PDA

View Full Version : Other forums linked in signatures.

snowboi1289
06-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Recently somebody (not saying name,so I'm clearly not flamming anybody) dleted my forums url in my signature.

I think everybody should follow them not just me. I see alot of members on here linking to other forums or blogs, yet I'm prolly the only person that gets messed with.

Am I going to be able to put my url back up, like just putting the name there ??

Titantaw12
06-17-2008, 06:47 PM
They deleted my link too. I didn't like that rule. But I will fallow to rules even though I disagree with the rule.

snowboi1289
06-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Not to be a snitch, but I think nobody should have the right to be able to link to other forums. That means even admins, mods, and even super mods.., and I see theB1Gdude ,and see with his link to his forum or blog.

Surgeon
06-17-2008, 08:28 PM
If you see it, why not report it instead of whining? We catch them when we can, if it wasn't for titan reporting you, I may not have caught it today-- but would have eventually.

snowboi1289
06-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm clearly not whinning. I'm saying.

To improve the rules, I think there should be a section for signature rules,like where it says signatures in the site rules section.

It says we can not post links to other forum,but we are really not posting them,we are putting them in our signatures, I think it would be best if somebody adds a lil more to the signature rules.

suicide_star
06-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm clearly not whinning. I'm saying.

To improve the rules, I think there should be a section for signature rules,like where it says signatures in the site rules section.

It says we can not post links to other forum,but we are really not posting them,we are putting them in our signatures, I think it would be best if somebody adds a lil more to the signature rules.

so, since it's in your signature...you're saying that everytime you post, you advertise it?

TheB1GDude
06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
In my signature I have a link to my personal web site, that web site has no functional forum nor does it advertise anything that might be considered competition to XMS, all it does is showcase my xmods therefore it meets the rules we have listed.

What we do not allow is links to other forums or blatant advertising in your signatures, it really isn't that tough of a rule to follow so please try to comply, if you want to get people joining your forum then there are many other ways to do it!

snowboi1289
06-18-2008, 01:04 AM
ZX9RBART just sent me a pm,saying that its ok for me to put a small link to my forum,but not to advertise it like I did.

And TheB1GDude, I looked at it for a second,and thought it was a forum or blog,sorry.

TheB1GDude
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
ZX9RBART just sent me a pm,saying that its ok for me to put a small link to my forum,but not to advertise it like I did.

And TheB1GDude, I looked at it for a second,and thought it was a forum or blog,sorry.

No worries, yes BART and I talked it over and we will revise the rules and allow you to have the link to your forum in your signature just no "Join Here" comments next to it! :)

snowboi1289
06-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok, I just have it so it says the name. Is that ok ??

TheB1GDude
06-19-2008, 05:01 AM
That is fine!

xmodkidd33
06-19-2008, 11:22 AM
B1G, does that mean I can't have a picture linked to XMW with "Click!" below it? I would just have to put up a regular link?

Surgeon
06-19-2008, 11:32 AM
B1G, does that mean I can't have a picture linked to XMW with "Click!" below it? I would just have to put up a regular link?

That should be fine, a link without a "click me" or "needs new members" is acceptable; just don't put up anything that is trolling.

xmodkidd33
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
This is what I had:

http://xmodworld.com/themes/XMOD/images/logo.gif (xmodworld.com)
^Click!^

Surgeon
06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Remove the "click" and you will be fine.:bigwink:

snowboi1289
06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
What I did, just to make sure, I just put the name with the url.

Donziikid
06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
That's fine, Snowboi.

snowboi1289
06-19-2008, 01:39 PM
That was fast. Thanks.

DrIfToRDIe
06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I was talking this over with B1G but my sig is fine,all it says is were I got it from and it is no competion whatsoever to xmods.So it's cool right?

snowboi1289
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
It should be.

madcat303
06-27-2008, 12:26 AM
your not alowed to post other site, that sell stuff, only xmod international since t sponsors xms

stang_racer
06-27-2008, 01:24 AM
i dont see why we cant put links to other forums in our sigs because were all we to grow the hobbie right not shut other forums out!!! so is there any way the rule could be changed because the more forums there are the more ppl are gonna join xms and other forum so when more ppl join here more ppl will see the xi banner and hopefully buy form them, correct me if im wrong...

snowboi1289
06-27-2008, 01:27 AM
We can, just not something like saying this, " Hurry, join here" , or "Needing new members". Check with TheB1Gdude, to see if the link you would like to put in your signature is ok.

BART
06-27-2008, 08:00 AM
We can, just not something like saying this, " Hurry, join here" , or "Needing new members".

This is correct.

stang_racer
06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
ko what about "savage fans meet here"???

imnotmikal
06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I remember at another forum I was part of for skateboarding, if anyone had a link to a different site in their sig, the admins would go in and change the URL to the site there were already at, but not remove it so that the people would think they still havge a link to their own site. :P

texan_idiot25
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
your not alowed to post other site, that sell stuff, only xmod international since t sponsors xms
We never said that. This is not like XI's forum where that is a rule.

snowboi1289
06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
ko what about "savage fans meet here"???

If I were you, I would just put the link, and thats it. Look what I did in my sig..

Surgeon
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I think this has been covered. You can have the link, and you should know the difference between linking and trolling for members. Closed.

bondo
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
just to point out the reason that the main forums dont like fishing or linking...
the owners of the top forums pay good money to be at the top of the main search engines.
when members of these forums start their own FREE forums and start fishing for members, it's a slap in the face.
why pay money when they could just go to other forums and fish for members?
the owners of these forums pay out of pocket for their member base.
most do this out of love for the hobby and in turn take what little profit is made from the pay forums and invest it back into bettering the hobby for their members through upgrades and prizes.

riddle me this.....
what do you free forum owners offer your members other then a place to crash once they get banned from the big3?

i'd love to hear all of the BS replies but un/fortunately for the rest of us, this topic is closed.
so, you freewebbers need to sit back and ask yourself why your forum is failing.....
don't blame XMS/XMF/XMW for not allowing you to basically steal members.
be happy that the staff of this forum is allowing you to have a link period.

if you want a top forum then pay for the advertising plain and simple.