PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Transformation!

italy.1677
07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I am turning a barricade mustang Transformors xmod into a mustang. This is my first xmod so just experimenting some. I'll post some pictures in a bit, but it is dark now in Kansas. I just did the first coat of silver paint and it turned out great!:nod: I am happy with it and will add the black later. I'll post pics later!!!:evil: I am going to add some black stripes down the middle of it. It won't be very exciting so if you looking for an super duper suped up one look elsewhere! I'm just going to be upgrading bearings and such. None of my before pics because I'm too lazy, bt I will post radioshacks pictures. Any suggestions will be nice!:nod:

SUPERSHELBY
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I am turning a barricade mustang Transformors xmod into a mustang. This is my first xmod so just experimenting some. I'll post some pictures in a bit, but it is dark now in Kansas. I just did the first coat of silver paint and it turned out great!:nod: I am happy with it and will add the black later. I'll post pics later!!!:evil: I am going to add some black stripes down the middle of it. It won't be very exciting so if you looking for an super duper suped up one look elsewhere! I'm just going to be upgrading bearings and such. None of my before pics because I'm too lazy, bt I will post radioshacks pictures. Any suggestions will be nice!:nod:

u mean like turn it from barricade 2 a regular saleen mustang?

amorton94
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
i've seen that done before, it looks really good:cool: :)

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Yep that is what I'm gonna do. I still need to take pics, but my sister sleeps 'til about noon. Then I have to download so it take 20 minutes to do once she is up. This is my first xmod/paintjob on a model anything.:nod: Does anyone know what to use to cover the holes in the roof where the lights go? If you this model and want to KEEP it a cop car DO NOT take the lights of the roof of the car because the first time I did the screw hole thingy broke off! Advice is appreciated this is my first build so I'll need some. I want to add bearings but not sure if I should go with metal sealed bearings or ceramic bearings? Any suggestions on what to upgrade are good too!:D Just so you know I got it for 15 bucks! And I think the person who hacked your forum is a mini-z fan. Probably programmers just search youtube for xmod vs mini-z! View either one they both say he hates xmods!

fieldfairy2
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Use some epoxy putty to cover the holes. Look for it at your local hobby store.

sounds good. I would say ceramic bearings if you can find them cheap. Just go with sealed.

Look at my thread for the super duper one you pointed out.:D

hope it turns out.;)

KITT222
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
that is so wierd because im going to turn my extra Barricade body into something totaly custom!

ling427ttvette
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
What part of Kansas are you from? I'm in Dodge.

Sounds like a cool project.

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
What part of Kansas are you from? I'm in Dodge.

Sounds like a cool project.

Kansas City, Kansas

that is so wierd because im going to turn my extra Barricade body into something totaly custom!

Love the Knightrider avatar!:o

Use some epoxy putty to cover the holes. Look for it at your local hobby store.

sounds good. I would say ceramic bearings if you can find them cheap. Just go with sealed.

Look at my thread for the super duper one you pointed out.:D

hope it turns out.;)

Would Hobby Lobby have the epoxy putty?
How many bearings would I need? Because atomicmods has a set of like eight. And what size?:-?

KITT222
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
is there a Micheals arts and crafts store in your area? thats where i got my putty.

Love the Knightrider avatar!

thanks!!

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
is there a Micheals arts and crafts store in your area? thats where i got my putty.

thanks!!

I have a michaels! YAY!:roll_eye:

I'll post the pictures after the second coat of paint is on!:nod:

XmodzICON82
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
i live not to far from you italy.1677, i live in kc, missouri....and have fun with the mustang conversion...right now im turning my barricade into a mustang gt 500kr

KITT222
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
are you going to turn it into the new KITT?

XmodzICON82
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
kitt222 are you talking to me...if so then no i am not...

KITT222
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
yeah i was talking to you xmodzicon

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
WHERE IS IT AT MICHAELS!!!! I WENT TO HOBBY LOBBY MICHAILS AND JOANES!! CAN'T FIND IT!! Would mighty putty work? and where is it at michails please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

XmodzICON82
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
if you try the automotive section at walmart, around where the sandpaper is you can find the bondo putty....

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Is that the name of the brand?

fieldfairy2
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Look at your local hooby store not hobby lobby joan and micheals. you will never find it there. Hobby town usa, is one that is like everywhere. Look for Squadron and Tamiya. Bondo is way to heavy and messy to use these cars.

Titantaw12
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
You can find it at a hobby store. k-mart or walmart. use bondo putty

italy.1677
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Would mighty putty work?

Titantaw12
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
It might. I think it will.
I would use bondo putty.

mytitan
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
im doing a roush 427 soon, can you buy the putty to fill the holes at wal-mart?, my dad probally has some.

stangdude94
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah its called bondo

fieldfairy2
07-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Dont use bondo! It works but it isn't the best. Try to find Tamiya epoxy putty or Squadron epoxy putty. I use squadron. Bondo is alot heavier and messier. Might putty migh work. But don't try it.

@my titan: I am doing the front bumper of the roush mustang.with my own twist. No fog lights or the turn signals.

italy.1677
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Dont use bondo! It works but it isn't the best. Try to find Tamiya epoxy putty or Squadron epoxy putty. I use squadron. Bondo is alot heavier and messier. Might putty migh work. But don't try it.

@my titan: I am doing the front bumper of the roush mustang.with my own twist. No fog lights or the turn signals.

Anyone know how take mighty putty off? Where can I get squadran and tamiya?

KITT222
07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
if you are at Micheals look by the clay. i dont know where that mioght be at your Micheals, but just keep looking!

italy.1677
07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Is bondo putty the same thing as the member bondo has as his signature (a big tan that costs 8 bucks?:-?

xmodkidd33
07-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah. I use Bondo for most of my stuff, it works well.

fieldfairy2
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone know how take mighty putty off? Where can I get squadran and tamiya?

Scrap it or sand it off. I have never worked with that stuff.

Your local hobby store. I have said this already;) Hobby town usa has some squadron.

italy.1677
07-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Scrap it or sand it off. I have never worked with that stuff.

Your local hobby store. I have said this already;) Hobby town usa has some squadron.

It won't come off but hey it isn't to bad. There is a small discolorment where it is, but don't care.

Okay so I set up a little figure eight course with my shoes. I was AMAZED with how well it handled! Just so you know this was with no body and the xmod was BONE STOCK well totally unmodified straight from the box if that is what bone stock means. I don't know HOW radioshack is going to beat the current generation of xmods! They are abseulutly amazing! This batteries were about 1/4 of the power was left and I got at least twenty minutes! The control and everything is just so amazing!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :o :eyecraz:

pwned12355
07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i made a thread called Show me your customs you should check it out it would be great since no1 will post yet
lol

italy.1677
07-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Okay I was kinda bored and started random thinking and wanted to turn into a dune buggy. Right now I just need good tires, to lift the chassis higher, and possibly get hi-speed radline motor. I lost a screw somewhere (one of the suspension screws that atached the front right knuckle pieces and things to the top of the chassis). If anybody knows where I can get a dune buggy roadster model body? Does anyone know how to lift the chassis? How well would lego tires work in sand if I take it on vacation?:-?