PDA

View Full Version : Adding Capacitors

SuperFastSupra
01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
I was surfing the web and came across an x-mod hop up that said it gave a speed boost to you x-mod It looked like two Capacitors wired together and conected to the battery pack could someone tell me how to make one

viperdout
01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I was surfing the web and came across an x-mod hop up that said it gave a speed boost to you x-mod It looked like two Capacitors wired together and conected to the battery pack could someone tell me how to make one

Uhhhhh, never seen it. You sure it wasn't a 6 cell upgrade and those weren't AAAs?

SuperFastSupra
01-21-2005, 11:11 PM
yeah i am sure it was not cause I have a six sell it was called Nos or something like that.

stk
01-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Are you talkin about the nitro charger on xmodspeed.com?

SuperFastSupra
01-22-2005, 11:13 AM
yeah thats it how can I make one?

BlackSky909
01-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I hear that that xmodpseed the owner was a flako and that nitr chrger wasnt anygood. In a matter a fact I don't see it around much anymore.

viperdout
01-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I hear that that xmodpseed the owner was a flako and that nitr chrger wasnt anygood. In a matter a fact I don't see it around much anymore.

Well, a cap does the same ****ed thing for one, and two, Xmod Speed kept most people's money and never sent ****.

BlackSky909
01-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I meant fako no flako. fako as in yes a **** scammer

arron07
01-23-2005, 10:46 AM
:D :D :D you can get them at a whole load o sites just look around....they are two compasitiors line them in a series and "boost" dont work tho :x :x :x

gearhead
01-24-2005, 08:24 AM
what do the capcitators actualy do

arron07
01-24-2005, 08:51 AM
compasitors store energy and they let it go when you press the throttel..

viperdout
01-24-2005, 03:41 PM
compasitors store energy and they let it go when you press the throttel..

Kinda. Caps get energy when your car coasts. Your xmod motor is actually a very small generator. When spun, it outputs electricity, which can damage the board (why a cap is put there). The cap absorbs the energy outputted, and dumps it back in the moment the motor gets sent electricity (it draws, therefore it also draws out the cap). The reasoning for the big cap is that it'll store a lot of energy, and dump it in when you hit lag (when you hit the throttle and you don't quite take off fast, kind of like turbo lag), it dumps energy in, taking up the slack. If it works, dunno, haven't tried it. In theory, yes, but I haven't seen really conclusive tests.

gearhead
01-24-2005, 05:01 PM
ok that make sence so if i would add another one i would end up with better acceleration

viperdout
01-24-2005, 05:16 PM
ok that make sence so if i would add another one i would end up with better acceleration

Nah. cut off the old oe and add a bigger one if anything.

arron07
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
you ad the caps into your batery wires not your motor...but yes there are caps on your motor to reduse the elecctrical sound that interfeers with your servo

skeeter
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
I agree with viper caps store energy, they help out when there is a sudden power demand.Alot of ppl use very large caps in high power stero systems to prevent distorstion when deep base notes are hit.In my system im running 2 15s behind the back seat and 2 12s in the back seat and when its cranked up and it hit a large beat or base note the headlights dilm.By adding a large caps it elemenates the sudden power drop.So i can see how they might give a small boost if used correct on a motor.Also if you get signal noise in a car stero you can put a cap in line to your radio or eq to reduce the noise..

arron07
01-24-2005, 09:41 PM
yep :D

viperdout
01-24-2005, 09:49 PM
you ad the caps into your batery wires not your motor...but yes there are caps on your motor to reduse the elecctrical sound that interfeers with your servo

Again, kind of right. Your tan one is actually a noise-canceller, but the black one does collect voltage that's outputted during coasting, and keeps it from going back through your board and frying it.

gearhead
01-26-2005, 04:06 PM
so back to the original question now that i have a better understanding of it so al i realy have to do is add a bigger one on. what if you do like they said before and solder 2 decently sized ones of them togather. would that be better than 1 big one

viperdout
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
so back to the original question now that i have a better understanding of it so al i realy have to do is add a bigger one on. what if you do like they said before and solder 2 decently sized ones of them togather. would that be better than 1 big one

If you really want to, just do one.