PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS RC WHAT DO YOU THINK

XspuXtXnikX
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Im thinkin bout going to the nitro rc's I was thinking bout the nitro 4 tec by traxxas. What do you guys think is a good nitro car for you money?

DR3W
01-23-2005, 09:48 PM
i raced r/c be4 ant i thot in my mind traxxas sucks but hay thats what u whant nock ur self out lol j/j but i wood go whet a team losi

skeeter
01-23-2005, 09:59 PM
I've been into rc cars/planes/helichopters for years and i've had pretty good luck with Kyosho and team Associated,the good thing about ta is there american made.Theres also the concideration of the engine,you can ask anybody that has been into rc for a while and they will agree that os max is one of the top engine manufactures.I curently own 3 kyosho and one team asc...all of them are still running strong after years of use..the newest one i have is the rc10 T3 stadium truck i built this one to race at the local track that was in town and just as i got it all race setup they closed the track.. :(
I have out of the 3 kyosho, 2 gas and 1 electric..the gas are a blast especially the USA one 1/8 truck ..Its allmost unstopable..But if i was going to buy a new gas onroad car i would prolly go with the hpi rs4 because theres tons of upgrade aftermarket parts and there awd belt driven and you can get a 2 speed auto tranny, im not sure but it might come with it..And allways go with full ball bearings I never build a rc car without bearings.especially a nitro car.
The gas cars are really fast and will quickly wear out bushings..If you want to go pro gas you should check out Bolink or Team Associated alot of them come with all graphite chassis ,and are very percisionly made.some with the best upgrades will top out at very high speeds.But there quite expensive..lol hope i didn't bore ya with the long post.. :D

Best thing to do is do lots of research and if possible check out some tracks to get some info.I don.t know alot about Traxxis but what ive seen and heard is pretty good,but alot of the things on some gas cars rob power and speed like the electric starter and the pull start.its just more weight and more moveing parts for the engine to deal with,all my gas use an electric hand held starter the you hook to a 12volt batt.You start the car by pressing a rubber donut to the flywheel of the motor to cran it.Theres also alot more maintence on gas cars,they get more dirty cause of the oily exhaust the causes dirt to stick.

hope this helps
Good Luck... :)

BlackSky909
01-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Traxxas is good And I hear alot of good things about the nitor 4-tec. I also hear alot of good things about the RS/4 or whatever you call it.

XRL15thplaceskyline
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
i have the 4-tec and it kicks ***, but if you plan to drive the hell out of be prepared to get glo-plugs, and i suggest a pull start because the EZ-start box likes to break if your not careful, and get a hotshot!!!!!!!!

YzakB4DDRG
01-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I have an AE RC10B4 Stealth 2WD Electric Buggy (I bought the kit) this is an awesome buggy! Even though this is electric, it's still a great vehicle for first timers and experts alike! For beginners, I would almost always suggest they get an Electric vehicle first. No matter how long you've been playing with Xmods, you'll need to gain a LOT of experience to get good at the hobby-class R/C vehicles.

dustywheels
01-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I use to race nitro r/c it was fun but if you race at track all the time exspect to pay 25 bucks on broken parts.As far as car I always stuck with team assoieted I have the rc-10 RTR its agood car as far a s1/10 scale racing.