PDA

View Full Version : what got you into hobby grade?

fordman239
06-21-2008, 09:10 AM
just like xmods, only hobby grade rc cars, what got you into them?

for me, i picked up and rc driver mag at a local store, saw all the nitros, so i went online and watched some videos, and then soon enough i was bidding on ebay for my very own firestorm, which i now have. also, a guy up the road from me has a bunch of nitros and electric rc cars, that are fast, and i was sick of my xmods breaking everytime i would take it out on the road, so i got a nitro which will last longer.

JDMDUDE
06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
same here i saw videos and liked them i have a nitro rtr

suicide_star
06-21-2008, 08:07 PM
i got into nitros b/c i have a few friends with em, i'm sick of them now though, they burn too much fuel, break every time i use them...and are too expensive to keep fixing.

JDMDUDE
06-21-2008, 09:14 PM
that is true mine breaks down and burns to much fuel

BART
06-22-2008, 12:09 AM
i got into nitros b/c i have a few friends with em, i'm sick of them now though, they burn too much fuel, break every time i use them...and are too expensive to keep fixing.

This summer the Simpsons are going back to electric, all the nitros are packed away. Why did I get into hobby grade???? because it existed. Had hobby grade looooong before xmods were even dreamed about. If I remember, my first was a rc10 (with the gold chassis, most of you were in diapers).

Tmaxxn3
06-22-2008, 12:50 AM
i have a t-maxx i love it i put a bigger motor in in b.c the stock one blew up so i got a bigger one that bruns way more gas yes, but its still hella fun and i dont break mine every time i run mine what is your stuff hpi? lol

Donziikid
06-22-2008, 01:38 AM
My family has been into it since 1970. My father started in the mid-1970s with gas RC planes which carried on to this day. I just recently picked up the "hobby-grade" bug in the fall of 2005 with my Traxxas Stampede XL5.

I guess the itch to have something larger than the palm of my hand got me into hobby-grade RC. Lol.

greekone
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Wanted something that wasn't laughed at by local RC drivers.:lol:

reaper
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
i have a t-maxx i love it i put a bigger motor in in b.c the stock one blew up so i got a bigger one that bruns way more gas yes, but its still hella fun and i dont break mine every time i run mine what is your stuff hpi? lol

most of my cars are hpi and they never break iv run my savage off a quarry and nothing not even a dint and tune your engine and use less fuel you dopes lol
howd i get into hobby grade ? hell i dunno rc cars have always just bin there in my life :)

stang_racer
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
well i got into hobby grade stuff when i finally got enough money to buy a used hpi savage 25 well i broke it finally lol and the hobby store was kind enough to let me work there for any and all parts i need so thats how i got into it all and now i race and do hill climbs with the hobby stores club not the local club but i have intentions to join the local club so that there are just that many more members so that mabey the city will give us a local track (crossing my fingers) lol