PDA

View Full Version : Paintball guns

BlackSky909
01-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey guys i am thinking about trading in my spyder xtra for like another gun.. e99 is in my head but not sure. any1have any suggestions?

skyline-rsx392
01-17-2005, 10:53 AM
How about a PYRANA and by the way this is an Xmods website not a paintball guns website

c-flo77
01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
How about a PYRANA and by the way this is an Xmods website not a paintball guns website

Hey man, this is the off-topic section, k

BlackSky909
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
yea skyline that is a smack for u this is in off-topic and pyrana's suck

gibson_192003
01-17-2005, 08:43 PM
u shud get an airsoft gun instead

Team AMG
01-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Paintball guns are cheaper. A basic airsoft package is about $400, you can get a top of the line custom made paintball gun for that. And then you have to have community support, if there's more paintballers than airsofters, why buy an expensive gun?

BlackSky909
01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
That is true i dont wnat a airsoft

Team AMG
01-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Besides, paintball guns are easier to work on, fewer things can go wrong with them. Everytime my airsoft gun breaks down it costs me $25 an hour to have some pimple face at Hobbytown fix it for me.

BlackSky909
01-17-2005, 11:07 PM
lol it is funny as hell how u say it.. " some pimple face to fix it" lol i think imma et a spyder imagine or a spyder e99 avanti

teaminsomnia
01-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Paintball guns are cheaper. A basic airsoft package is about $400, you can get a top of the line custom made paintball gun for that. And then you have to have community support, if there's more paintballers than airsofters, why buy an expensive gun?

oh god. i just quit serious paintball. number 1. 400 dollars is hardly trop of the linea non custom gun can go from 20 dollars to 1,600+ http://shocktechusa.com/pages/mrk_index_dm4.html (be prepared to get a job. i did). second my custom impulse was 1,150 and i did no cosmetic upgrades, only performance. i also never finished. third if u get a nice gun youll need compressed air instead of co2. compressed air can go from about 75 - 500+. also if youre gun is fast youll need a nice hopper. those are 80 for an eggy2 with z board (best value) now consider this. youre gun is shooting 10 bps (balls per second) if you just started! (i hit 21 at my best time) so youre spending 40.00 dollars for 2000 paintballs and using them in 1 hour.

conclusion.

get a spyder imaginefor 110.00. easy gun to fix/upgrade and goes 13 bps out of the box. then a 75 dollar compressed air tsnk (crossfire. never aci or pmi) a 20 dollar v force mask which works great. an eggy 2 which is 65. and a java slam 5 harness which is 20 bucks.
total 290.00 anyways dont get co2 or cheap hoppers ever. youll just buy new ones right when its not fast/good enough and now you wasted money.
my email is [email protected] if you have any other questions.

ps. airsoft paintballs rarely break on people. airsoft is horrible. ive tried it.
pps. theres paintball guns called the trilogy series. theyre all hype and noone likes htem. never buy them.

Team AMG
01-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Here's my airsoft rifle...

http://www.xmodsource.com/forums/album_thumbnail.php?pic_id=579

It's a Tokyo Marui based Knights Amament SR-16, with a Hurricane E metal body, upgraded gearbox, high torque gears, m120 spring, bore up chamber, polycarbonate piston with an aluminum silent head, Sun Systems gas M203 40mm gernade launcher (with two 168 round shells), Scorpion tac light, and BSA red dot scope. I have an ALQ-66 night scope for this, as well as a sniper scope. Currently it's shooting 450fps because of the local game requirements, but in open games I've shot as hard as 620 fps in sniper mode (m160 spring, 12 volt battery pack). Range is about 75-100 yards typically but I've gotten kills outward of 170 yards. Rate of fire with this set up is between 700 and 900 rounds per minute, or 15 rounds sustained per second. Since the gun compresses it's own air no tank is required, but the rig weights in at 14 lbs. Tyr carrying that on a 4 hour scenario.
BB's are cheap, the .25g pro quality bb's are $4.25 per thousand, and I'll shoot maybe two thousand per game. I have an electrically fed "W" mag that holds 600 rounds, and then I carry between 6 and 8 stock mages with 68 rounds each. I have well over $1400 into this one rifle, and I have 2 others that are similar. I also have a gas bvlowback Glock 19 and a M1911 that I use as sidearms.
I've never played paintball, I have 11 acres that I let guys come and play on all the time, I watch but I don't join. Their games draw between 50 and 100 players usually, we had a good turn out in September that had 175 guys, and they had a blast. The airsoft community here is larger than the paintball community, we have over 400 active members and the biggent event on my property drew 230 players for a two day event. Generally we have about the same number of guys as the paintball guys, our guys just don't play every weekend.
Airsoft is more of a game of calculations, this is from what I've seen on my land at least, they don't rush in and charge like the paintball guys do. It's not unusual for an airsoft scenario to last 4 hours, paintball lasts less than half an hour tops. The paintball guns I've seen are all in the $400-$600 dollar range, and shoot about 350-400 fps on my chrono, they have no fps limits like we do, you can do more damage with a solid 6mm plastic bb than with a paintball (unless it's cold, then a frozen ball hurts like crap). It's just a matter of where you are as to what's more popular.

