PDA

View Full Version : What could you do with a...

meme405
03-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Channels:PCM 2048Modulation:R5014DPS PCMReceiver:Not IncludedServos:Lithium-IonTX Batteries:
FEATURESDual internal processors
PCM G3 2048 modulation
Full color touch screen
Switch customizing
Upload audio and picture files that appear on the LCD
2200mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
Ball bearing stick bearings
Adjustable stick tension and detent
Backwards compatibility - selectable 1024 and 2048 PCM
Easy to understand graphic menu
Records up to 24 assignable voice prompts
Editing by teouch-screen or Dial-N-Key button to scroll and select
Programs and functions upgradeable throught eh included 23MB compact flash card
Supports 7 different wing types, 4 tail types, 3 motor types and 7 heli swash plates
Combines airplane and glider functions into one program
Can handle up to 32 selectable functions
9 flight conditions
Plug-in antenna that stores in the bottom of the transmitter
32-character model naming, or upload digital images of your aircraft for use as model graphic display
Multi-color screen display with anti-glare filter and adjustable backlighting
Easily the most advanced radio system ever developed, the 14MZ brings many innovations to radio design and technology. For the latest information about the 14MZ visit the manufacturer web page at www.14mz.com.

Some of the system's most impressive highlights include the following:

Real-Time Response
Double the resolution of PCM1024, the 14MZ's breakthrough PCM G3 2048 enables servos to pick up even the slightest stick movements. It's the closest to actual real-time response possible, for unprecedented speed and precision. The 14MZ is also backwards- compatible, so pilots can still use 1024PCM and PPM receivers.

Large, Color Touch Screen
Only one company in the world could make the 14MZ display...it's an engineering triumph in itself. The HGVA screen features crystal clear 640x240 pixel resolution. It uses transflective technology (layered transparent and reflective surfaces) plus adjustable backlighting and contrast for easy visibility, even in direct sunlight. Menu navigations and selections can be made by touching the screen-or use the Dial-N-Key button to scroll and select

Dual Internal Processors
The 14MZ takes advantage of two separate internal processors for maximum efficiency and reliability. A custom Futaba processor expertly directs all functions dedicated to flight control. Input for general operating tasks-such as set-up and programming-is processed by Windows CE.

Pre-Programmed Mixes
Numerous aircraft configurations are already programmed in-seven wing types, four tail types and three motor types. Just select the needed setup

Servo Grouping
Multiple servos controlling a single function can be set up through the transmitter and then plugged into differently adjustable receiver channels (even non-consecutively) without needing a separate servo synchronizer for mixing.

Switch Customizing
The eight shoulder switches can be reconfigured to your own preference-just pull out switch and plug in the preferred style, tall or short, button or toggle, spring-loaded or positionable.

R5014DPS Receiver
By using state-of-the-art Ball Grid Array (BGA) layered PC board technology, the 14MZ's R5014DPS 14-channel synthesized receiver is the world's smallest. All pilots will appreciate how easy its WFSS (Wireless Frequency Setting System) makes changing frequencies at busy airfields. It can be done right from the transmitter without changing crystals.

Lithium-Ion Transmitter Battery
Even with the 14MZ transmitter's brilliant, full-color display, fliers will enjoy 2-3 hours of operating time per charge from the included 7.4V, 2200mAh lithium-Ion battery pack

Compact Flash Card Data Storage & Transfer
Built-in 30-model memory, which can be expanded to 100 models using the supplied Flash memory card. Upload digital images of your aircraft for use as model names on the graphic menu. Create and store audio files enabling you to fly to music or flight call sequences.

The transmitter also includes a built-in mic for recording and storing up to 24 voice prompts, such as "Landing gear down" and "Full throttle!" These prompts can be assigned to specific switches and functions so that audio confirmations of proper stick movement are heard through the transmitter's speaker.

Current retail price: $2199 before taxes

This thing is crazy i just saw one and holy canoly, take a look at the picture:

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/images/radio_control/futaba_14mzhp_14channel_mode2.jpg

Jeez 2500$ is what most sellers are looking for...

stang_racer
03-29-2008, 02:42 AM
wow ummmm and how many things can you control with that??? lol theres too much for me, id start forgeting what does what

imnotmikal
03-29-2008, 10:44 AM
That's only for airplanes... Unless you have an airplane, that would be a big waste. :lol:

meme405
03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
I do fly airplanes, and it can be useful for heli's too, which i know donzi is into.

Either way my point was that its a controller and its above 2000$, thats more expensive then (most) any single RC.

Donziikid
03-29-2008, 01:13 PM
That's nothing compared to the Futaba FX40. (http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj9415.html)

The top of the line radios you listed is not meant for helicopter or aerobatic use; it's meant to fly scalers. Since these scalers are sometimes bigger than a minivan, you don't want them to just drop out of the sky. So, people go out and purchase radios that can handle all the servos, functions and everything else you decide to pack on this plane. Hell, half the time these plans cost more than a minivan as well as being larger. :lol:

I fly helicopters and airplanes, Meme. ;)

theoriganalRiD3R1967
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
that thing looks as big as keyboard, or my old tv remote lol, i tried make a multiple funtion rc once, but i just bought some $10 cars from walmart that work on dif channls, a b c and d