PDA

View Full Version : iwaivers what are they ???

stangdude94
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
To me i think they look like knock off mini-z what do u guys think ?
are they worth 50 off ebay?
Are the electrics wotrh ripping out of to put in an xmods??
will the bodys fit xmods???

TheB1GDude
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow lots of questions...

Yes they are a Kyosho Mini-Z clone, however a lot more work has been put into them than your typical clone so you have a lot more options available.

The parts in them aren't as good as a Mini-Z but you can move the ESC out of one and into an XMOD this will allow you to use a pro-controller and actually the iWavier isn't all that bad!

I believe (same as with the Mini-Z autoscale bodies) most of the iWaver bodies can be adapted to fit an XMOD, however iWavier bodies are a little cheap and flimsy and not as detailed as a Mini-Z.

$50 seems a pretty good price....

Take a look at:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22537

For more info...

Basically if you are into XMODS but want something better and can't afford Mini-Z's get an iWavier....

stangdude94
05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
thanks for the info

i am just wondering if they are mini z clones why would some people like mini zs over them

TheB1GDude
05-23-2008, 03:58 PM
The Z is just better overall quality which is why people prefer them.

However that being said the iWaiver is a cheap alternative and I believe it was so successful some made an even cheaper clone of it!

greekone
05-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, the quality and finish on the iwaver or nanoracer2.0 isn't as good as the Mini-z but, the iwaver controller is a million times better then the Mini-z one.

TheB1GDude
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Agreed! I have a team losi and an iwavier for my two mini-z I was going to buy stocks one but I figured why bother!

coolcar24th
05-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Just to let yall know for those of you who might be wondering, a firelap is another mini-z clone. However firelaps arent as good quality as the iwavers.

2wdpancar
05-24-2008, 12:03 AM
The iWaver plastics are around xmod level, a tad better, but not as good as Kyosho.
The FETs are bad, most use a Spider or stack the fets on them, as stock fets are pretty weak.:)

TheB1GDude
05-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Firelap that was the name! Seriously who would make a knock off of a knock off but get whatever floats your boat!

Like blt said you can can do a fair amount to them but if you have the cash get the Z! I have 2 and they are sweet! Donzii has an awesome one with a nelly and blt just bought himself a rather sweet one!

2wdpancar
05-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Firelap that was the name! Seriously who would make a knock off of a knock off but get whatever floats your boat!

Like blt said you can can do a fair amount to them but if you have the cash get the Z! I have 2 and they are sweet! Donzii has an awesome one with a nelly and blt just bought himself a rather sweet one!

Yeah, don't even waste away on the iWaver, Kyosho is the one and only, the others try to make copies of Kyosho.
Why?
Because Kyosho's chassis was freakin' baller, that's why.
And yeah Andrew, just hooked myself up with my b-day present, should be a quick little sucker when I'm done with it.

miraclemart.com and look there, 52 a pop plus 7 shipping.....:)

stangdude94
05-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Blt would u know if i could get a mini z board on an iwaver

if so how much would u sell a stock board for ?

also i read on line that iwaiver bodys are lighter than mini z true or false ?

and also some of the iwaiver parts match mini z parts so could i not up grade the iwaiver parts to mini z ?

and if iwaivers are better than xmods but not as good as a mini z i think i might get one any way the look awesome and for the price y not

i would have a total of 78 dollars including shiping (cuz they come from japan opr china i cant remeber)

i would get a mini z but dont have the cash now maby i will ask for one for christmas

2wdpancar
05-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't know if I want to part with all of them, one member already wants one, and that might be the only one I'm willing to part with.
Otherwise, look in miracle mart for the iaver/EnjoyRC PCB with 4562 FET already on the pcb.
That's 21 bucks, pretty cheap and good fet's, like a 2x1 layer of MOSFETs.