PDA

View Full Version : B/S/T rules

secspyral
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Don't you guys think that the B/S/T thread rules are a bit ridiculous. I've been a member of these forums for quite a while, all I really do is browse and gather info, with maybe a question here and there; and now I have some really nice Gen 1 stuff to sell and I can't even post? I would rather not go to ebay or anything because I know I can give back to the community that helped me in the beginning. Anyway, I would like to know if there is an alternative to posting my cars and parts for sale on this website. Thanks

Surgeon
04-02-2008, 11:08 PM
The BST is there for everyone's protection. People have a tendency to not deal with those they do not know. There are people out there that are scammers and this helps alleviate that issue. The BST section is a privaledge rather than a right.

I mean, come on now, you don't want anyone stealing your money do you?

secspyral
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
no, but im not a thief if that's what you're implying. I've done business with Bondo on the forums that I'm sure he'll vouch for and I have a high reputation with other sites such as ebay and things like that if I need to be verified as trustworthy. If you want me to go and type a comment on every thread that doesn't necessarily need to be there, then I will, I just think it would be ridiculous to go and do such a thing.

blue504life
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
no, but im not a thief if that's what you're implying. I've done business with Bondo on the forums that I'm sure he'll vouch for and I have a high reputation with other sites such as ebay and things like that if I need to be verified as trustworthy. If you want me to go and type a comment on every thread that doesn't necessarily need to be there, then I will, I just think it would be ridiculous to go and do such a thing.

other than ebay i know no other site

please dont post random stuff in peoples threads, that can not be stressed enough

xmodscarbon's_lost
04-02-2008, 11:23 PM
other than ebay i know no other site

please dont post random stuff in peoples threads, that can not be stressed enough
I can't agree more,i earned my right to post and start threads in the BST.

Surgeon
04-02-2008, 11:42 PM

Well if you post randomly, you will probably be banned for spamming.

I am not saying you are a thief. I don't know that you are a thief, I don't know that you are not a thief; but I do know that there are theives out there. Thieves that want to rip people off. That is the reality of the world we live in, and if you cannot understand how we can't tell the difference between them and you because we do not know you. The rule is to get people to know you before we start letting you sell.

meme405
04-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I can't agree more,i earned my right to post and start threads in the BST.

Yes you earned your right in half the time that he has been here...and he still doesnt have the right.

I guarantee if i go look at his posts i wont find a single spam post, if I look at yours i will find at least 25 ( or way more ) absolutely useless junk.

I dotn neccesarily agree that the rules are too strict but xmodcarbon, dont ever say that you have earned anything he hasnt, just because you post more...

bondo
04-03-2008, 12:50 AM
i agree that 200 posts is a bit absurd for verification.....but...rules is rules...
if we do decide to lower the PC for the B/S/T's then it will probably only go down to 100.
there is absolutely no way in hell that we will give new members free roam in the marketplace.
the staff has discussed this in the past and if a trade goes bad, there's onlt so much we can do.
if we get a complaint about a trade gone bad,all we can do is try to mediate the situation and at best, lock the BST privledges of the accused parties until the issue is resolved.
the marketplace should be viewed as "use ot your own risk".
XmodSource.com,it's staff or it's owners hold no responsibility for transactions made through the forums.
we will however, take every step possible to make them as safe as possible beforehand even if it means limiting who can use the feature wether it be through post count, time registerred or trader rating.

if we drop the PC down to 100 and it's abused then we will switch to 2 months after your join date.

plain and simple, we do this to save our own *****.
if new members were allowed immediate access we would be swamped with people who have been ripped off.(think Ebay without the nifty resolution center)

2wdpancar
04-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, a lot of new members come up in here trying to buy stuff, but they get in trouble.

It's to gain trust, I mean PM'ing people isn't good because that defeats that 200/50 post count rank system.:bigwink:

firebird999
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
yeah, the rules aren't bad at all, they're helpful. if you wanna sell them so bad put them in your sig and ppl will pm if they want them.

secspyral
04-03-2008, 09:21 AM
It's fine, ill find a way around it. :) It's just wrong in my opinion, that I've been here since last October reading, and learning, with the occasional pm and such, and I just can't post there because I need more posts.

bondo
04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
It's fine, ill find a way around it. :) It's just wrong in my opinion, that I've been here since last October reading, and learning, with the occasional pm and such, and I just can't post there because I need more posts.

hate to sound rude but your opinion means very little in this situation.
after all, your not the one who has to deal with the angry PM's when something goes wrong.

if you dont want to participate in the forums to let members get to know you a bit then your not going to be allowed into the BST, simple as that.

F-100CuStOmCaB
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I just want to clear something up about this. What exactly is a B/S/T thread just a way so you can make your own thread? Also I need to have 100 post in order to make a thread and be able to post something for sale? I was just wondering because I kind of wanted to make a thread but remembered coming across somthing about needing a certain amount of posts so wanted to check up on it first. And in this thread just wanted to mention that I would be selling the item on ebay, not actually here on this site. Thanks yah the new guys always ask lol

dontspamme
05-20-2008, 01:35 AM
A B/S/T thread is... I dont know exactly what a B/S/T thread is, all I know is that has to do something with buying, selling and trading.

Yea, you need 100 posts to make a B/S/T thread without anybody coming down your throat. If you want to buy, I believe it's 50 post before you can post in other people's FS threads.

If you want to annouce that your selling something on ebay, it's best not to make a new thread. You can put the link in your sig.

F-100CuStOmCaB
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't need a certain amount of post to make a normal thread though?

firebird999
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
nope.

F-100CuStOmCaB
05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
So do I need to get 100 post before being able to really do anything on this site?, I'm just confused, way different than other forums I've been on but I do like it more. And I'm not trying to post more to get more posts just I don't want to break any rules. What is it? Thanx again

TheB1GDude
05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Please don't bring up old threads when have rules in place describing how the site functions.

Its very simple, if you want to be able to buy, sell or trade items with other user's then you use a special area of the forum, this area only becomes visible when you have posted a certain number of times.

Your post count only affects the B/S/T area so with your 11 posts you can do everything you need except buy or sell...