PDA

View Full Version : possible gear problems

boombacloud
01-17-2005, 01:50 PM
I bought the NSX and have upgraded to AWD, Stage 2 road race motor, and bearings. The problem I'm experiencing is occasionally, the car will not reverse. Also, it is not going very fast when moving forward. (compared to a friend's car with the exact same mods and engine...he spanks me). The motor also seems to be making a higher pitched noise than friends cars as well. What's the deal? Any help is much appreciated.

Edit:

Also, when I turn the gear that comes out of the motor, it feels like it is slightly binding hear and there, where as my friends car turns smoothly without this slight binding feeling.

BlackSky909
01-17-2005, 02:21 PM
When the motor makes that high pitched sound that means it is working har. makse sure ur driveshaft is in ok and the back gear is correctly.

viperdout
01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
USE THE EDIT BUTTON IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD. Your motor, BTW, probably isn't screwed down right. Are you using the yellow bevel with the yellow motor?

BlackSky909
01-17-2005, 11:15 PM
viper i dont think the motor will turn with different combinations i tried them out. well ateleast they wont work without losinig the motor mount

viperdout
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
viper i dont think the motor will turn with different combinations i tried them out. well ateleast they wont work without losinig the motor mount

The yellow/blue work together, but not very well.

BlackSky909
01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
and my firend was suing the blue and red it worked but had 2 loosen motor and it sounded weird

mustang guy
02-07-2005, 06:15 PM
that is total balonie my car has the yellow motor and blue gear and it goes up to around 25 with fully charged batteries

the blue gear has less teeth which makes it easier for the yellow motor to start spinning. result. better torque:)

viperdout
02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
that is total balonie my car has the yellow motor and blue gear and it goes up to around 25 with fully charged batteries

the blue gear has less teeth which makes it easier for the yellow motor to start spinning. result. better torque:)

Wrong. Gears work the opposite way. The smaller the pinion, the more the torque can spread out over the area, but at the cost of speed. The blue bevel gear has less teeth so your xmod actually has LESS torque. Go drop in a stage 2 Red with the Red bevel and you'll be amazed.

Blacksky, that's because the gears are improperly meshed.