PDA

View Full Version : airbrush?

Patrol
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
do you guys have suggestions on what sort of airbrush to use? I'm mostly gonna use it on Xmods and other plastics. :-?

Donziikid
04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
It's not really the airbrush that will work with the plastic as much as the paints will. As long as the airbrush can lay the proper paints in a nice-looking-way, then it'll do. What you want to stray away from are the cheap $25 ones you see at Wal-Mart/Meijer. If you're going to get into airbrushing, make the proper investment and purchase a "hobby grade" airbrush.

I use a paasche airbrush, as well Bondo uses paasche. I haven't gone into as much detail as Bondo has with his, but, we both use close to the same airbrush. More specifically, I use a Paasche VL (http://www.dick-blick.com/items/250/10/25010-0300-3ww-l.jpg), but I'm not exactly sure what Bondo uses.

Check out your local hobby shop and ask them what type of airbrushes they supply and what sort of replacement/addon parts they sell. They may also sell some books that will get you started.

SkysTheLimit
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
If you're looking for a good all-round airbrush I use the Badger Crescendo (my recent paintjobs have not been with this, actually you guys haven't seen any of the work I've done with it) but it works great and gets thicker paints through than a cheaper airbrush. Just make sure you do the research on the airbrush before you buy it.