PDA

View Full Version : did a fet upgrade but now my car wont work?

sputnikxxx
07-14-2004, 12:47 AM
I soldered a set fo 4562 fets to replace the stock fets cause I plan on getting a engine that requires it. The problem is after I installed the fets when I tried hooking it up to see if it works my batteries start smokin???? is this because I didnt do a good enough connection when I soldered the new fets on or is there a certain way they have to be facing? I am not sure If the way they were turned mattered or if all the legs are connected with a big blob of soldier to the board. I was about to install a set of lithiums too but I want to take care of this problem first. I would appreciate any help on this

ninja828
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah, it really matters on how the fet was placed on because usually on one side of the fet, all the legs are connected to the output/drain of the fet (all the legs are connected with a big blob of solder to the board) and on the other side the other legs are connected to the fet's source and gate. also, if you stacked fets, make sure that the legs are properly soldered together. last time i stacked fets they were soldered together but there wasnt much of a connection so my xmod didnt work until i found that out[/img]