PDA

View Full Version : Run now: CTS Coupe is here!

xmodkidd33
04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
It's finally here. :D I love this car. Texan, start drooling:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-breaking-the-rules/8152107+w315+cr1+re0+ar1/cadillac-cts-coupe-concept.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-breaking-the-rules/8152119+w315+cr1+re0+ar1/cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-rear.jpg

The grand finale of GM's Cadillac press conference was the moment everyone had been waiting for. After a brief introduction from Bob Lutz, who ziplined in from his secret lair in the RenCen, the hotly anticipated Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept rolled onstage, with design head Ed Welburn riding 'gun. The Coupe blends the CTS sedan's face with a new, wedge-shaped 2-door body that finishes off with what Ed described as a "hint of Cadillac fin" in the arrangement of the taillamps. The concept's rear had a single central exhaust outlet whose shape is a nod to the chevrons used to dress up the current CTS interior. Speaking of the interior, the CTS was dressed in black with maize-colored sueded accents and contrast stitching. In another departure from the sedan, the 2-door CTS has sportier, deeper seats. Welburn was intentionally vague abour powertrains, saying it could be powered by a number of existing ones (i.e. the ones in the CTS sedan) as well as a diesel. The car, according to him, was born out of the extra efforts of his design team, who penned the Coupe for fun after the sedan was finished and never stopped refining it. It got to a point where the a concept was approved, and though no mention of a production version was made, this looks like a sure thing in our opinion. Video of the live reveal is available after the jump, as well as Cadillac's official press release.

Autoblog's article. (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/detroit-2008-cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-2-doors-is-better-than/)

Motor Trend's article. (http://blogs.motortrend.com/6227003/auto-shows/cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-breaking-the-rules/index.html)

theoriganalRiD3R1967
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
not bad, but i'm still lik'en the sedan...

taiwanesekid05
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Errm... Nice front end, not digging the back end. It's weird for me.

123Vette
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
front is nice hate the back with a passion. they have the xlr whats the need of this?

theoriganalRiD3R1967
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
the back end reminds me of the chrysler crossfire, but doesn't look nearly as good...

Jalengrayson
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
I like the front...but the back looks

WAY to future like...

Stampedekid
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Forget Texan(well not really Tex) I am drooling(being sarcastic). I love the looks of this new car!

texan_idiot25
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
front is nice hate the back with a passion. they have the xlr whats the need of this
Because the XLR is old, doesn't look as good, no where near as nice inside, and the CTS has been destined, and wanted as a coupe since that body style hit the streets. The XLR is based off the Corvette, and meant to be a sporty ROADSTER. This is a comfortable, luxurious, but as you can know expect, performance COUPE. And, do expect a 550hp V edition as well.

And I bet you all 20 bucks it will be named CTC. If you have ever given Cadillac's lettered naming any thought:

CTS Catera Touring Sedan
STS SeVille Touring Sedan
DTS DeVille Touring Sedan

XLR XLDoesn't denote Cadilac's past 90s performance roadster, but R for Roadster

SRX Again, SR doesn't denote any past Cadi model, but X works great for X-Over, aka the Cross-over.

ETC El Dorado Touring Coupe, a special edition of the 90s El Dorado, Cadlillac's last Coupe. And, a fine one at that. The 4.6L Northstar DOHC all aluminum V8 pumped just over 300 HP at 6000 RPM, and with Cadi's magnetic suspension, it handled very well for the car's size. And a **** fine looking car IMO, I was hunting for one before I found the CST/10.

So naturally, CTC, Catera Touring Coupe.

Lucky7
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I love the look of the car except the back end. That second pic really makes me go, huh? It looks short and fat, kinda reminds me of the way they shortened the caddies many moons ago by simply hacking off the rear end. Other than that it looks awesome.