09-2008, 04:35 PM
ok then you need to decrease the slipper. Clockwise i think. Look in the booklets they say how to tune the slipper. I got my tuned and it can almost pop a wheelie, it is a little faster, the slipper nut(same as the wheel nuts for thread axles) wear out when you try to tune it, so switch(only if it is worn out) it with a wheel nut if you have the threaded axles. hope this helps.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
alright thanks i'll loosen it, i got to go to wwork now so i'll talk to you guys tomorrow

xmodificationer
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
thanks guys, next time i'll do a more detailed search before making a thread, just one question, do i tighten the slipper or loosen it?

tighten for wheelies. I can sell you a 49T blue aluminum integy slipper if you want.

Also you can use rechargeable batts for charger and controller. I bought a Lipo because its liek 20x better!!! Get the Losi Lipo and charger ($40) and get a Atomic BB motor ($14)

MY THREAD (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13460)

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-10-2008, 08:10 PM
thanks for the tips, after reading i had to adjust the slipper i sat and thought for a bit about which way to tune it tightert or looser, tighter made sense so i went ahead and tightened then plugged it in to charge, i came back here and found i should loosen it, so changed it, and my micro-t was charged up so i drove it alittle bit and i almost got a wheelie but like i said i only drove for a bit (<30sec) so before i tighten it again are you guys 100% sure?

@Xmodificationer i checked out your thread but now that i made this one i'd hate to ditch it, and as far as upgrades go whats the difference between a BB and brushless also how much is a brushless?

fieldfairy2
07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
turn it clock wise, to the right, tighten it.

xmodificationer
07-11-2008, 12:39 AM
thanks for the tips, after reading i had to adjust the slipper i sat and thought for a bit about which way to tune it tightert or looser, tighter made sense so i went ahead and tightened then plugged it in to charge, i came back here and found i should loosen it, so changed it, and my micro-t was charged up so i drove it alittle bit and i almost got a wheelie but like i said i only drove for a bit (<30sec) so before i tighten it again are you guys 100% sure?

@Xmodificationer i checked out your thread but now that i made this one i'd hate to ditch it, and as far as upgrades go whats the difference between a BB and brushless also how much is a brushless?

tighten for wheelies. BB>Brushless

Brushless will give you horrible run times, lots of $ (motor, esc, receiver, new controller, servo, etc.)

A Losi Lipo and Atomic BB will give you 30mph roughly. Brushless won't give you much more.

Brushless will cost you about $200 with all the other stuff you would need.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-11-2008, 02:45 AM
wow 200$s, is the atomic BB from AM or can i pick it upp at my hobby shop, i rather not by from AM shipping to my house is like 20 bucks

xmodificationer
07-11-2008, 05:06 AM
buy it from www.thetoyz.com thats where I got mine.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
they're outta stock, i'll get the product code, and call up my hobby shop

mytitan
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
the difference is bb and lipo 25-30mph, brushless and lipo 45-50mph