PDA

View Full Version : custom roll cages anyone?

fordman239
06-07-2008, 01:11 PM
can anyone make a custom roll cage for me? i need it to fit an hpi firestorm 10t nitro and under the body possibly.

TwitchyVirus
06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
what would you want it made with... im doing one for my Jato 3.3 out of 1/4" aluminum stock... i dont have pics but once i get er gas welded and painted i'll get you some pics...

fordman239
06-24-2008, 06:31 AM
yes, its almost the same size. i cant send my nitro to you, too expensive, but maybe you can make one by pics? ill see when ur finished. the place that makes roll cgaes dont make um for firestorm.

stang_racer
06-24-2008, 12:25 PM
ok for a roll cage to fit under the body is pointless, do you know why???, because it will do either of 2 things, flex and hit some thing that if it wasnt under the body it wouldnt or i might catch some thing like say idk rocks can get trapped or it might bend and get at the spur gear being so close to the car its self, oh and a 3rd thing roll cages make any rc top heavy so just remember that when you go looking for one. i know im never buying one for my savage trust me, oh and if you think im lieing about all the above, i work in a hobbie shop with all nitro stuff so lol dont try saying im lieing hahahahaha but ya im not trying to be an *** or anything just warning you of the draw backs of a roll cage

edit: and dont for get added weight too so then more weight slower car, and the firestomes are kinda slow as it is lol but still fun idk how that works hahahahaha

fordman239
06-24-2008, 03:30 PM
ok for a roll cage to fit under the body is pointless, do you know why???, because it will do either of 2 things, flex and hit some thing that if it wasnt under the body it wouldnt or i might catch some thing like say idk rocks can get trapped or it might bend and get at the spur gear being so close to the car its self, oh and a 3rd thing roll cages make any rc top heavy so just remember that when you go looking for one. i know im never buying one for my savage trust me, oh and if you think im lieing about all the above, i work in a hobbie shop with all nitro stuff so lol dont try saying im lieing hahahahaha but ya im not trying to be an *** or anything just warning you of the draw backs of a roll cage

edit: and dont for get added weight too so then more weight slower car, and the firestomes are kinda slow as it is lol but still fun idk how that works hahahahaha

my firestorm is not slow by any means, great on and off road, just looking for a protection for the chassis, when i dont drive the body.

reaper
06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
i can make just about anything you want but to be honest it would be a better fit if i had the or a truck to work to and as im in the UK it would cost you a small fortune to ship
sorry man :nodno:

fordman239
06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
thats ok, im good. im gonna get a new body and use my current one as a basher. or ill try to fab up one myself. thanks for the offer.