PDA

View Full Version : the cobra's new look

noturday
05-26-2008, 12:09 PM
well its not quite done yet, but it was close enough to do a mock up of everything and take a decent picture of it

before:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/Xmods/DSC05579.jpg

after:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/Xmods/DSC06088.jpg

i have to re-do the clear coat on the main shell, and do a little touch up on the front bumper, but overall, its pretty much done. if i can find my stripes sticker sheet i might put the same stripes back on it, but i cant seem to find it...hmmm

texan_idiot25
05-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Frickin' clean looking dude. The gunmetal works well on that car.

Tmaxxn3
05-26-2008, 01:12 PM
beautiful
thats all i have to say.

greekone
05-26-2008, 03:53 PM
It came out really nice and I love the paint.

noturday
05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate it, i'm hoping to get the paint all fixed up some time tmrw or something, it should turn out even better afterwards, and i'll get more pics then

SkysTheLimit
05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
It looks great! The color change is very welcome in my books. Such a mean car now :)

stang_racer
05-26-2008, 08:39 PM
**** i like that gun metal color alot!!!!! looks great and clean!!!! but for the stripes with you have black i think black would look better than white against the gun metal

Scionbeave
05-26-2008, 09:07 PM
NICE!!! I Love It!!! i think that if you put scion bk rims on it that it would look even better.

Mooshu_Beef
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Usually it is hard to get the flake appearance to show let alone on camera. VERY NICE job there :D

noturday
05-26-2008, 10:56 PM
thanks guys, im hoping to finish it tmrw and have a lot more pics of it, and some from the rear and stuff.

@ stang_racer - the stripes are silver and would probably look pretty sick against the grey

@ scionbeave - the only scion bk rims i have are on my 09 camaro and they arent coming off of that for this car.

snowboi1289
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
It looks nice.
But there is like to much flakes,its kinda to sparly. It still looks really nice.

noturday
05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
its the same exact paint that i had on the f150 and nobody said anything about it being sparkly haha i think it looks fine, the flakes arent any bigger than any of the other metallic cars i've painted

snowboi1289
05-26-2008, 11:47 PM
It looks nice,ofcourse,but I'm not a real big fan of sparkly cars.I like glossy colors and candy paint alot.

F-100CuStOmCaB
05-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I don't see it being to sparkly all I see is a very well painted and very cool looking SVT COBRA!! NICE JOB;):) Can't wait to see the whole thing, color looks good on it.

BlackSky909
05-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Sexxy! Cobra, my all time favorite.

xmodificationer
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
where does everyone get that color?!

noturday
05-27-2008, 12:16 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. im about to go fix the paint on it now. i should have pics of it up later today, and if i can find those stripes i'll see what they look like on it

where does everyone get that color?!
i got this color at walmart in the automotive section before they decided to stop selling automotive paint in spray cans, but you can still get it at autozone, orielly, advance, or any other auto parts store.
i saw 4 different shades of dark metallic grey at auto zone when i went to get more primer for this car. $5 for a small can of paint tho, i figured i had enough left in this can at home haha.

blue504life
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
car looks great, all it needs is some cobra wheels

Jalengrayson
05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
you have always had incredible paint skills!!!

nice

noturday
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
thanks guys, ironically you say i have incredible paint skills and this car is giving me hell. it did the same thing it had done before with the paint, but this time its a little worse. i think i can fix it a different way though, i guess we'll find out soon enough right? haha
i just have to let the new clear coat cure again then i'll try fixing it tmrw

if i could find some cobra wheels i would put them on here, but these will have to do for now haha

stang_racer
05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
oh sorry lol did look bearly atall close at the before pic lol sorry my bad, idk imo black would look better then you would have the whole gone in 60 seconds kinda look perfectly except for the fact that its a newer corbra instead of old

blue504life
05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
if i could find some cobra wheels i would put them on here, but these will have to do for now haha

i have some saleen wheels that kinda look like the cobra r wheels if your interested, they are not the best for driving but goods show wheels

noturday
05-27-2008, 10:03 PM
i was talkin with STL earlier and we decided the best rims for it would be 4 front tc bk rims. they're color matched already haha i might have to try to get some of those

blue504life
05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
i was talkin with STL earlier and we decided the best rims for it would be 4 front tc bk rims. they're color matched already haha i might have to try to get some of those

they would look good

heres what i have, if your interested
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/blue504life/CIMG0623.jpg

noturday
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
those do look like cobra rims, but not the kind i'm really looking for. i threw the 5 star chrome rims on it to see what you guys think. the paint messed up even more when i tried to fix it yesterday, so that was disappointing, but i fixed it as best i could. the windows are still a little messed up, but i'm done messing with it now haha. i also found my stripes sticker sheet, so i got those put on and i think they look great.

pics:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/Xmods/DSC06091.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/Xmods/DSC06092.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/noturday/Xmods/DSC06093.jpg

stang_racer
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
does the front disc not fit???, not too bad but i think that your right that the right rim for this is the tc bk wheels but do the rear ones for the rear not all no dish wheels, gotta have some dish lol idk i turned my classic style rims around on the back and painted the spoke and i though it looked pretty good imo. let me know if you want a pic of mine to see if the dish would suit your cobra!

noturday
05-28-2008, 04:13 PM
the deep dish stick out too far in the rear though, i've tried them. and no, i have alum knuckles up front so the disks dont fit right.

im just gonna stick with the hot rod style rims for now

SkysTheLimit
05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
It came out great! Your pictures show no imperfections with the windows and the paint looks better than ever. Great job fixing whatever might have gone wrong, haha.

As a suggestion, the red 3rd brakelight does give excellent contrast. However I'd suggest tinting it; not blacking it out completely as that would be too dark. But if you could tone the shade down somehow I think it would look even better.

Even if you don't do anything with it, still looks awesome.

noturday
05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
It came out great! Your pictures show no imperfections with the windows and the paint looks better than ever. Great job fixing whatever might have gone wrong, haha.

As a suggestion, the red 3rd brakelight does give excellent contrast. However I'd suggest tinting it; not blacking it out completely as that would be too dark. But if you could tone the shade down somehow I think it would look even better.

Even if you don't do anything with it, still looks awesome.

haha, strategic pictures show no flaws my friend

yeah i've been thinking about making it darker. as soon as i unmasked it i was thinking it was too bright, i just havnt gotten around to doing anything with it yet. i'll keep you posted