PDA

View Full Version : just for fun

firebird999
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
i think it would be cool to elect the "forum president." as i said, it's just for fun, they don't need any benefits or anything, just maybe having their member title changed to "president" until the next election. i just think it would be fun campaigning and then eventually voting on the real-life election day (but this is annual, not quad annual). we can have the two main parties, (Importicans and Domesticrats) and then up to 10 or 20 or whatever 3rd parties. what do you say? keep in mind it's just for fun.

2wdpancar
04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
You know what that causes, the days before the hack, one "leader" is one admin, there are already a few admin, those are the Presidents.

Funny, one guy talks about sucking up to mods, then Presidential election over a toy car forum?
You guys are taking advantage of this place, use it for what it's made to do.

imnotmikal
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
:lol:
This would be fun, BUT on the contrary, I think this could create from contraversy where people take it too serious.

firebird999
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
blt- what is an online forum made to do but entertain and inform?
knvictd- with no benefits whatsoever those serious people would just be considered whiny little babies, i don't see what can go wrong.

xmodkidd33
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
It would be interesting until a flame war erupts.

WhiteMKIV
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
LOL domesticrats lol thats awsome

imnotmikal
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Right, forums are for edutainment.
Not edutainolitics. (edutainment + politics)

xmodkidd33
04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Right, forums are for edutainment.
Not edutainolitics. (edutainment + politics)

Yep, I believe somewhere in the rules there was something about no political talk.

I still think it would be an okay idea though. Spin-off forum, anyone? :D

EDIT:

ORANGE 7.No Religious/Political Discussions
there are far too many immature members here to have any kind of religous or poilitical discussions.
i has been proven many times in the past that the general member population cant handle discussion that have a tendency to get heated quickly in any kind of mature fasion.

firebird999
04-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Yep, I believe somewhere in the rules there was something about no political talk.

I still think it would be an okay idea though. Spin-off forum, anyone? :D

well, how could this be considered political talk, it's not like clinton's gonna be running.
(plus that rule is pretty loose, i had my obama '08 avatar up for a few weeks and no one cared)

Surgeon
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
How do you know Obama isn't a member?

Al Gore invented xmods, and George Bush invaded germany for them.

Leave it to Hillary and they will have new emmission restrictions put on them. And McCain is racing in Deleware "YEEEHAW!"

Joking aside, this is kind of pointless. I think everyone elected Bondo for president awhile back, and it hasn't been 4 years, and there isn't enough evidence to impeach him.

WhiteMKIV
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
righto

DrIfToRDIe
04-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I would be up for it im in importicats or whatev.

Surgeon
04-14-2008, 09:44 PM
He ran on paint! J/k.................scince you were on discussion of presidents Surgeon, It takes a Clinton to fix a Bush's mistake :bigwink:

Don't go there, I hit everyone of the current politicians in my post, but don't get started on this one is better than that one. That is how fights break out. ;)

firebird999
04-14-2008, 09:48 PM
well yes, but this song bangs on everyone (but one 3rd party...) better than you did, so it's cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsfxlWk4Ic
all politicians are crooks!