BlackSky909
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
That is nice I am going to go ahead and buy an airsoft gun from www.airsoftguns.com. Or does anyone else know a good site where to get one?

gibson_192003
01-25-2005, 05:27 PM
if ur going to spend lots of money on one u should get Classic Army Full Metal M4 R.I.S. AEG Airsoft Rifle
from www.shortyusa.com and then u should get a small backup gun in case u get really close to sum1 and if u want to spend little buy a spring rifle or an electric auto like the

Neonfire P90 V2 Full Auto AEG

gibson_192003
01-25-2005, 05:27 PM
if ur going to spend lots of money on one u should get Classic Army Full Metal M4 R.I.S. AEG Airsoft Rifle
from www.shortyusa.com and then u should get a small backup gun in case u get really close to sum1 and if u want to spend little buy a spring rifle or an electric auto like the

Neonfire P90 V2 Full Auto AEG

BlackSky909
01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
naw man i am not going to get all crazy about it

gibson_192003
01-25-2005, 09:34 PM
thats unfourtunate its always nice wen i see ppl getting guns and to know that i might have helped but o well ive done that enuf with my friends (if i have any)

Team AMG
01-25-2005, 10:03 PM
www.airsoftclan.com is pretty cheap, I've never had any complaints from them even though they're overseas. About the P90, it's a good gun but my experience is that it's not as good a side arm as the Cobray M11A1 GBB. Also, the Classic Army is a great choice for a first weapon, the newer gearbox is better than most other AEG's and it already has a metal body.

BlackSky909
01-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Kool , it looks like to me AMG that you know alot of the airsoft guns. Do they have like any fields over there sort of like paintball?And thanks for the site I will check it out now.

Team AMG
01-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I own 11 partially wooded acres with an old youth camp on it, there's 5 buildings and some old cars, the fuselage of an old helicopter, an old city bus, and an area called "the mounds" that are just piles of dirt where you can retreat to if you get outnumbered. The cover varies from really thick low brush to oak trees that are several hundred years old. We have a small lake and a dam, and large rock piles. it's divided into three sections, one is where my house is and is off limits to play, the other two are of the youth camp and the beaver pond area, of the two the youth camp gets more play because of the buildings. The helicopter is an old Huey and is on a stand that can be wheeled around with my lawn tractor, so we sometimes do a sort of "Blackhawk Down" scenario where everyone gets out of the copter and get into the fight. One rule though: No shooting me on the lawn tractor. We've done a few hostage rescue deals with the bus, and it also serves as an aircraft for hijacking scenarios.

BlackSky909
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Holy crap man that is so kool! Are you training to be a cop or something? If not that is still cool to do I will do that if I was training to do something or not. Anyways man you lucky you live where is seems to me that is not conjested. I live near the city there are no woods or anything like that.

Skyline Racer 2005
01-26-2005, 07:39 PM
i traded my tippmann 98 coustom for a Prinaha EVO i love that gun ( its fun to shoot thingas with it) paintball is my second favorite hobby my evo shoot 15rps its a really fast gun

Team AMG
01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Holy crap man that is so kool! Are you training to be a cop or something? If not that is still cool to do I will do that if I was training to do something or not. Anyways man you lucky you live where is seems to me that is not conjested. I live near the city there are no woods or anything like that.

Cop...um...no. I'm an attorney, I deal with criminal law putting the guys, including cops, in jail for screwing up. I have a lot of racing interests that I wish would pay the bills but instead I need a good job to support them...like slot cars, XMODS, 1/10th scale R/C, USAC midgets...