PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts(Probally gonna get banned though)

DrIfToRDIe
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok now this bugs so much,why is it that mostly EVERYONE just sucks up to the Mods?Honestly,like someone in a thread is like "OMG that r so SHWEEEET that r like 1 of da best xmods evur."to one of the mods even if they did bad.Know to a different normal member if it was bad they would be like"OMG u suk go play with ur zip zaps."WTF! I mean not everyone does this but dude!There thinkin that you have to suck up so much or you get the Ban Hammer!Really I just think of the mods as normal people like me.Not no super Juggernaut/King guy.So these are my opinions and if I get banned than I guess too bad

Donziikid
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok now this bugs so much,why is it that mostly EVERYONE just sucks up to the Mods?Honestly,like someone in a thread is like "OMG that r so SHWEEEET that r like 1 of da best xmods evur."to one of the mods even if they did bad.Know to a different normal member if it was bad they would be like"OMG u suk go play with ur zip zaps."WTF! I mean not everyone does this but dude!There thinkin that you have to suck up so much or you get the Ban Hammer!Really I just think of the mods as normal people like me.Not no super Juggernaut/King guy.So these are my opinions and if I get banned than I guess too bad

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, Drift. Who are you to say that's not their actual opinion? Maybe it is their actual opinion; that doesn't mean you have to agree and say it's the best thing ever. That also doesn't mean you get to be rude about someones work, either.

Next time you have a problem like this, try to think it out and word it properly; also try to be nicer. I had to read that post three times before I knew what you were trying to say. :lol:

Surgeon
04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok , I kind-of think I understand what you wrote. Let me try to address it.

1) I am awesome. Face it, that is the ways it is. I live a life normal people, like you, could only dream of, so I guess I am used to being sucked up to and don't notice it.

2) Why even bring this up? I mean sure there are some suck-ups but thats it. Just don't be a jerk and you won't be banned.

DrIfToRDIe
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Awesome Donzii! Which Stampede do you think would win in a race, mine(nitro) or yours(electric)? Those are awesome pictures and a great video. What's the name of the editing software that you use? Have you broken any castor blocks on that beast yet?

I find 4 unessacary words i would would replace in nice,good,well and swell

EDIT:I'm not tryin to be a jerk and I dont think im Bleepin awesome.Just people think the mods are bleepin gods !And there not,there just regualr members with an ability to ban you.

xmodkidd33
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I had to read that post three times before I knew what you were trying to say. :lol:

+1.

I get your point, but look around. Xmodification isn't a mod, 4x4Daddy's not a mod either. Look around and see the rest of the talent. People usually say nice things to the mods because they are respected in the Xmod community for their skills. Not because they hold a position of power.

Btw, Donzii, I really liked that hood on your Mustang...

2wdpancar
04-14-2008, 09:24 PM
No really, I get where you're coming from, but there are laid out rules, and as soon as you sign up, you gotta abide by them or they boot you.

I try to suck up to the mods only when necessary, like when I'm on the verge of getting booted or something...but everyone deserves equal respect, but I see a lot of members act like mods, but aren't.

Plus, I by means try and show respect for everyone, but the mods make the site better, so appreciate it already.
I'm not sucking up, just layin out the truth here bud.

xmodkidd33
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I see a lot of members act like mods, but aren't.

:blush:

Maturity and acceptance are pretty much requirements on normal-intelligence forum, such as this one. If you don't have them, you're out of luck, my friend. :bigwink:

texan_idiot25
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
1) Can the everyone who is on this site stop with the "prolly gonna git muhself banned fo' expressin' muh opinion" ****? Everyone who posts a thread with an opinion says this, it's getting old.

2) Half the time ya'll bring up valid points. This ain't the old xms, your not gonna be banned unless you go on a flamming rant like spade, and the like. We do want your opinions to iron the site out smooth.

It's a person's own choice to suck up to someone else, we have no say in that. Some look up to authority. Your not going to walk up to a cop and say he's dressed like an uptight asshole are ya?

If you see dudes trash talking other's cars, PM a mod, or use that http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/images_pb/buttons/report.gifbutton. Obviously someone isn't going to trash talk a mod's car for fear of infractions. If they feel they can get away with it with other members, then give them some words if you feel (with some censorship), and hit the report button.

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/images_pb/buttons/report.gif= everybody's friend

DrIfToRDIe
04-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks I guess tex?Another thing that grind my gears is people who act like a mod!I mean there like this forum is for xmods only and KEEP it that way!I mean dude come one thats not your job so just lay off and chillax.There like OMG you have 3 post and youre posting in de BST?WTF you cannot post in here n00b!.God

EDIT:And people arejusting handing down moderators jobs just cause they are friends?!I mean come one what the hell kind of BS is that ?He has like 1 post and just because he is your friend you make him a mod?!?

