PDA

View Full Version : how much is this worth?

bestdragon2001
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I have this pro-pulse it has the aluminum upgrade, velcro mounted mini-t body
new stiffer and wider tires, rims painted black, stock electronics, battery and charger, needs the screw that goes in the knuckle. it works great though things are pretty scratched up but that happens, anyways how much is it worth. I have more than $300 in it.

Donziikid
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
A good rule of thumb when trying to sell something is knock off %20-30 of what you invested into it. If I were to try and sell that ProPulse, I would list it for somewhere around $230; although you probably won't get that much for a used, and apperantly quite scratched ProPulse. I'd estimate you'd get somewhere around $150, at least that's what I would pay for it.

Most_Wanted
04-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry Donzii, I have to disagree. From the other hobby grade RC sites that I visit, I would say the rule of thumb is more like around 40-60% of the value of everything put into it, depending on overall condition/use. If it's in great condition you may get $150 but you have to remember that it's only a propulse, and some much better quality trucks only go for that much.

Donziikid
04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry Donzii, I have to disagree. From the other hobby grade RC sites that I visit, I would say the rule of thumb is more like around 40-60% of the value of everything put into it, depending on overall condition/use. If it's in great condition you may get $150 but you have to remember that it's only a propulse, and some much better quality trucks only go for that much.

You're not allowed to disagree! :mad: :lol: Just kidding. :D

I've always gone with 20-30% and have sold things fairly easily but the things I have sold were darn near perfect condition. However, people are more willing to purchase things at a lower price, and I probably would have sold those things quicker at a lower price. :shrug:

Go with M_W's rule of thumb. He's probably more accurate than my 20-30%. :bigwink:

bestdragon2001
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
The thing is that I just got the aluminum for christmas and it is brand new, the aluminum was $160 by itself, i kinda want to get $200 for it.

Sweed
04-30-2008, 08:52 PM
The thing is that I just got the aluminum for christmas and it is brand new, the aluminum was $160 by itself, i kinda want to get $200 for it.

Part it out.
You can sometimes make much more money that way.

Most_Wanted
04-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree with Sweed, if you part it out you have a better chance of getting more of your money back. The only problem is having to making numerous deals as opposed to just one, and you could get stuck with some of it. If the parts are in good shape, make sure to take lots of pics as well as describe everything accurately, that can definitely help you out with the sales as well.