PDA

View Full Version : F150 body drop help

blue504life
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
hey guys, does anyone know how to drop the F150 body as low as possible while still drivable and still on the xtruck chassis? i did some searching, nothing to extensive but i didnt find anything.

thanks
blue504life

TheB1GDude
05-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Someone and I think they are a member here has a super low one! Basically you have to get shaving and trim down as much of the inside as possible, ill take a look and see if I can find a picture of the one I'm thinking of!

noturday
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
there are so many different ways of doing it that its really hard to explain, there are about 4 different ways i've done mine over time, and its sitting on the ground. the way i have it set up right now is the best for driving around. it keeps the chassis off the ground enough to drive, and the body lowered a LOT to sit on the ground.

the thing is, its too complicated to try to explain, you just have to kinda go for it yourself and see what works for you

ling427ttvette
05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Eh, I tried the lowered truck thing.. it just doesn't work out. And I didn't even go that low with it, I just put car shock screws in it and slammed wheels with car tires, couldn't drive it on anything other than tile, which is no good for me.

My cars are mostly shelf queens, my trucks get used well.

blue504life
05-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Someone and I think they are a member here has a super low one! Basically you have to get shaving and trim down as much of the inside as possible, ill take a look and see if I can find a picture of the one I'm thinking of!

your probable thinking of darks black F150

there are so many different ways of doing it that its really hard to explain, there are about 4 different ways i've done mine over time, and its sitting on the ground. the way i have it set up right now is the best for driving around. it keeps the chassis off the ground enough to drive, and the body lowered a LOT to sit on the ground.

the thing is, its too complicated to try to explain, you just have to kinda go for it yourself and see what works for you

if its complicated i might not try but i will see

Eh, I tried the lowered truck thing.. it just doesn't work out. And I didn't even go that low with it, I just put car shock screws in it and slammed wheels with car tires, couldn't drive it on anything other than tile, which is no good for me.

My cars are mostly shelf queens, my trucks get used well.

i have tried to lower them that way just doesnt work out good, no suspension travel

okoye
06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
the lowest trucks on here are my f150 and noturdays f150 mine was the lowest all the time allround driveable

noturday
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
the lowest trucks on here are my f150 and noturdays f150 mine was the lowest all the time allround driveable

yeah, yeah, yeah... i'm workin on mine again, puttin camber in it and i found a way to make the front clip lower and adjustable :p it will be driveable at any height soon ;) the rear end seems to keep throwing me curveballs tho, its wierd.

after i get it all worked out i'll post up some pics of how i did it all

xmodkidd33
06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Has anyone tried cutting springs and the female end of the shock setup down? That should make the suspension lower.

TheXmodifyer
06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Youd have to trim the male to If you want it to fully compress. I just drilled out the female ends and it worked great. I'd say Consult Noturday for this question! He has one badass F-150 thats low low low! SO whatever he says, listen to him.

taiwanesekid05
06-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I got the body pretty low, but it doesn't drive. Just a shelf queen. Just replace the truck spring/ knuckle screws with car ones and cut down the rear clip holder and remove the front clip.

stangdude94
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
you could remove the top skrews on th suspencion arms (c atached img )

and put the car skrew in instead that will lower the chasic and the body to realy low and still drivably pluss its free

noturday
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
actually, if you look at my chassis you'll see that there's really not a while lot done to it, my truck is mostly body dropped, and that only has to do with the clips.

here are some pics of the front end (rear end is getting a little bit of work atm)
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/xmods%20trucks/DSC06127.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/xmods%20trucks/DSC06129.jpg
the front clip is adjustable, it is in the "driveable" position in the pics, all the way down is the "slammed" position. as you can see though, the front end just has the lowering shock tower and car tires

and the back (before i took it apart of course) had the stock shock tower, car suspension screws, car tires, and i think maybe a spacer between the shock tower and chassis, but i cant remember right now.

bondo
06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
cant get much lower then on the ground.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/P6270046.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/p6270044.jpg

it isnt driveable yet because i had plans for a faux airbag system but i think imma nix it and get it finished;).

okoye
06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
yea mine was front kit scraping sideskirt draggin mean machine. i have an idea for air bag type setup but i need to work out the kinks lol