PDA

View Full Version : hey dude, your car is on fire..

bondo
05-31-2008, 07:55 PM
with all of the bumblebee projects going around lately i thought i would give you guys a sneak peak of mine.
i still have to finish the chassis and detail,clear sand and polish the shell.
this one is hand striped for the "Old School Hot Rod" look.let me know what you guys think;)

thanks

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/surgeon/S7300224.jpg

NON_SKID
05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
that looks amazing ....

WhiteMKIV
05-31-2008, 07:59 PM
It looks good. Not really digin the blue outlines, Just my opinion

xmodkidd33
05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Great paint job, as always! I would have put some white tips on the flames to blend into the blue better, but you can do whatever you want. What plans do you have for the chassis?

firebird999
05-31-2008, 08:10 PM
that's not gonna be in the june comp, is it? i think i just crapped myself. all the competition...

oh, btw, how'd you get the grille like that?

texan_idiot25
05-31-2008, 08:13 PM
STL's white Camaro really got you going eh? :lol:

****ing sweet, that's what I think.

Titantaw12
05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Thats Sick!
The paint job makes the car way better.

imnotmikal
05-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Just **** beautiful!
So when's this gonna be in the SGK section of XI?
I want it.

suicide_star
05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
i love it dude, the blue striping is a good buffer between the flames and the white..<3 the little sadistik sticker too

Donziikid
05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd like to know how you masked the flames, if you're willing to reveal that information. :)

It looks a little too fine to be tape, but I could be wrong; liquid mask would also probably be a PITA at this small of a scale, too.

BART
05-31-2008, 09:14 PM
I like the fact that the picture was taken in the future, is it painted yet or is this what it will look like soon?

suicide_star
05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I like the fact that the picture was taken in the future, is it painted yet or is this what it will look like soon?

lol, good eye...i guess bondo's ahead of his time.

fiberworkz
05-31-2008, 09:21 PM
This is a seriously cool Bumblebee I love the blue outlines and the grille!!
What are you doing with the chassis?

I'd like to know how you masked the flames, if you're willing to reveal that information. :)

It looks a little too fine to be tape, but I could be wrong; liquid mask would also probably be a PITA at this small of a scale, too.

Here (http://www.scalewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flames_With_A_Mask) is an awesome tut on doing flames like that. Some parts are a little hard to execute but awesome just the same.:nod:

TheB1GDude
05-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Not bad! Although I kinda wish the white was black! :) But either way this bad boy will definitely win a few future COTM's.....

verticalslik
05-31-2008, 11:50 PM
That is awesome! Great colors too! I would also like to know how you did the flames ;) .

bondo
06-01-2008, 09:59 AM
that's not gonna be in the june comp, is it? i think i just crapped myself. all the competition...

oh, btw, how'd you get the grille like that?

i doubt this will make it to the next comp.
i have other stuff to finish firts;)

the grill is just a matter of painting over stock then going back with a brush and rag to wipe the spines clean.

STL's white Camaro really got you going eh? :lol:

****ing sweet, that's what I think.
believe it or not, this car has been at this state for about a month now.
i just havn't had a camera to take the pics.

Just **** beautiful!
So when's this gonna be in the SGK section of XI?
I want it.

i'm not sure if i'm going to sell this one.
i've built a few fast chassis but i've always made a shell to go with them and was too skurred to ruin anything so i might just this one to play with since i have a beater for it.
i'll let you know if i decide to sell it though;)

the body of the flames was masked the same as in the tutorial that fiberworks linked.
mask, draw,cut,spray except i wasn't happy with the flames i had so i had to re-mask and lay them out again.
to tell the truth i'm not exactly thrilled with this set of flames either but i wasn't about to remask for a third time.....

the blue on the flames was striped with a brush.
pinstriping at 1:1 scale is tricky even with a proper squirrel hair brush but doing it at 1:28 with a hobby brush is a down right PITA wich is the reason their not uniform or very straight.

it wasn't my camera and i dont think that the guy that owns it knows how to set the date......:roll:

This is a seriously cool Bumblebee I love the blue outlines and the grille!!
What are you doing with the chassis?

EVO chassis built for speed with GPM and a bunch of sadistik made stuff....you know....the usual;)

thanks for the cool feedback guys

firebird999
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
also make sure to paint everything non-gpm body color....you know....the other usual;)