Donziikid
04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks I guess tex?Another thing that grind my gears is people who act like a mod!I mean there like this forum is for xmods only and KEEP it that way!I mean dude come one thats not your job so just lay off and chillax.There like OMG you have 3 post and youre posting in de BST?WTF you cannot post in here n00b!.God

EDIT:And people arejusting handing down moderators jobs just cause they are friends?!I mean come one what the hell kind of BS is that ?He has like 1 post and just because he is your friend you make him a mod?!?

If you have a problem with that, do as Tex. said, use the report-post button. A moderator of that section will be on it ASAP and assess the situation.

It's hard to punish members for trying to help out the moderating staff. Sometimes people take it to the extreme by saying they should get banned or x amount of infraction points, which isn't right, but there's really nothing that can be done about it. Leave that to the moderators, we'll deal with it in the way we see fit.

Also, you should lay off the moderating staff before you get into trouble. Some of that could be considered flaming/bashing of the staff and could get you serious infraction points. Just because a moderator has few posts doesn't mean they're not meant for the job. Many of the moderators are staff members of other forums and have proven there that they're great staff members.

2wdpancar
04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah, really, leave the mod jobs to the mods, it's their job(I sound like a noob right now:lol: ).

Really, why all these threads, one person speaks up(you), then there will be another sworm of spam topics, thing is, your's has a point behind it...

Don't be hatin', be appreciatin'.

imnotmikal
04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I will use a real-life methaphor here to answer your question about people acting like mods.
If you see someone conducting a robbery, and you have a chance to stop it, wouldn't you do it?
That's just like someone helping out the moderating team by telling a new member if they did something wrong.

snowboi1289
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM

I think the reason why we all like most or all the mods. is because they help us,and they actually have really nice xmods..What people should be afraid of,is admins.,I mean if they don't like you,then they can do anything(basicly).I fully understand what your saying.

bondo
04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
What people should be afraid of,is admins.,I mean if they don't like you,then they can do anything(basicly).I fully understand what your saying.

when has an admin banned anyone from this site over a grudge??(other then blacksky909 who is no longer an admin)
believe me, if i was out to ban anyone over a grudge or dislike then the current member population would plummet severely.
the other two administrators on this forum should'nt even cross your mind in this matter since both are two of the most laid back dudes around.

Most_Wanted
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I will use a real-life methaphor here to answer your question about people acting like mods.
If you see someone conducting a robbery, and you have a chance to stop it, wouldn't you do it?
That's just like someone helping out the moderating team by telling a new member if they did something wrong.

I'm sorry but I think your metaphor is way out of proportion, there is a huge difference between being a helpful member and helping to stop a robbery.

Also, I do agree it's great to be a helpful member of the Xmod community, but some people here are going beyond that point. I've seen many posts lately where rather than being helpful, members are posting comments that border very closely on being downright rude, in my opinion.

Cheers,
M_W

snowboi1289
04-14-2008, 11:24 PM
when has an admin banned anyone from this site over a grudge??(other then blacksky909 who is no longer an admin)
believe me, if i was out to ban anyone over a grudge or dislike then the current member population would plummet severely.
the other two administrators on this forum should'nt even cross your mind in this matter since both are two of the most laid back dudes around.

No,I was just saying an admin. has the opportunity to do that,I'm an admin. myself,and I've wanted to do that,but it was wrong,so I did't do so.I'm not saying anybody here would actually ban somebody because they don't like them,but I know on some other forum or site,somebody is getting banned for an admin. not liking them.

BART
04-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I think the reason why we all like most or all the mods. is because they help us,and they actually have really nice xmods..What people should be afraid of,is admins.,I mean if they don't like you,then they can do anything(basicly).I fully understand what your saying.

you figured me out. Fear my awesome powers. You are dealing with powers you could not possibly comprehend. I'll get you all. Moohawhawhaw!!!!!

firebird999
04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
you figured me out. Fear my awesome powers. You are dealing with powers you could not possibly comprehend. I'll get you all. Moohawhawhaw!!!!!

oh no! snowboi, look what you did! now we're all gonna die.:nodno:

texan_idiot25
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
You guys have my word that their isn't unfair bannings and crap and infractions here.

You all know how much I pulled with the old staff :lol: Promise you, you ain't getting banned for voicing a valid opinion. And we aren't banning for unfair reasons.

XMODification
04-15-2008, 02:16 PM
You guys have my word that their isn't unfair bannings and crap and infractions here.

You all know how much I pulled with the old staff :lol: Promise you, you ain't getting banned for voicing a valid opinion. And we aren't banning for unfair reasons.

Back in the old XMS topics like this would be like:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/xmodification/My%20Misc%20Photos/nicepost.gif

But since everything has been switched up it's been running really smooth and everyone just looking out to keep it that way.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/xmodification/My%20Misc%20Photos/rabbit.gif<<<<< ALL CALM LIKE THIS DUDE :lol:

Here's something that will help you keep your cool in life (most of the time):

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r99/xmodification/My%20Misc%20Photos/notice.jpg

This is not spamming since i'm stating my opinion and advise:D - if I get banned for this then it will be a good example of what not to do :lol:

(I just had to put in the old " if I get banned for this" part - it's really old but it makes me laugh everytime I see it -lol)