PDA

View Full Version : This Forum Needs Some Excitement!!!!

xmodificationer
06-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Come on guys, it seems everything has been running slow, and there is no new xmods. It seems some people have not been going on here as much. We need some ideas to keep this forum alive and kicking!

2wdpancar
06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Blame Radio Shack...:lol:

TheB1GDude
06-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Every xmod site is running slow at the moment its a tough time for the hobby, we are trying to keep things moving with more interesting comps but if you have any suggestions let us know!

DrIfToRDIe
06-13-2008, 01:48 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ThyHAsnGalw
PUMP UP THE JAM!:afro:

xmodkidd33
06-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Strippers! :D

No, but seriously, we need to just ride the wave out and see where it carries us.

suicide_star
06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Strippers! :D

No, but seriously, we need to just ride the wave out and see where it carries us.

+1...its hard to have a project when you can hardly get your hands on a starter kit anymore...and even worse...its almost impossible to find upgrades at RS. so..all of us that have been into the hobby are at a standstill sort of b/c we have nothing to work with...and we wont be seeing many new members because the hobby isn't available to them. *sigh* oh wellz...i got about 6 xmods projects left if it makes anybody feel any better :lol:

xmodkidd33
06-13-2008, 09:03 AM
I can always repaint the cars I have and re-lube the bearings and diff every hour...

imnotmikal
06-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Psh, the only reason the forum is slow is because me and Sweed got banned.
By the way, how long is his ban for? I thought we got pretty much the same.

RedSXmodder
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
whats up knvicted?

xmodificationer
06-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Psh, the only reason the forum is slow is because me and Sweed got banned.
By the way, how long is his ban for? I thought we got pretty much the same.

he got banned untill sometime in july. But he is going to Sweden for a couple weeks anyways.

taiwanesekid05
06-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Make it psychedelic colors.

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmsbl8.jpg

imnotmikal
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Lmao Chinese, I would love taht.

You guys should make an optional theme for us to choose if we want the normal blue theme, or the freaking crazy physcadelic colors. :nod:

Tmaxxn3
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
yeah i agree if it was a little brighter it may be a bit more appealing too.
BRIGHTER IS BETTER!<it makes people feel happy too.lol

greekone
06-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Or you could go with dark colors like MZR and no I'm not gothic. lol

2wdpancar
06-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Or you could go with dark colors like MZR and no I'm not gothic. lol

+1 to that.
Amen brother.:lol:

RedSXmodder
06-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Dark Colors FTL. I don't really like the color choice of MZR, but Black and Neon Green (radiactive *****az!) would look beast. And we don't need Rainbow either, we don't want to attract any of....you know...those types...

There was a link of a website that made all these custom Web designs, it was kick arse. So many uber-cool designs.

Later,
RedSXmodder

taiwanesekid05
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Imagine this site was all psychedelic colors and you went onto a "trip" and saw this site...

imnotmikal
06-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I think either a black/red or black/green would be sweet.
Or Lime Green/Grape Purple...

xmodkidd33
06-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe black/silver or silver/black. I like the neutral colors.

c1v1c
06-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Ehhh i think this site is diyng because of the lack of xmods project watsoever and due to the extention of xmods.

I dont know how changing the forum color theme would change anything to keep this forum alive.

Tmaxxn3
06-14-2008, 01:01 PM
yeah RedXSmodder i agree i dont think we need that kind either...

texan_idiot25
06-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Stop complaining and start a project. The reason it's dying is because everyone is sitting on their *** wondering why it's dying.

Xmods are not sacred. Cut, mold, form, paint, and work the SOB.

Kaze
06-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Stop complaining and start a project. The reason it's dying is because everyone is sitting on their *** wondering why it's dying.

Xmods are not sacred. Cut, mold, form, paint, and work the SOB.

+1 If you're always gonna be scared of doing something out of the ordinary, then things just get boring. So what if Radioshack doesn't make that model anymore and you only have one, whether you're capable or not you should try. Not happy with it, learn from it and try again till you're happy...

I've been working on my Z for almost a year now, slowly and surely it's getting close to what I want it to be and people like it. Go out and do what you like, who cares if someone's hating, if its attractive you'll get help too.

I dont know how changing the forum color theme would change anything to keep this forum alive.

I kinda like the idea, the way i'm looking at it isn't necessarily about it keeping it alive, but maybe a new look would inspire or motivate some people to go do something. I mean if you stared at the same thing everyday you'd feel kinda dull or bored right? so who knows maybe it'll start something, hell you could prolly make something out of it by making it a contest like "design the new XMS" or vote on a new XMS theme. That should get something started.

Titantaw12
06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
+1 If you're always gonna be scared of doing something out of the ordinary, then things just get boring. So what if Radioshack doesn't make that model anymore and you only have one, whether you're capable or not you should try. Not happy with it, learn from it and try again till you're happy...

I've been working on my Z for almost a year now, slowly and surely it's getting close to what I want it to be and people like it. Go out and do what you like, who cares if someone's hating, if its attractive you'll get help too.

I kinda like the idea, the way i'm looking at it isn't necessarily about it keeping it alive, but maybe a new look would inspire or motivate some people to go do something. I mean if you stared at the same thing everyday you'd feel kinda dull or bored right? so who knows maybe it'll start something, hell you could prolly make something out of it by making it a contest like "design the new XMS" or vote on a new XMS theme. That should get something started.

+1
I think new background or banner would attract more members.

Kaze
06-14-2008, 05:22 PM
It's not even about attracting new members, its more about productivity, there're 31+ Users signed in right now, how many are actually doing something here? I mean, how many outta 31 are active in a project being highlighted right now? how many are taking part in the threads that the already new people start? you see what i mean? if we get new people its nice, but then you might have swarms of questions like. "how'd you get that, i never seen it before all i have is this bumblebee/baricade,where'd you get those parts etc.", not saying that I'd or anyone here would have a problem with it, but with the way things are now, hardly anyone will answer those questions or atleast point them in the right direction.

Titantaw12
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah i know the point of this thread is to motivate memeber but their could be more memebrs too.
Theres 30 memebers online but on this fourm theres 6,680 members.
Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.

creepycrawler
06-14-2008, 05:28 PM
i lost all my inthusiasm when i went to buy loads of upgrads at a local shop only to find i couldnt. i sure hope there is a new line up then id have it all again.

texan_idiot25
06-14-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah i know the point of this thread is to motivate memeber but their could be more memebrs too.
Theres 30 memebers online but on this fourm theres 6,680 members.
Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.

Your missing the point entirely. Sure there is thousands of members, that includes everyone who has come and gone. Some just come for simple help and leave.

The point is getting those 30 active members to do something.

Kaze
06-14-2008, 05:58 PM
i lost all my inthusiasm when i went to buy loads of upgrads at a local shop only to find i couldnt. i sure hope there is a new line up then id have it all again.

This is what we need to help fight, it's exactly what was said before, lack of RS parts/mods leaves the new people wanting to do something but without something there to start the fundamentals what do we do to prevent the loss of interest and to supply the fundamentals.

The experienced members here should take more of a teacher role or leader role to support the new people. I mean if you signed up and talked about there being a lack of parts and wanting some ideas, we should be able to encourage you to look around at old threads (without reviving them, because thats spam/infraction) and asking questions about how somethings are done. I mean after reading your reply I'd like to ask "have you ever thought about trying to make your own upgrades/mods?"

RS has a decent bare parts drawers in all their stores, you can easily go for a 5-6-7cell upgrade, or you can buy a 4 cell holder and relocate your powersupply. Buy some wire and upgrade to 18 or 22 gauge. I mean new people should really ask for information and try to do research, the more research compiled the more you know what you want to try and get (and the quicker you get to opening the B/S/T option to be able to look for those no longer available parts).

Of course that doesn't mean go and ask obvious questions and begin spaming yourself to 300 posts+. I mean just go do a lil research by going through the archives (the many pages in each section), you still don't understand something, ask about it you know?

Titantaw12
06-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Your missing the point entirely. Sure there is thousands of members, that includes everyone who has come and gone. Some just come for simple help and leave.

The point is getting those 30 active members to do something.

Thats what I said Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.

same as

Some just come for simple help and leave.

Kaze
06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Texan said the point was in getting the 30 active members to do something, not talking about the ones that just show up for simple help. We mean like... getting you to start a project your name's Titanaw right, so that must mean you started Xmods with a Titan. So you have a truck, why not try and make some sick Drag truck, or track truck that's faster than anything you've seen built on any Xmod Forum?

Titantaw12
06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah I have titan and F-150. The problem some/most pople might have is tring to find part to start projects. That could be the difference.

Kaze
06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I understand that, so why not make requests, go into Off-topic or general and post for help finding a specific part, or post and idea and a basic parts list needed and ask if you should need anything else you know? It's not like finding parts will hold you back, its whether you know how to ask for help on finding them, or if you have the money for them that makes problems. I myself donate stuff every now and then, so you never know who out there is willing to help out.

texan_idiot25
06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh my word you are over thinking this Titanaw.

Be creative, start a project. Use **** that you wouldn't normally use (see my DMX Dragster and S10 with their gear boxes). Take you trucks and paint them, slam them, lift them, whatever. You don't have to spend money or have to hunt down xmods parts (which there are no shortage of).

Titantaw12
06-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh my word you are over thinking this Titanaw.

Be creative, start a project. Use **** that you wouldn't normally use (see my DMX Dragster and S10 with their gear boxes). Take you trucks and paint them, slam them, lift them, whatever. You don't have to spend money or have to hunt down xmods parts (which there are no shortage of).

I do see your point of painting or something that doesn't use alot of time to find a part.

texan_idiot25
06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Then stop posting and start modding. ;)

No more "I agree with... I see your point..." posts, these are borderline spamming ONCE again.

SYNDYCATE
06-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Meh, i'm not around much anymore cuz' i got into Test Drive Unlimited, and Crysis, i'm lacking superglue for my civic project which i haven't gotten around to do it in like 3 months, and i was helping my parents buy new cars(07 Toyota Camry, and 05 Volvo S60 T5) o and BTW guys i'm still wandering this site....:D